WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2020

Options

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Don't know why frozen veggies didn't pop in my head-hehe. Much better than canned!
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    Don't know why frozen veggies didn't pop in my head-hehe. Much better than canned!

Because you’re thinking storm preparedness out of habit? I know when I think of prepping, I think of things that don’t need refrigeration.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,854 Member
    Options
    0kzl2owb2620.png
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,537 Member
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »

Because you’re thinking storm preparedness out of habit? I know when I think of prepping, I think of things that don’t need refrigeration.

Okie in the TX Hill Country

I wanted to thank u again for your donation, it’s very much appreciated
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Katla Ol, I too have 2 ask, u ok my gurl?
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,330 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Good morning ladies <3

What I am grateful for during this time of possible quarantine....

1.) Amazon and other online retailers who can generally deliver what you need within a day or two. Drop it in the front step.
    2.) Local grocery store pickup (Walmart-place your order online, and when you go to pick it up, it's delivered to your car) and even delivery from our local Safeway. And the pizza guy, lol.

Regarding our gut microbes, here are 2 important ones that are mentioned in the literature I'm reading: Akkermansia muciniphila https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6223323/ and Faecalibacterium prausnitzii https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5492426/ I am not a microbiologist, nor do I play one on TV, but the the upshot on these bugs is that they love many resistant starches and fermented products, and colored fruits and veggies. We've been told to eat from the color spectrum and eat fermented foods - these (very technical) articles kind of explain the why, and there are many other resources in the internet. These bugs also help with obesity, can help heal leaky gut, and boost our immune systems. Kind of interesting reading if you are bored or have spare time. ;)

Tomatoes have started to germinate and will be moved to the "nursery" today. They'll be basking under a full spectrum flourescent lights and keeping their toes warm on heat mats. Of course, a little snow is possible this weekend and highs of 41 - their garage environment is unheated but I think they'll be fine. B)

Make it a great day, ladies. <3

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,202 Member
    Options
    I have my fingers in my mouth virtually non stop when I'm at home. I reckon once I'm through the door my own bugs are all around me so I'll wash my hands carefully when I come in and then just carry on. The important thing is not to bring new bugs through the door.

Lanette - The problem is that any object has been touched by multiple people, so to be absolutely safe you would have to disinfect everything. For me that is a step too far. I have been putting things away after shopping with my gloves still on, carefully peeling my gloves off, and then washing my hands.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    How many times a day do you touch your face?

The health advice includes washing hands with soap frequently throughout the day and avoiding touching your face.

When I hear that my first thought was, "That's OK, I hardly ever touch my face" ...

Then I started paying attention to it, and it's like my hands are glued to my face!! Rubbing my itchy, sore eyes. Checking my broken tooth. Scratching my itchy nose. Brushing my hair out of my face. Pushing my glasses up.

I'm trying to really focus on not touching! And I might need to start wearing my hair back.

Oh, speaking of hair, I've started washing it 6 days a week instead of just 5 and I might go to 7. I'm also debating about having about 6-8 inches lopped off the bottom. I can almost sit on it now. It's possible it might be healthier to have it slightly shorter.

M in Oz

how many times? 9million
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    t3so7dic2lfk.jpeg
    b16bcsap9lc7.jpeg
    4mzgadmm8y3n.jpeg
    JRs touches my face more than I do lol 😂. So trillions for JR touching it on top of my touching.

JR grabbed the box of brownies y cake 🎂 he was so excited put it in the ground tried to open them himself. Don’t worry mopped y waxed the floor last night had too all the potty training accidents.

Realized today after someone said something that many of you like my hubby family wears their nasty 😷 out door shoes inside! I was brought up to use rubbing alcohol to washing machine on all kids shoes. We have outdoor shoes y indoor shoes.You do not wear your outdoor shoes inside! Considered Rude by 80% of my family (culture thing). Hubby leaves his shoes outside or on a mat (the fancy ones) .I put JRs outdoor tennis shoes for going to stores y Doctor in a pouch in his closet (Mickey mouse shoes y sandals for indoor/ plain cheap one for going out) .Same with mine like JR got pouch.

JR woke up didn’t want underwear 🩲 he cried so told him sit on potty you can have a diaper.Saved 4 diapers yesterday/1 diaper saved so far today at least.

Hubby did great shopping 🛒 found a lot they had just stocked up luckily. He of course couldn’t get our exact products so some were anything he could find . Giant bag of potato mix to box of brownie mix. We have shifted our shopping 🛒 to what will JR eat mainly. So if worst comes to worst he will eat for sure. The Head Baker wore mask 😷 y gloves 🧤 made it no writing on it handed the birthday cake straight to hubby.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Katla I’m see it as a blessing that even tho you were rattled you remembered to take photos to prove who y what damage was done!

Nurses in China of positive Moms are becoming caretakers until the moms test negative .Gives us with little tiny grandkids to kids still a glimpse of the what our Government May do. https://youtu.be/QwIplXfjew4

Coronovirus myths (remember even they can get something wrong but it’s better than nothing.
    https://youtu.be/0h_VFRqibIg

Amber Tx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Only 11:40am I’m tired 😴.Got the toilet cleaned after I washed down door knobs,doors,light switches,y most bases boards (takes a few months to get all the base boards). Now 3yr old messy hand prints lol 😂 I’m going to be glad when he’s not into cheetah hands on my curtains. Got laundry 🧺 done ✅

Walking 🚶‍♀️ indoors like usual

Cleaning like usual

Eating easy items might cook the steak 🥩 tomorrow morning. Just easy stuff today.
    Had a slice of high calorie birthday 🎂 cake with a peanut butter sandwich 🥪. Later not sure.Hubby this ok some of our groceries to his Mom so she doesn’t go out.
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    How many times a day do you touch your face?

The health advice includes washing hands with soap frequently throughout the day and avoiding touching your face.

When I hear that my first thought was, "That's OK, I hardly ever touch my face" ...

Then I started paying attention to it, and it's like my hands are glued to my face!! Rubbing my itchy, sore eyes. Checking my broken tooth. Scratching my itchy nose. Brushing my hair out of my face. Pushing my glasses up.

I'm trying to really focus on not touching! And I might need to start wearing my hair back.

Oh, speaking of hair, I've started washing it 6 days a week instead of just 5 and I might go to 7. I'm also debating about having about 6-8 inches lopped off the bottom. I can almost sit on it now. It's possible it might be healthier to have it slightly shorter.

M in Oz

Every time I go out in public now, I feel a need to touch my face! Maddening!

Beth near Buffalo