Options

Replies

• kathsk53
    kathsk53 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    JFT
    Food sorted
    Dog walked
    Tried to shop, but shops sold out of most staples, no pasta no rice no long life milk no eggs. This is getting very silly, hope they can restock soon.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,210 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
    2020 Personal Discard Weight Challenge
    Name: Terri
    My plan is to weigh less at the end of each month than I did at the beginning
    SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
    GW: 147.1
    Jan: - 2
    Feb: - 1.3
    Sat 29 Feb: 148.8
    March:
    Week 1
    Sun 01: 148.6
    Mon 02: 148.9
    Tue 03: 148.8
    Wed 04: 148.6
    Thu 05: 148.4
    Fri 06: 148.5
    Sat 07: 148.2
    Week 2
    Sun 08: 148.6👀 I expect this will rise a little more with all the catered food at the birthday bash yesterday. Sodium/sugar overload.
    Mon 09: 148.9 👻
    Tue 10: 149.1
    Wed 11: 149.0
    Thu 12: 149.1
    Fri 13: 148.6🌷
    Sat 14:148.2🌷
    Sun 15:
    Mon 16:
    Tue 17:
    Wed 18:
    Thu 19:
    Fri 20:
    Sat 22:
    Sun 23:
    Mon 24:
    Tue 25:
    Wed 26:
    Thu 27:
    Fri 28:
    Sat 29:
    Sun 30:
    Mon 31:
    WFTY: DEPTH
    Depth Year - Updates
    I definitely have way too much stuff. I need to streamline my existence, resist adding more stuff, and start using what I have already got. I have been working towards doing this for several years with my decluttering. I need to stop the march of consumerism, and putting money into the pockets of other people by buying things I want rather than actually need.
    03 Jan: This is going to be way harder than I thought. Need to work out strategies and guidelines for what I can and cannot purchase.
    1. I have a stack of books which I haven't read. I will read one of those book a month, and not buy any more books this year. I will source any other books I want to read at the library.
    2. Book 1: The Illusionists - Rosie Thomas ✅
    3. Book 2: Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine, Gail Honeyman✅
    4. Book 3: Nothern Lights Ch 8
    5. I have closets full of clothes that no longer fit. I will work my way through them over the next two months, and either alter them to fit, or donate them to charity.
    6. 07 Jan: One bag already full and ready to go to the charity shop
    7. I have a lot of Craft supplies. I will optimise what I have before I buy any new supplies. Sticking to this one will be difficult.
    8. 07 Jan: Depth Year: I have Patchwork Craft this morning. I will pick out one of my ongoing projects and work on it to completion. No new projects until I have finished at least 3 ongoing ones.
    9. 14 Jan: Craft Group: working on patchwork project from last Tues.
    Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,500+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Live! Love! Learn!; 15 mins Daily Declutter session; keep up to date with chores

JFT Sat 14 Mar
    Daily Goals: 🌷
    Activities:
    • am: Local shopping🌷
    • Chores🌷
    • Deep clean kitchen/bathroom🌷
    • Crochet🌷
    • Pay credit card bills 🌷
    JFT Sun 15 Mar
    Daily Goals:
    Activities:
    • am: Gardening (weather permitting)
    • after lunch: visit DED and grandsons

It looks like our schools may be closing. I am cancelling my group meetings as many of our members are in the vulnerable seniors category.

Take care and Stay safe, my friends.
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited March 2020
    Options
    ☘️ St Patrick’s Day Challenge ☘️
    Starts on Monday 17 February
    Ends on Sunday 16 March (29 days)
    Earn one ☘️ for every day in the green. [/enter

Aubrette: (aubyshortcake)
    ☘☘☘☘☘️ (Feb 17,18,19,24,27)
    ☘️☘️☘☘☘☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️
    Mar: 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,10,11,12,

Terri: (TerriRichardson112)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ Feb: 17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️
    (Mar: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,

Gwen: (beachwalker)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 17,18,19,20,21,24,25,26,27,29
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️
    Mar: 1,2,3,6,13,

Hannah: (HEGoddard)
    ☘️ (Feb 26,
    ☘️ ☘️
    (Mar: 1,7,

Carmela: (cschmitz110515)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 17,18,19,21,25,27
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️
    Mar: 1,2,3,5,6,7,10,12,

