(NEW) OPEN CHALLENGE: FIT BY OCTOBER!!!

Options

Replies

• MLStoMLK
    MLStoMLK Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I can't work-out, today - went for a muscle massage (on my sore shoulder!) and a chiro appointment (neck and lower back). So, I will REALLY have to watch my diet!

On the good news front, from Sun - Thurs of this week (yep, 5 days-in-a-row), I walked 5 km EACH AND EVERY DAY.

Great job! Excellent! Hope your sore back and shoulder heal quickly. It's good that you're trying to take care of yourself!
  • MLStoMLK
    MLStoMLK Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    QOTD #12: What are your goals (weight, food, exercise, other) for September?

My Goals are similar to others who have posted:
    Weight - to lose a pound or more a week! 5 lbs would be awesome!
    Exercise - continue with Jillian's 30 Day Shred and walking
    Food - focus on moderation and cont. to track my food on MFP. It may be a more challenging this month as we are celebrating several birthdays in my family, including my own. It sure would be a great birthday gift to myself to be my thinnest in a very long time!
  • healermoon
    healermoon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have to say this challenge is helping me a great deal in making sure I do track my food each day! And as a result of tracking my food I am being more careful about how much I am eating! Thanks to everyone!

My exercise goal is to work on adding more exercise to my already packed day. I am sure I can add a half an hour in somewhere! Continue counting calories and hopefully lose 5-8 pounds this month. I am hoping to lose 12 by the end of October but hopefully close to 8 by the end of the challenge!
  • fitmom_pam1976
    fitmom_pam1976 Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    NAME: Pam
    HEIGHT: 5'2"
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 176.5
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 165
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: Low carb (I try...but living in Italy makes this hard!!! I love pizza!)
    DIET GOALS: To control my emotional eating and keep a journal!
    EXERCISE GOALS: Gym 4 days a week need to get back in shape!
    OTHER GOALS: To feel good about myself so I can be a better mom, wife and friend! ;)
  • rubytuesday
    rubytuesday Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    NAME: Sarah
    HEIGHT: 5'8"
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 180
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 173
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET:I'm gluten free (with a few slip ups) other than that, just counting calories.
    DIET GOALS: To find a balance between extreme dieting and extreme eating!
    EXERCISE GOALS: Playing squash once a week, Zumba once a week, walking and pilates twice a week each.
    OTHER GOALS: It's nearly summer here, and I want to be able to buy pretty summer clothes for the first time in years.
  • lisakatelaunspach
    Options
    Count me in pls pls pls :D
    I'm lisa kate
    Height: 1.63m/ 5"4
    Weight: 60kgs/130lbs
    Goals: to be able to run/jog for 20mins
    To stick strictly to my daily cals
    To drink 2-3l of water a day
    To workout min of 5 days a week
    To lose body fat
    I don't have a weight loss goal. Ps I'm vegan 2
  • lisakatelaunspach
    Options
    I'm lisa kate
    To lose body fat
  • fitmom_pam1976
    fitmom_pam1976 Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options

Weight: Lose 6 lbs
    Food: Get into a healthy eating habit
    Exercise: Get moving!!!!!!
  • Soccer_chick916
    Soccer_chick916 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi Leah. Thanks for starting one. I have felt left out too!! Please friend me and we can keep up the challenges.

NAME: Holly
    HEIGHT: 5'4''
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 216
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 205
    START PANTS SIZE: 14/16(US)
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 13/14 (US)
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: Counting calories
    DIET GOALS: Eat less tortillas and bread, (big in my household)
    EXERCISE GOALS: In addition to going to the gym 3-4 times per week, start doing either a Pilates work out dvd or the Jillian Michaels shred workout.
    OTHER GOALS: flat belly
    FUN FACT: I'm fluent in Spanish because I am Polish and Mexican, I dont look it!
  • lisakatelaunspach
    Options
    I'm lisa kate
    To lose body fat
  • natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Count me in :D

