The Great Toilet Paper Shortage of 2020

Options

Replies

• DecadeDuchess
    DecadeDuchess Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Receipt from CVS? That’s usually about as long as a regular roll of toilet paper anyway... not quite the mega rolls though.

Considering that Winter here's over, I don't need it as scarf now.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I walked into a store yesterday and walked out with toilet paper in hand, didn’t even have to do any elbow drops.

Where's the fun in that ??
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Thankfully I just bought a huge package at Target last week before the masses went on their panic TP-buying spree. I went to Kroger last night and they were wiped out and I wanted to punch everyone who bought TP in the face. Not because I needed TP (we'll be fine for several weeks), but because those people are stupid and deserve to be *kitten*-slapped.

On a positive note, maybe this will inspire people to do the Family Cloth, which can only help the environment, right?

You wanted to punch people who bought TP in the face? What if they needed it? :laugh:

I should have edited it to say only those people who are panic-buying all the TP and already have enough at home. They are the ones who deserve a punch in the face.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Just_Mel_ wrote: »
    So is this really not just a meme? I walked into a store yesterday and walked out with toilet paper in hand, didn’t even have to do any elbow drops. I mean i know there are shortages but is it as bad as people make it sound?

It's getting that way in my area (Oklahoma). Some stores had bare shelves, others were half empty. By the end of the weekend I expect most stores be out unless they receive new shipments.

I went to Kroger last night and the shelves were completely empty. There were a few flushable wipe packages left, but absolutely zero toilet paper.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    0ygd9vxhujga.png
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    So is this really not just a meme? I walked into a store yesterday and walked out with toilet paper in hand, didn’t even have to do any elbow drops. I mean i know there are shortages but is it as bad as people make it sound?

It probably depends on where you are. We just had our first cases on Wednesday 3/11 (3). We're up to 10 as of 3/13. I was driving to work and there were lines outside of Walmart, Target, and Costco waiting for them to open. Everyone is sold out here and it's sold out on Amazon as well.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    0ygd9vxhujga.png

Yup
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I have my peri bottle from giving birth. Uch.
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    s-l300.jpg

😆😆😆
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options

Shelves are empty here and have been for some time (and will be).
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    joey32411 wrote: »
    Bidets are coincidentally popping up everywhere for sale for dirt cheap on Amazon. (In all seriousness, though, that's going to be the next thing that will be in short supply, won't it?)

I don't understand that. It's not like you can easily install a bidet in your bathroom.

There is an adaptor that allows two water connections. Only problem is you are shooting cold water, not fun when it is normally under 50 degrees F coming from the well.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options

It's getting that way in my area (Oklahoma). Some stores had bare shelves, others were half empty. By the end of the weekend I expect most stores be out unless they receive new shipments.

I went to Kroger last night and the shelves were completely empty. There were a few flushable wipe packages left, but absolutely zero toilet paper.

Same here, but I went at 10am... 4 packs of flush-able wipes, about 6-7 2pks of paper towels, and some facial tissues. That's all. And they had restocked the TP around 8am.
    I'm going back next week at 8:30am, and getting some TP, damnit..... Hopefully there will still be something there.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Soup and pasta aisles are being cleaned out as well.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    Soup and pasta aisles are being cleaned out as well.

Along with cleaning supplies of most every kind.

I really don't understand why the pasta has been cleaned out.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    anybody know if their brand of TP is manufactured here in the US or?

Green Bay, WIsconsin
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    Receipt from CVS? That’s usually about as long as a regular roll of toilet paper anyway... not quite the mega rolls though.

Haha I'm a CVS regular, I'll be okay then lol
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    What will you use in lieu of TP if you can't get your hands on any during this crazy shortage?

3 seashells