How Has the Coronavirus Affected You?

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    I'm finding myself on mfp wayyyy too much these past. 2 days 😅

Same. But I’m wondering about everyone else. If they’re all forced to be at home with their irl spouses, what happens to all the mfp husbands and wives?

Good question. Also, not all of us have an MFP spouse, :lol:.
  • KosmosKitten
    Husband's work called and told them all to stay home for the week. This is a military installation, btw. I've lived through tornadoes, snow storms, Fukashima and other natural disasters on military bases. NEVER have they requested the active duty to stay home indoors. They usually still have to go to work.

Now I am super glad I followed my instinct to buy some more grocery stables since there will be three of us eating from home for at least a week, if not more.

People already rage-flipped my Monopoly bored when the game didn't go their way. My 8 year old caught onto the game quite quickly, which is somewhat alarming.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    This whole thing is making us see the negative side of humanity. Fear and panic are causing typically “good” humans to act selfish and greedy by hoarding everything. We need to check ourselves and attempt to be rational.

This. It's not the virus that worries me it's people's behavior.

trooth.

Look at the numbers of infected vs. recovered vs. number of deaths:

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Then compare that to the (over)reaction of those hoarding supplies.

Then take that behavior, and then magnify it if this thing continues to track south.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    This whole thing is making us see the negative side of humanity. Fear and panic are causing typically “good” humans to act selfish and greedy by hoarding everything. We need to check ourselves and attempt to be rational.

100%

I get it's scary, but if you are to become infected and really sick 2-3 weeks worth of rations is all you should need.

The hoarding needs to stop.

And people need to self isolate as best they can - it's in everyones best interest.

Side note: I hate that I don't get sick days at my work, and I need my paycheque - as do most people. My coworkers always come to work when they are sick. This is a big problem too.

Yeah, I definitely don’t have 2-3 weeks worth of toilet paper for my family
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Kosmos Kitten- Yeah I knew something was wrong when the Governor told my city in Texas to stay home told my Daughter that same day a month ago her California Navy Base locked down she was told no one can go off base at all for anything. Only use what’s on base. I knew it was bad when I heard even the Base was staying indoors!
  • TwitchyMacGee
    iMago wrote: »

100%

I get it's scary, but if you are to become infected and really sick 2-3 weeks worth of rations is all you should need.

And people need to self isolate as best they can - it's in everyones best interest.

Side note: I hate that I don't get sick days at my work, and I need my paycheque - as do most people. My coworkers always come to work when they are sick. This is a big problem too.

you may not, but i bet with a quick trip over to your closest neighbors house in the cover of darkness with a bump key and you *could* have 2-3 weeks worth

*googling bump key*

Oh yeah! My middle boy got a lock picking kit a couple years ago. 😁
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member

100%

you may not, but i bet with a quick trip over to your closest neighbors house in the cover of darkness with a bump key and you *could* have 2-3 weeks worth

*googling bump key*

you actually need a few of 'em. one for each of the various types of locks out there. but you can just make 'em yourself with an old key or a blank and a couple of good files

5vbcu9rv73cy.gif
  • TwitchyMacGee

100%

*googling bump key*

you actually need a few of 'em. one for each of the various types of locks out there. but you can just make 'em yourself with an old key or a blank and a couple of good files

5vbcu9rv73cy.gif

You’re fun. I would l like to be your sidekick in a series of adventures. ❤️
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member

Maybe. I think a lot of those selfish and greedy hoarders are typically jerks anyway, not necessarily typically "good" humans normally. Most people I see are behaving nicely, only taking what they need, acting friendly. Maybe I just live in a friendlier area? It's a fairly diverse, blue collar to middle class California town. Maybe we just see what we want to see? Sad it's getting so crazy some places. Hope cooler heads prevail. B)
  • KosmosKitten
    Kosmos Kitten- Yeah I knew something was wrong when the Governor told my city in Texas to stay home told my Daughter that same day a month ago her California Navy Base locked down she was told no one can go off base at all for anything. Only use what’s on base. I knew it was bad when I heard even the Base was staying indoors!

So far, we're still allowed to come and go from base, but most of the stores here are devoid of anything that people are looking for (hygiene products, meat, rice, noodles, shelf-stable foods that aren't vegetables, soda, etc.) And the store on base is very, very small. There is no way it could sustain the population of those of us on base if they put us on lock down.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member

100%

*googling bump key*

5vbcu9rv73cy.gif

You’re fun. I would l like to be your sidekick in a series of adventures. ❤️

Right?!

Guy knows stuff, useful stuff too

totally gonna follow post apocalypta

(like on foot - post internet)
  • KosmosKitten
    I'm finding myself on mfp wayyyy too much these past. 2 days 😅

Same. But I’m wondering about everyone else. If they’re all forced to be at home with their irl spouses, what happens to all the mfp husbands and wives?

Good question. Also, not all of us have an MFP spouse, :lol:.

So you’re available?😃

Perhaps. ;)
  • chxng
    chxng Posts: 1 Member
    Everyone is cancelling freelance work, losing/delayed money...
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    If I go out today it will be to buy more chickens* because I didn’t have enough money with me yesterday to get as many as I wanted. I’ll also get a few more bags of food for them. I suppose I should figure out how to sustainably feed my flock without buying in.

*and to look for toilet paper.
    Please post a pic of your chickens ❤️
    One of my new ducklings from yesterday
    pj3ssy3147ht.jpeg

So adorable! 😍❤️
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    edited March 2020
    Can't complain, cuz I'm fine, with a fully stocked fridge/freezer/pantry. I am, however, in the process of interviewing & it's been a ghost town of late. With no job, I can hold on until the end of April, if necessary... but, maybe it's a good time to be indoors & not have to go into crowded office bldgs.

It's affected everyone in some way. I'm trying to be thankful, rather than complain, cuz I'm comfortable, healthy & hanging in there. I'm utilizing the downtime to do lots of exercise.