The Great Toilet Paper Shortage of 2020

Replies

• joey32411
    joey32411 Posts: 22 Member
    Bidets are coincidentally popping up everywhere for sale for dirt cheap on Amazon. (In all seriousness, though, that's going to be the next thing that will be in short supply, won't it?)
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    I suggest people start using their underwear and go commando.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Lettuce or banana peels might work
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    The middle pages of the Sears & Roebuck Wish Book. Anyone remember stashing those in ye olde dependency?
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    😂

7t552psb6dds.jpg

🤣🤣🤣
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    😂

7t552psb6dds.jpg

okay, that's pretty funny.

....... come to think of it, I do have several bags of frozen kale in the other freezer.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    edited March 2020
    Thankfully I just bought a huge package at Target last week before the masses went on their panic TP-buying spree. I went to Kroger last night and they were wiped out and I wanted to punch everyone who bought TP in the face. Not because I needed TP (we'll be fine for several weeks), but because those people are stupid and deserve to be *kitten*-slapped.

On a positive note, maybe this will inspire people to do the Family Cloth, which can only help the environment, right?
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    joey32411 wrote: »
    Bidets are coincidentally popping up everywhere for sale for dirt cheap on Amazon. (In all seriousness, though, that's going to be the next thing that will be in short supply, won't it?)

I don't understand that. It's not like you can easily install a bidet in your bathroom.
  • DecadeDuchess
    DecadeDuchess Posts: 315 Member
    Dryer Lint!
  • poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 528 Member
    A "sorta prepper" friend of mine told me not to worry, take old clothes (he mentioned T shirts), cut them into squares and use those. Wash, rinse and repeat. Hey, if you have to... but EWWW!🤢
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Thankfully I just bought a huge package at Target last week before the masses went on their panic TP-buying spree. I went to Kroger last night and they were wiped out and I wanted to punch everyone who bought TP in the face. Not because I needed TP (we'll be fine for several weeks), but because those people are stupid and deserve to be *kitten*-slapped.

On a positive note, maybe this will inspire people to do the Family Cloth, which can only help the environment, right?

You wanted to punch people who bought TP in the face? What if they needed it? :laugh:
  • GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
    So is this really not just a meme? I walked into a store yesterday and walked out with toilet paper in hand, didn’t even have to do any elbow drops. I mean i know there are shortages but is it as bad as people make it sound?
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    iMago wrote: »
    oh and if i had to have it i probably just steal it from work. you can easily walk out with one or two rolls a day as long as you act like you're supposed to have them they won't even ask just be confident

This applies to a lot of things
  • DecadeDuchess
    DecadeDuchess Posts: 315 Member
    iMago wrote: »
    F5v16DVm.jpg
    cb33wyEm.jpg
    p0eTKjJm.jpg

also- anybody else thinking how hilarious its gonna be a decade from now when some troll comes along and bumps this post

No because with how UA's destroying MFP, it won't exist by then.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,310 Member
    edited March 2020
    Or

rd30vcfn3692.png
    Get the backpack one if youre that messy.. 😂
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    So is this really not just a meme? I walked into a store yesterday and walked out with toilet paper in hand, didn’t even have to do any elbow drops. I mean i know there are shortages but is it as bad as people make it sound?

It's getting that way in my area (Oklahoma). Some stores had bare shelves, others were half empty. By the end of the weekend I expect most stores be out unless they receive new shipments.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    anybody know if their brand of TP is manufactured here in the US or?
  • CaptAwesome77
    CaptAwesome77 Posts: 84 Member
    Receipt from CVS? That’s usually about as long as a regular roll of toilet paper anyway... not quite the mega rolls though.