WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2020

Options

Replies

• sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    exermom wrote: »
    Kiwibowler – are you from Australia? What’s the significance behind your name?

Michele NC

If Kiwi refers to a country, it would be New Zealand, not Australia. :)

That's what I was thinking when I read that. :smiley:

Tina in CA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    Ooo
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) My newest favorite book is "Stillness is the Key" by Ryan Holiday. :)

Barbie I just read through the "Look Inside" version on Amazon - that looks like a terrific book.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Kylia I wonder if your mother-in-law would be amenable to a single injection of 1 gram of ceftriaxone (Rocephin)? That's a pretty decent treatment for UTI in a person who can't or won't take pills. Of course her doctor would have to agree to the plan & your mother-in-law would need not to be allergic to it.

Karen in Virginia
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Rebecca – where did you enter your weight on MFP so that they could generate that chart? I’ve never done that but think it would be interesting to do for a bit

Rori – how scary that must have been! Thank goodness the neighbors took Mars in

Got my oil changed. They said something about how I will soon need new tires (there aren’t many miles on the tires as it is). Well, you know they are ALWAYS trying to sell you something, especially if it’s a woman who is going in for the oil change

Jess called. The college is going to go to online classes for the next three weeks. So she won’t be coming home

Have to call the neurologist tomorrow. Previously, they gave me the extended release. Well, with insurance thru Mars it was $50. Now on Medicare it is over $500. So I need to call the neurologist’s office to see what can be done. Even if I have to take the non-extended release tablets twice a day. We shall see.

Went to ceramics tonight. Vince had a GOP meeting and didn't get out in time. By the time he got home and had dinner, he felt it would be too late so he didn't go

M – oops! Me bad (Australia vs. New Zealand)

Kylia – a single injection is a wonderful idea!

Michele NC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    Machka -- I went to a new hair stylist recently who recommended not washing hair every day. I needed to train my hair. So, I've been doing that the last few weeks and I have to say, it works. I even haven't been washing it after hot runs. I just dry it and spray dry shampoo in it. The most I have gone was 3 days. I did use a lot of dry shampoo. I have heard this many times before. It's because every time you wash your hair, you strip the oils and it becomes weaker and breaks. Mine does look better already.

Tina in CA

All I need is for someone behind me on the bus to sneeze and I've got "droplets" in my hair. Run my hand through my hair ... and voila! COVID-19.

Hence the reason why I'm planning to have some of it cut off in a few minutes and to wash it more frequently.

And in other news, more information has emerged about the 3rd person in Tas and she attended my campus on Monday. So it begins.

M in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Kiwibowler: In weight loss, slow and steady wins the race. In the story of the tortoise and the hare, we all know who wins the race. Stick with us and we’ll all eventually win. :bigsmile:

Kylia: I have to admit I was having a personal stress festival. Thanks for the input on my repeated posts. :flowerforyou:

Amber: Chucky Cheese seems to be taking proactive measures to keep their customers safe. I think that is admirable. :star:

I am an avid reader and use Library to Go to get most of my books. I turned in the last one when I finished it and can’t find anything to check out at the moment so I’m rereading books from my own shelves. These books are favorites that I have read before, but not recently.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

March 2020 Resolutions Progress report:

1. Log every bite and swallow: Doing very well with accurate logging.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week: Work on strength and stamina. I've been able to meet my exercise goals.
    3. Have fun every day: Unfortunately NOT every day. I've been locked in a stress festival.
    4. Drink at least 3 glasses of water a day: Done.
    5. Monitor sleep. Average 7 or more hours nightly: Done. Luckily I am sleeping well.
    6. Abstain from alcohol. Done.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    :) Taxes all finished. Accountant will file electronically as soon as she gets our signatures on the e file document. Yippee.

<3 Barbie
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    I just shared single injection idea with her grand daughter. So that way she can mention to Dr if MIL doesn't follow through with pills. She told my husband that she took it this morning and is due again at 930.

Michelle- if you go to progress where you add weight log in, it will show you the chart for week, month, year, or all. I know some features don't work on my tablet, some don't work on my phone. I have to log food on laptop or phone. I can read main page and community from tablet.

Today has been a stressful day, heading to bed with a sink full of dishes, clothes in the dryer, and bills to be paid. You know what? They will all be there tomorrow!

Sleep well ladies

Kylia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 8.09min, 130mhr, 11.5amph, 1.56mi= 59c
    apple watch- 67c
    Treadmill walk/incline-30min, 3.5sp 1st 10min 5incl, 2nd 10min, 3.5sp 10incl, 3rd 10min, 3.5-4.0sp 5incl then 10incl, 127mhr, 117ahr, 132mhr, 1.8mi= 212c
    apple watch- 222c
    bike ride gym 2 dome, windy- 5.38min, 126mhr, 15.6amph, 1.46mi= 41c
    apple watch- 52c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station, windy- 15.26min, 144mhr, 11.7amph, 3.02mi= 137c
    apple watch- 113c
    Jog sta 2 wrk- 5.17min, 9.46min mi, 151mhr, .54mi= 60c
    apple watch- 59c
    Jog wrk 2 sta- 5.17min, 9.46min mi, 148mhr, .54mi= 51c
    apple watch- 58c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 21.17min, 7.3amph, 136mhr, 2.57mi= 162c
    apple watch- 150c

total cal 722