WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2020

Options

Replies

• agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    exermom- I like the jillian Micheals tapes. I found a exercise cd of the biggest loser. (when it first came out) Jillian was one of the trainers.
    Anna in OK
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Hubby came home poor guys exhausted went to work . Home Depot still has supplies the stores are running out of.Look there if need be.
    Amber Tx

Texting Daughter y Their GodMom .God Moms out hunting for sewing supplies to occupy her time . Good outlet if you can. JRs been extra helpful today. He swept 🧹 the windows with the broom 🧹 lol 😂
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    Tttttt
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    Options
    Lanette-I have never heard of that group! I will have to check it out. My only problem is if I don’t weigh myself every day I do gain weight! I need to be strict with that and recording every bite! It’s not that I can’t do this it’s just that my mind gets the better of me when I slip up! I have also tried not weighing myself and go by how my clothes fit but 10 pounds can hide or stretch out my clothes and before I know it I’m in my “fat” pants :s Thanks for the comment on the girls makeup! Children are amazing :)

<3

Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I picked up a couple books at the library.

New one by Ann Cleeves, "The Long Call" introducing a new character - Detective Matthew Venn. I'm about 1/3 of the way through it. Plot vaguely reminds me of a Vera episode, I think. <3 But it's very good and I'll soon be through it. I might start re-reading all of her Vera and Shetland novels.

Question for you UK ladies - who is the author who wrote about a young forensic archeologist gal - I think it was on Shetland or in that vicinity? I think there were 3 or 4 in the series? I thought it was Cleeves but am scanning her novels here on the internet and nothing is jumping out. Want to reread that series as well.

Then, next up is "No Saints Around Here" - I thumbed through it and it looks good. Thanks to one (or more) of you fine ladies who recommended it recently. <3 There's probably a lot I can identify with having a husband with RA and other health issues.

I need to apologize - I just checked this group on my tablet and there's a whole page of comments I totally missed. So if my recent comments seem squirrelly than usual, that's why.

Lanette
    SW WA State where it's 40 degrees but still snowing.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Lanette Could you be thinking of author Elly Griffiths? Her protagonist is Dr. Ruth Galloway.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    Options
    Karen Thanks! I am finding this part of my journey very difficult! I am part of a challenge group right now that requires weighing in each week. It helped me to be accountable after my bulk cycle to lose 10 pounds. I did gain muscle and lost fat but this is a very challenging endeavor!

<3

Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Mary Aha! It would be really hard to take part in a challenge when you are trying to recomp. Especially if it is a weight-loss challenge. Because you don't want to lose any muscle, and recomp is such a slow process. Could be that the two aren't very compatible.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    HEATHER practically impossible to get an app with dr at best of times. Valencian region not included in FO advice yet

Kate UK
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Lanette - Yes, Ellie Griffiths. One of my favourite crime writers. :D Mainly set in Norfolk, though her latest is set somewhere else I believe. I am waiting to buy it when the price has dropped a bit. We both love them, so always buy a hard copy, rather than Kindle. Might buy it for our 16th anniversary in May.
    My elder son also is hooked!

Just about to watch another Vera repeat. I think I've only seen it twice already. :laugh:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Lisa, adorable pics!💖
    Yesterday I colored some of my envelopes. I have the large box of crayons! It was relaxing, listening to some William Ackerman. I also bought stickers, and made little bundles of 4-5 stickers for each pen pal. I used some cardboard squares and made little flap envelopes for them to go in. Its always fun to trade stickers, and I have bought some great 3d ones.

Went to the commissary today, husband stayed in car. I was able to go thru the express lane, because they upped the items from 20 limit to 40 limit. I bought a chicken. Yum! The air around the place was really tense though. And soon I noticed the line had encircled 50% of the stores inner perimeter.

On the way out I picked up some alcohol wipes and we wiped down our hands, and inside the car, pretty much everywhere we touched.

Someone asked if Athena might have a sibling in the future. I think she is back on protection, and they will wait until she graduates from nursing school. My son is taking online college courses now too, just general ones right now. He works from 2-12 midnight most days. She has school from 8-5:30 pm. A lot of tag team parenting. They have one day where he's off and she just does online courses. But Athena seems to be thriving thru it all. I think their dream is to rent a house. If they didn't have pets, we would be more than happy to rent with them! My husband is not a dog person. He tolerates them, but could never live with one. I have no problem either way.

Hugs ladies!
    💖Rebecca
    Whidbey island
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Lanette Could you be thinking of author Elly Griffiths? Her protagonist is Dr. Ruth Galloway.

Thank you Karen and Heather Yes, Elly Griffiths. Ruth Galloway. Will get them ordered from the library today. <3

If I had a bucket list, going to the Shetlands or somewhere close by and beach combing would be at the top. Picking through rocks. Looking for whatever the storms blew in. Just think, people have been doing that for eons, haven't they? <3

Lanette
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Anna OK – I have Jillian Michael Killer Abs DVD that I’d sell ya for the price of the postage (which would be a little less than $3). She isn't my favorite, but I can survive her DVD's

Before the soup kitchen went to the post office then the bank. For lunch they had a ham & cheese sandwich with cream of potato soup. Looked to me like it had a lot of butter in it, but that may have been oil. Cake (natch) for dessert. After the soup kitchen went to WalMart to get the prescriptions and a few other things. Now home, getting dinner ready to microwave and crocheting.

Michele in NC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Terri - what a talent! :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,064 Member
    Options
    Lanette: I've been in maintenance since the new year. It's a steep learning curve but I'm holding steady.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,064 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Mary from Arizona: I used to feel the same way until I accepted that I was choosing to sabotage, so I could choose not to do it. The other thing is that when you do fall off the wagon, it's not the end of the world. It human! Get back on immediately. And the best thing of all is that EVERY day is a brand new opportunity to be the best we can be!

Karen in VA: Lilly Belle😍
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Terri - that watercolor is just lovely - it would look absolutely beautiful on my wall. :)

Karen - your little Liliana has more personality in her tiny little face than seems possible.

Yes, on the grandchildren front, it was lovely to have them. If there's anything better than being able to squeeze baby cheeks, I haven't found it yet. I treasure every moment with them. And trying to work with them in the house this morning, as I had to be at my computer and working at 8:30 a.m. was... not even possible.

But, they left for the in-laws about 11 a.m., and have been there for hours already, and I'm... finally relaxing.

Part of that is because Egg came back in the house about 1 p.m. She's looked under every bed to make sure they're gone, and fell asleep on my lap a couple times, and is presently curled up in her usual spot, snoozing. Glad to have my cat back.

Later y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa