WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2020

Options

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    They said FAKE CDC workers are coming to doors 🚪.The CDC is not I repeat NOT going door to door 🚪! It’s robbers to scammers they get you to open up to harm financially or physically. If they say CDC their lying 🤥.

Amber Tx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Mother-in-law worries about us she came back .Over 5 grandkids here under the age of 7yrs old. JRs the baby 3yrs old.

Amber Tx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    5nt5564zy0wy.jpeg

This got me laughing so hard lol 😂.He must work for Amazon they been fighting price gauging like crazy lately.

The younger generations just made a song about the Corona Virus they’re definitely goofy https://youtu.be/aY8-N8-pn1I

Amber Tx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Oh no 🤦‍♀️ he ran Aimee off early! I’d leave him with nobody on Saturday if I was my hubby lol 😂. I’m the type who stays long enough everyone gets their vacation at least.
    Grab her keys call her deliver them if need be. I’m sure walking back for the keys 🔑 isn’t her dream day.

Amber Tx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,694 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    No she left her work keys. Left,hit the bricks.off like a prom dress,leaving me alone for the next 4 days
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Oh no 4 days!! Surprised you haven’t walked out today just from that. Stay strong work at your pace ignore any hurry up or grumpy words from him if any. Your out in a few days if you want an extra minute on the toilet he can wait!

USA 🇺🇸 Coronovirus a 32yr old man (I didn’t know it effected any this young who are healthy). Hackensack hospital 🏥 He wants transferred to Mt Sinai Hospital 🏥. Hopefully he can get there.
    https://youtu.be/51Y2-vBmXwA

Amber Tx
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Just watched an interview with someone who is directly involved with working on a vaccine for Covid-19. He was an American being interviewd by a British Journalist. He said we need to learn from the Chinese and those and Singapore and follow their lead in trying to slow this illness down. There was one case at the end of December now it is spread worldwide. He stressed this illness will not totally go away anytime soon. We need to buy time so a vaccine can be found.

Seeing how China shut down and now Italy. It does give us time to consider what we can do to prepare without panicing. In some ways it is like preparing for a natural disaster. You get yourself as prepared as you can and pray that disaster doesn't hit you. At least if it does and you are prepared you are in a better postion to do damage control.

If they find you have been exposed it is important to quarantine yourself for 14 days. Hence why it is important to have supplies ready.

The U.S. does not have the beds to take care of those who may be come serouily ill from this illness. We need to work together and do what we can do to stay healthly so we do not overburden the health care system.

Staying home when sick is important. So Heather you are doing the right thing in staying home.

Watch out for scammers that promise cures, vaccines, and supplies like masks. Right now their is no cure and no vaccine. Someone trying to sell you a mask on line is probably a scammer.

It is true for most it will be milder. Who that 15% that will get hit hard is still unknown. It is that 15% we all need to work together to protect. For those of us over 60 we are more vulnerable. It is recommended we try to avoid crowds.

They also interviewed a younger man who worked in the health system who was in ICU. He said it hit him fast just like the flu can. Younger people can also get hit hard, too.

Having survived the Swine Flu I do take this very serioulsly.

Margaret
    - did they say that after 14 days of quarantine, you can consider yourself immune and go out into the public places and not worry about it anymore? It gets confusing - the folks who were "exposed" at CPAC and showing no symptoms... so were they really exposed just because they shook hands or were in the same room with the sick person?

I just got an email from Medicare. Here's their message:

According to the CDC, older adults and people who have severe chronic medical conditions like heart, lung or kidney disease are at a higher risk of serious illness if they contract the COVID-19 virus. This means that most people with Medicare are at a higher risk.

Your health, safety, and welfare is our highest priority. In addition to practicing good everyday prevention through things such as hand washing and avoiding touching your face, the CDC says there is more you can do to take precautions against COVID-19 and reduce your risk of exposure:

Avoid crowds, especially in poorly ventilated spaces with limited air circulation.
    Defer all cruise ship travel worldwide, particularly if you also have underlying health issues.
    Avoid situations that put you at increased risk, including non-essential travel such as long plane trips.

So really no change to our normal cocooning schedule.