Jennifer: (jeschepp)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 17,18,19,20,21,22,25,26,27
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️
    (Mar: 1,2,3,6,7,8,10,11,12,13,

Lisa: (SERmom3)
    ☘☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️
    (Feb 17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,
    ☘️☘️
    Mar: 2,10,

Jen: (withgoodfirm)
    (Feb

Joan: (mytime6630)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 17,18,19, 22,24,25,26
    ☘️☘️ (March 8,11

Tracie: (Snowflake1968)
    ☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 19,22,25

ZizzyBumble
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️
    (Feb 17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,29,
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️
    Mar: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,12,13,14,

Nikki: (pridesabtch)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 18,19,20,22,25,

Bookmeister
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 17,20,24,26,
    ☘️☘️☘️
    Mar: 2,4,9,

Please check that I haven’t missed any shamrocks.

Just to clarify things, being in the green means being under or at your calorie goal for the day.
    If you are under goal, you get a green figure, hence ‘in the green’. You decide your own calorie goal.

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    SERmom3 wrote: »
    I live just outside of Boston where there was a convention a couple weeks ago and people there have tested positive. My town is made up of people who commute daily on public transportation to the city. People in surrounding towns have tested positive and most likely it is here and we just don’t know it yet.

Everything in my life has been cancelled. School, church, chorus, sports. Even the library is closed for the next two weeks.

I’m a substitute teacher at my kid’s elementary school. We had school yesterday and it was so hard. There was so much uncertainty about the future. The high school was even worse. 30 teachers called out and the students knew that under a state of emergency their absences don’t count against them so they all walked out. By 11:00 they closed the high school. Finally around 2:00 yesterday they decided to close school for the next 2 weeks. I won’t be surprised if it goes on longer though. Boston public is closed until April 27th.

Today I am thankful that I’m stocked up on food and most supplies. I am thankful that I could afford to stock up. Im thankful that I can be home with my kids and not be worrying about child care. I’m thankful that authorities and local leaders are taking this seriously and making the hard decisions to close and cancel events.

On the bright side, with no school or activities planned I should have more time to exercise!

Stay healthy everyone. Take this seriously. If you can stock up you really should. We have empty shelves and lines that last more than an hour. 💕

Same here in my town of Cornelius NC...we got the call this evening about school being closed until further notice. Shelves empty of the food and household items that matter. People are price gouging, and because of fear and supply and demand, people aren't reporting it they are paying the price.... Traffic is so light now that what used to take me 10 minutes to pull onto the main road, it's a breeze now. The store we went to today only had a handful of employees at the checkouts.
    Like you, I'm thankful to have something rather than nothing. I'm on the lower class scale financially because I'm unemployed, but I'm blessed to live with family members. Which makes my heart go out all the more to shelters and food banks, the elderly, and those who are already sick. I'm counting every blessing and praying all the more.
    Hugs and prayers my new friend. Stay as safe as possible.
    Love to you and yours.
  • asthesoapturns
    asthesoapturns Posts: 313 Member
    Options

JFT Sat

Log food <3
    Stay green <3
    Clean <3
    Breath <3

I didn't do as much cleaning as planned, just a bit of the kitchen. Mom and Dad needed some tech help and I'm their IT person so I came over, took care of that, did laundry, and cooked dinner for everyone. Life continues.

JFT Sun

Log food
    Stay green
    Clean
    Make work lunches
    Either cardio or strength training
  • kathsk53
    kathsk53 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    morning all

JFT
    Log all food
    Take dog for a walk
    Do something creative to keep me out of the kitchen.
    Plan next weeks meals to see what shopping I need.(that’s if I can find stuff in the shops)

Have a great Sunday everyone
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,079 Member
    Options
    kathsk53 wrote: »
    JFT
    Food sorted
    Dog walked
    Tried to shop, but shops sold out of most staples, no pasta no rice no long life milk no eggs. This is getting very silly, hope they can restock soon.