NAME: Natalie
    HEIGHT: 5'8''
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 220
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 180
    START PANTS SIZE: 16 (UK)
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 12/14 (UK)
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: Nope just healthy and no junk food!
    DIET GOALS: I wanna stop giving in to munchies.
    EXERCISE GOALS: To walk up a flight of stairs without almost dying :P
    OTHER GOALS: Just wanna be fitter and healthier, and to look better ofc :)
  • miss_shinobi
    miss_shinobi Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    NAME: Rachael
    HEIGHT: 5'7''
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 175
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 165
    START PANTS SIZE: 14 UK
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 12 UK
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: nope just try to eat as many fruit and veg as possible!
    DIET GOALS: to drink less alcohol!
    EXERCISE GOALS: to complete 30 day shred
    OTHER GOALS: need to tone badly!
    FUN FACT: I love Incubus :)
  • janagardner
    janagardner Posts: 11 Member
    Options

Weight: Loose 10 pounds in September (By October 1st) - 2 1/2 pounds a week .... Eeek! I can do it!
    Food: I love carbs so lower my intake and eat more protien. Enter all my calories on MFP and stay within my calories
    Excercise: Run (4km) 3 times a week and go to Zumba once a week.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    NAME: Ben
    HEIGHT: 5'6''
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 168
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 155
    START PANTS SIZE: 32
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: Im a guy, I dont really think about pant sizes
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: Not really
    DIET GOALS: Calorie Count EVERYTHINGAH!
    EXERCISE GOALS: exercise at least 4 days a week
    OTHER GOALS: get closer to my goal of 145, then once achieved, start the p90x
    FUN FACT: I am a blackbelt, dj, sound technician, pharmacy technician, student, licensed motorcyclist and scuba diver. I have many hats, not a big enough hat rack though
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    WOW, lots of new members!!! YAY!!! Welcome to Fit by October, where the goal is to support each other as we work towards whatever our own personal ideas of fitness are.

Today was my weigh-in day, and I am pleased to report that I am down .8!!! So, I'm 5.8 pounds away from my goal weight, but only 3.8 pounds away from hitting the top of my goal weight range of 138-142.

I hope that everyone else is having a great weekend! I don't know how often I'll be on here over the holiday weekend, but I will be back with more QOTD on Tuesday for sure!
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Keep forgeting to check in here, sorry. So far I am down to 148.5 and may reach my challenge goal of 145 early, we'll see. Going on vacation in a week and a half, so I know that may slow it down a bit. BTW, you are all doing great so far :smile:.

QOTD #10: How are you tracking your food right now? Do you pre-track or track as you go? Do you track everything you eat, or only certain foods? Do you eat your exercise calories or not? I wanna know everything, hahaha.

I track my food the night before and make changes through the day if I need to. Works better for me to have a rough plan as much as possible. I also eat all of my exercise calories.

QOTD #11: Do you drink diet soda and/or other drinks with artificial sweeteners? Why or why not?

I do drink diet soda (Ifavorites include diet pepsi, diet mt. dew, diet sun drop, and diet cherry pepsi) as well as other diet drinks like diet iced tea and crystal light. I got into drinking them in college when I tried the atkins diet and had to give up regular soda and now think regular soda tastes wierd. It also helps keep me away from worse things sometimes, especially at work.

QOTD #12: What are your goals (weight, food, exercise, other) for September? Lose .5 -1lb each week (starting to slow it down since my ultimate goal is less than 10 lbs away and the challenge goal is 3.5 lbs away). Also plan to finish my 5K and keep running 3 times a week as well do other exercises 2-3 times a week.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,971 Member
    Options
    I am down 0.5 lb for this week, which is better than last week's 0.1 lb loss, so I am CELEBRATING that success!

(Because I only had <10 lb to lose, I expected it might take quite a while...)

I am off for another cardio work-out this morning, and I'm paying close attention to my nutrition plan this week. (I'm in conference the week after, which will make things quite challenging!)
  • julidav
    julidav Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I,m down 6.2 pounds this week. Which puts me .4 pounds under my goal weight for this challenge.
  • 17pounda
    Options
    HI I have 20 lbs to lose and would love to join this group

Starting weight 159
    Goal weight 140
  • healermoon
    healermoon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    As the Challenge goes until Oct 7, I am hoping to lose another 5 pounds by then, and hopefully another 5 pounds by October 21, my husband's birthday. :)

How is everyone doing toward their challenges?