Thanks to you all for your continuing updates. I tune out cable TV these days...who knows what is hype and what's the real deal? Sometimes I skim over the posts here as well for lack of time, but I know we have good detectives. B)

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,077 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    Taught water exercise at the YM this morning as the regular teacher had a cold. There were only 6 participants instead of the usual 20 or so. It is really crazy around here. I am mostly staying home and taking sensible precautions since I do have sarcoidosis in lungs, lymph nodes and bone marrow. Made decision not to fly to California for nephew's 50th birthday party as my mom is 95, my DB has congestive heart failure and DSiL has just finished therapy for breast cancer.

Machka - Happy Birthday!!

Happy birthday to JR. Hope he enjoys his party on Saturday.

Katla - Sorry about the accident. Glad you had a good ride on Sunday.

Sharon - Glad to see you back. Congrats on making your goal.

Welcome to all who are new.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Some people like mall lady incubation period is 2- 24days. Mall lady took 15days before she was positive started having symptoms. So different for everyone.So standard is quarantine 2weeks but some take 3 1/2weeks.
    Guess it’s like when me y Hubby came in contact with a flu person awhile back .I stayed home he went out of town on buisness.I was sick immediately like 2dats later, he said you’ll get better.I didn’t had to be hospitalized (was pregnant with JR the time he asked me not to wear a mask 😷 cause it embarrassed him...now he tries to glue it on me lol 😂). He took a week before he was sick with it came home the next day week sick miserable but took me to the hospital 🏥.He expected meds go home instead I almost lost JR was stuck all of Christmas 🎄 in a hospital (2-3weeks). Weird thing is mine was 2days his took a week same contact. So guess it makes sense.

Amber Tx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,048 Member
    Options
    Lanette the post of the young man you have is the one I was referring too. We just got a 3rd case here and he is a young man in his thirties who thinks he got it when he was traveling. He is in critical condition.

Our legislation just past some funding to help with tracking those who have been exposed to someone with the virus.

Korea does have the right idea with drive up testing. I don't know if we have the man power and test kits for this.

:heart: Margaret
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,536 Member
    Options
    Opppp
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    1td6jyxhf99q.jpeg
    voxlfszgk0d2.jpeg
    5vh4cqx418y4.jpeg
    m3kg4hl6e6i9.jpeg

Big day for a newly 3yr old. He saw his 1st fire truck 🚒 (older neighbor) . Learned he can reach turn the lights on y off so the whole house is dark then light then dark etc etc. My eyes can’t adjust lol

Amber Tx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    animated-birthday-image-0075.gif

Happy Birthe JR
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Wow! Talkative tonight! I am on page 32 but was busy doing things with Husband. Will read tomorrow. I sleep much better if it is a book or magazine before shut eye.

<3
    Kylia sleepy in Ohio
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,536 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 8.35min, 129mhr, 10.9amph, 1.56mi= 67c
    apple watch- 67c
    HELIX MACHINE- 17min, hill intervals, 100ahr, 129mhr, 49arpm, lvl5, 1.48mi= 53c
    apple watch- 102c
    ARM DIP/CHIN UP ASSIST MACHINE- 23.31min, 119ahr, 146mhr, 5sets of 10ea w/80# assist and 3 standing floor exercies= 166c
    apple watch- 176c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.48min, 137mhr, 15.3amph, 1.47mi= 49c
    apple watch- 60c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 16.29min, 140mhr, 11.1amph, 3.04mi= 134c
    apple watch- 111c
    Jog sta 2 wrk- 5.27min, 9.35min mi, 146mhr, .56mi= 63c
    apple watch- 59c
    Jog wrk 2 sta- 4.17min, 9.15min mi, 152mhr, .46mi= 53c
    apple watch- 54c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 21.22min, 7.2amph, 144mhr, 2.57mi= 185c
    apple watch- 157c

total cal 819
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Wish my Hubby luck getting our shopping 🛒 list done tomorrow. It’s JRs regular items a few for hubby hoping he has lucky 🍀. I’m not getting on to hubby if he comes home with anything my diet shouldn’t have since stores are full one minute sparse the next now. That 120cal can of corn full of salt might be all that’s left again instead of my salt free 60cal one.BEGGERS Can’t be Choosers now.

Saw a news post showed 3 Women in Australia 🇦🇺 fighting over toilet paper the management had to step in call the cops 👮.
    Showed Hubby he said if folks are getting like that in some places he’s going not me. He sees me as too tiny y short.

Very glad I have lost 50lbs if I had to start walking to a nearby store I know I can do it! Before I wouldn’t have made it down the culdasac .

Potty training saved 4 diapers today. Their hard to get at the moment.

Amber Tx