Same here, they didn't have nappies yesterday. I begged the woman to check the stock room and she found 3 packs left! So we just bought 2 of them!
    So now I am panicking more than normal because nappies are an absolute essential in our house lmao, they prioritise over everything haha
    "Wash Your Hands Roger" was a line from an old commercial. Mothers have been telling their children this for years. When did we stop? Or did we stop? Soap and water has always been a part of hygiene. Sneezing into a hanky was always considered lady like. Covering your mouth when you feel a cough coming on was the natural way. Sooo what's going on? This VIRUS IS NOT NEW. That's the first thing everyone should be aware of. REMEMBER THE ADVICE TO READ BETWEEN THE LINES...AND READ YOUR LABLES.
    READ THE BACK OF YOUR LYSOL SPRAY CANS. The Coronivirus is listed on there as something the spray is good for. I'M JUST SAYING. Calm down people. Panic and fear only leads to foolish destruction and costly mistakes. Think before you spend. Be wise and open your ears and eyes. Is there a little history repeating itself? Or is it an awakening to how we're so caught up in doing that we've forgotten how to BE. The Family Unity needs to be restored. We've been about making and spending money for far too long. We (Mankind) are the ones that make the products and problems we end up becoming overwhelmed by. Most of the things in this world that are wrong can be fixed...but one of the problems is that there are so many people, before we can rally everyone together to get them calmed down to listen, the ones that haven't been reached to get them the message to calm down, impatience has relit the fuse to chaos again. IJS.
    Take precautions, Take care of yourselves, and your families. Forgive quickly and as often as needed. Let go of grudges, and things that don't matter. Regain FOCUS!
    A sound mind brings about quicker answers than a chaotic mind.
    Love you to Life,
    Your Friend, MARY❤

How weird, our Dettol products claim to kill coronavirus but it was highlighted that even though it says it's kills the virus it's actually not true?
    I thought maybe COVID-19 was a "new" strain so therefore resistant
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Saturday went about as I expected long day at work. Late dinner and no time too workout.
    Thanks To some stress eating a bowl of m&ms I was barely green and that’s assuming I calculated correctly. I’m calling it a bust because 1 ate so late and don’t like to eat anything after 7 and 2. M&ms ...bad choice on a day I also wasn’t working out

Sunday goals
    Stay green
    Doubt I’ll get a chance to work out but if so shoot for 500 calorie net neg
    No m&ms
    No booze or beer
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    JFT SUNDAY:
    - Dishes
    - Catch up on laundry
    - Make a school plan for the kids
    - Practice some music
    - Read
    - Log every bite
    - Exercise

I went to the grocery store right after it opened this morning. I just needed a few things and toilet paper. It was busy, but I got in and out pretty quickly. Yesterday my husband and I organized the food stock and got it off the basement floor. We’ve got a history of water in there in the spring. I feel better knowing I have everything in order as much as possible. Bet of luck to everyone as we navigate this new normal.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Sunday 15 March

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Sunday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review plans.
    2. Grading: Research essays, classwork. Finish book and update Goodreads.
    3. Bike shopping.
    4. Rock City.
    5. Run - aiming for 8 miles.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Read. Update Goodreads. Yoga with core/balance work. Email B. Email student. Message Z.
    8. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    9. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Monday - Vocab Week 4. Challenge book 2 discussion Friday; update due Monday. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of January: 194.6
    End of February: 196.2
    Today: 197.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: 1984.
    8. House: Crawl space repairs. After that - siding? Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Find cousin photos.

WFTY: Progress. Bike shop opens at 1. I think after that, Rock City, and then my long run. That means grinding through my grading this morning.
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Quick goals, so I can get out in the sunshine. Catch up with you all later B)

Goals for Saturday, March 14, 2020
    • Complete food log and maintain a calorie deficit - √
    • Walk outdoors 30+ min - √
    • Check in with family - √
    • Laundry – X
    • Clean bathrooms – X
    • Update LMS/email – X
    • Work on spring “to do” lists – 50%
    • Bed by midnight – almost! 18 min. late

JFT Goals for Sunday, March 15, 2020
    • Complete food log and maintain a calorie deficit
    • Walk outdoors 30+ min
    • Check in with family
    • Do at least one thing on my “to do” list
    • Bed by midnight
  • asthesoapturns
    asthesoapturns Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    kathsk53 wrote: »
    JFT
    Food sorted
    Dog walked

