Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Options

Replies

• tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    Something I’m listening to just said to women,
    “Your so-called flaws or imperfections are what make you beautiful and unique.” And also...
    “Men fall in love with you for what you perceive to be your flaws or insecurities, not in spite of them.”
    She doesn’t specify physical or otherwise. I can see this to a point but...it can’t be ALL flaws. Do you think this statement is way too broad like I do?

It's broad in a way.... but sometimes what we see as flaws, others see as a perfect fit for their own personality.
    In that sense, yes, someone can fall in love with someone else's flaws/insecurities.

Also, I had an ex tell me (this was back in 1999) "perfection is in the imperfections." This has always stuck with me. It was the first time I had ever heard that.

So yeah, could be a broad statement, but I see truth in it. Have you ever loved something about someone that they didn't like about themselves?
    One of those "if only you saw yourself the way I do" moments.... 😊
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    ladies of mfp-

when the last time you said "i had a good guy but i messed everything up"

fellas of mfp-

same question only gender reverse obvi

Never.
    I have zero regrets with all my breakups.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    ladies of mfp-

fellas of mfp-

Never.

I've only ever dated good guys (other than one narcissistic dude) but just because they"re "good" doesn't make them the right guy for me.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    ladies of mfp-

fellas of mfp-

Never.

I've only ever dated good guys (other than one narcissistic dude) but just because they"re "good" doesn't make them the right guy for me.

yes
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    Guys/Girls

If someone you're not interested in romantically keeps sending you selfies of themselves, what do you do? Should the person ask if it's okay to send you selfies first?

They don't have to ask me... I think most people are just afraid to, for varying reasons and I totally get that...

What do I do if they are unwanted...

I will always be nice and compliment and say nice things... Is this disingenuous, maybe but sometimes there are just more important things then being genuine... For me anyway..

Adding... But it's different for guys for sure...
    Women definitely need to be a bit more, or rather a lot more cautious with whom they associate...

Some guys just can't take a hint...
    I try to never be one of them lol

Tl;dr..... yet....
    But I know whatever you said is all sorts of cute. 😍😘

Oh it was just me going on and on about how I'm dying for your selfies 😉...
    Guys/Girls

If someone you're not interested in romantically keeps sending you selfies of themselves, what do you do? Should the person ask if it's okay to send you selfies first?

Depends on the type of selfies and if they are texting as well...
    But if the person is just sending a selfie here and there, just a friendly one, I don't think its a big deal. Its not like I have to send any back. And if I don't want them to send any, I would just say so. 🤷‍♀️

But if the person knows there is no interest and is sending somewhat inappropriate selfies and messages, then I would say something. Or just block. 🤷‍♀️ If I don't want to deal with any possible conflict that may come from speaking up, I just block and end things. But I am a very non confrontational person..... 😬🙈

Tldr... Yet...

But I can tell by the emoji use that your answer is *kitten* adorable 😂

Just saying I'm still waiting for your selfie pics. 😘

My... What a coincidence 🤷🏽‍♂️😏
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,031 Member
    Options
    “Your so-called flaws or imperfections are what make you beautiful and unique.” And also...
    “Men fall in love with you for what you perceive to be your flaws or insecurities, not in spite of them.”
    She doesn’t specify physical or otherwise. I can see this to a point but...it can’t be ALL flaws. Do you think this statement is way too broad like I do?

It may be too broad

If it helps I think the things I’m drawn to in men are also the things that make me want to strangle them.

It's broad in a way.... but sometimes what we see as flaws, others see as a perfect fit for their own personality.
    In that sense, yes, someone can fall in love with someone else's flaws/insecurities.

Also, I had an ex tell me (this was back in 1999) "perfection is in the imperfections." This has always stuck with me. It was the first time I had ever heard that.

So yeah, could be a broad statement, but I see truth in it. Have you ever loved something about someone that they didn't like about themselves?
    One of those "if only you saw yourself the way I do" moments.... 😊

Those make sense. I would never like someone who seemed “perfect”. Whatever that is. Sometimes I take things way too literally. Like I think.....there’s no way me leaving my crap all over the bathroom counter is going to benefit anyone here. Or my absentmindedness is going to be seen as an asset. Lol. But I definitely do find beauty in people’s imperfections.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options

Some people will endear you for your flaws, others will be annoyed by them... It's all about chemistry and the life experience that the subjects have had apart from each other that determines which it will be...

So yeah it's true... Some people will fall in love with you for those unique imperfections, but that doesn't mean everyone will 🤷🏽‍♂️
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    ladies of mfp-

fellas of mfp-

Hasn’t happened to me.
  • Abs_magee89
    Abs_magee89 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    ladies of mfp-

fellas of mfp-

Never.

💯 plenty of really great guys out there who just aren’t compatible, and that’s okay. No one should feel like they have to stay with someone they don’t love just because they are a good person. That’s not enough.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    ladies of mfp-

fellas of mfp-

I only regret one breakup, but it was right for me at the time

For me its more like "he might have been a good guy - but I didn't give him a chance"
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    ladies of mfp-

Take this in the most non-toxic way possible, but this is not plausible for me. I'm currently in the process of finding the last love of my life. I won't *kitten* it up. Neither will he lol
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    ladies of mfp-

fellas of mfp-

Same question back atcha
  • GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    ladies of mfp-

fellas of mfp-

Any time a relationship has ended i could always see why that was for the best. Sometimes not til 5 years later but i don’t feel like my one true love is out wandering around after i let him slip through my fingers or anything

Course i get bored easily so