Same here, they didn't have nappies yesterday. I begged the woman to check the stock room and she found 3 packs left! So we just bought 2 of them!
    So now I am panicking more than normal because nappies are an absolute essential in our house lmao, they prioritise over everything haha
    "Wash Your Hands Roger" was a line from an old commercial. Mothers have been telling their children this for years. When did we stop? Or did we stop? Soap and water has always been a part of hygiene. Sneezing into a hanky was always considered lady like. Covering your mouth when you feel a cough coming on was the natural way. Sooo what's going on? This VIRUS IS NOT NEW. That's the first thing everyone should be aware of. REMEMBER THE ADVICE TO READ BETWEEN THE LINES...AND READ YOUR LABLES.
    READ THE BACK OF YOUR LYSOL SPRAY CANS. The Coronivirus is listed on there as something the spray is good for. I'M JUST SAYING. Calm down people. Panic and fear only leads to foolish destruction and costly mistakes. Think before you spend. Be wise and open your ears and eyes. Is there a little history repeating itself? Or is it an awakening to how we're so caught up in doing that we've forgotten how to BE. The Family Unity needs to be restored. We've been about making and spending money for far too long. We (Mankind) are the ones that make the products and problems we end up becoming overwhelmed by. Most of the things in this world that are wrong can be fixed...but one of the problems is that there are so many people, before we can rally everyone together to get them calmed down to listen, the ones that haven't been reached to get them the message to calm down, impatience has relit the fuse to chaos again. IJS.
    Take precautions, Take care of yourselves, and your families. Forgive quickly and as often as needed. Let go of grudges, and things that don't matter. Regain FOCUS!
    A sound mind brings about quicker answers than a chaotic mind.
    Love you to Life,
    Your Friend, MARY❤

How weird, our Dettol products claim to kill coronavirus but it was highlighted that even though it says it's kills the virus it's actually not true?
    I thought maybe COVID-19 was a "new" strain so therefore resistant

Coronaviruses are a type of virus. That's why the medical community dubbed this corona virus as Covid 19.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Sunday 15 March

Log :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Water :)
    Fitbit exercise goals :)

@TerriRichardson112 ☘️Please. Thank you
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited March 2020
    Options
    ☘️ St Patrick’s Day Challenge ☘️
    Starts on Monday 17 February
    Ends on Sunday 16 March (29 days)
    Earn one ☘️ for every day in the green. [/enter

Aubrette: (aubyshortcake)
    ☘☘☘☘☘️ (Feb 17,18,19,24,27)
    ☘️☘️☘☘☘☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️
    Mar: 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,10,11,12,

Terri: (TerriRichardson112)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ Feb: 17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️
    (Mar: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,

Gwen: (beachwalker)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 17,18,19,20,21,24,25,26,27,29
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️
    Mar: 1,2,3,6,13,

Hannah: (HEGoddard)
    ☘️ (Feb 26,
    ☘️ ☘️
    (Mar: 1,7,

Carmela: (cschmitz110515)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 17,18,19,21,25,27
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️
    Mar: 1,2,3,5,6,7,10,12,

Jennifer: (jeschepp)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 17,18,19,20,21,22,25,26,27
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️
    (Mar: 1,2,3,6,7,8,10,11,12,13,

Lisa: (SERmom3)
    ☘☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️
    (Feb 17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,
    ☘️☘️
    Mar: 2,10,

Jen: (withgoodfirm)
    (Feb

Joan: (mytime6630)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 17,18,19, 22,24,25,26
    ☘️☘️ (March 8,11

Tracie: (Snowflake1968)
    ☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 19,22,25

ZizzyBumble
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️
    (Feb 17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,29,
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️
    Mar: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,12,13,14,15,

Nikki: (pridesabtch)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 18,19,20,22,25,

Bookmeister
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 17,20,24,26,
    ☘️☘️☘️
    Mar: 2,4,9,

Please check that I haven’t missed any shamrocks.

Just to clarify things, being in the green means being under or at your calorie goal for the day.
    If you are under goal, you get a green figure, hence ‘in the green’. You decide your own calorie goal.