How Has the Coronavirus Affected You?

Options

Replies

• AquaMeow
    AquaMeow Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm finding myself on mfp wayyyy too much these past. 2 days 😅

Same. But I’m wondering about everyone else. If they’re all forced to be at home with their irl spouses, what happens to all the mfp husbands and wives?

Good question. Also, not all of us have an MFP spouse, :lol:.

So you’re available?😃

Yup exactly lol
  • AquaMeow
    AquaMeow Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Will anyone be traveling or is everyone just going to stay indoors for 2 weeks +?
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    AquaMeow wrote: »
    Will anyone be traveling or is everyone just going to stay indoors for 2 weeks +?

I'm staying inside. Nothing to do around here and travelling is too risky imo
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options

I am still expected at work.
  • M0n1KCR
    M0n1KCR Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    M0n1KCR wrote: »
    I'm in Spain. We are officially in lockdown for 14 days, starting today.

@M0n1KCR since you’re so close to Portugal... anything happening there??
    I have a trip coming up.

In Portugal they are "in alert": schools, theatres, cinemas, museums, discos... closed. Restaurants and malls limit the people inside, cruise passengers can't leave the boat. People are encouraged to telework as much as possible, and many people won't go to work to look after the children. People have been advised to be home as much as possible, but it's still not compulsory.

This is how we started; in fact many shops decided to close before the lock-down, both to protect their customers and employees, and because the sales were dropping. Now, only supermarkets and pharmacies are open to the public. The situation is not so difficult in Portugal yet, but it might be. I would postpone the trip, if at all possible.
  • mi_nina_lola
    mi_nina_lola Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    i've been reading more and listening to online lectures *insert glasses wearing nerd girl here*
  • mi_nina_lola
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    This whole thing is making us see the negative side of humanity. Fear and panic are causing typically “good” humans to act selfish and greedy by hoarding everything. We need to check ourselves and attempt to be rational.

This is now a full-fledged crisis.

Our local market is sold out of both Brie and Perrier.

it was me :# bring your canned pears over. i still have a can opener or two
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Well I was about to start a new job. I’m hoping it didn’t put a hiring freeze right before it was finalized.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    So far, very lucky that our income and childcare is currently not affected. It's also been nice weather and the time of year I get excited to spend more time with my horse and gardening, so not much impact on my typical spring lifestyle.

I really feel for the families and businesses that are being hit hard by this, we are very, very lucky thus far.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,525 Member
    Options
    All schools shut down for 4 weeks (I work as a yard duty part time). Several of my clients have cancelled or have been told NOT to come to the gym (since many of my clients are seniors). My DW has to telecommute from home. My gym is still open, but one big one just recently got shut down till the end of March in our town. For me, I've just had to treat it like the flu and keep distance and wash hands often and when I get home, I clean up and dump all my clothes in the hamper.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    It is crazy to read all of your comments regarding sensible preventative measures. In the UK we just have to keep washing our hands and hoping for the best! The University I work at has allowed undergrads to stay home but staff and postgrads have to keep on trucking. Oh well. Fortunately I can wfh 3 days a week.

On a personal level I feel relatively unaffected. It has been difficult to buy basic things, but that is something we are all dealing with. I still have food, water, a roof over my head etc so can count my blessings. My concerns are with the elderly - I know my Grandma is struggling and I can't go near her as I have been in London. That is hard.
  • mi_nina_lola
    Options
    Rhiwills76 wrote: »
    Unable to get ibuprofen for horrific period pain and don't understand why the shelves are cleared of these as can't take them if have covid 19!!!
    Also starting to worry about my mum who has copd and is 65,she on the other hand has just gone on a weekend break mixing with hundreds of people!!!!!!

you can try raspberry leaf tea for cramps. it's available at health food stores. i know people who have used it with success
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Traffic was light this morning..

got to work.. one employee was told to go home. course she didn't follow the company's email last week.. (she has a cold).

It's simple really .. if youre sick..stay home period .

🤦‍♂️
  • Abs_magee89
    Abs_magee89 Posts: 127 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    We ended up spending way more on groceries than we wanted to because the shelves were almost empty and we can’t run out of the things we need. Bought a bucket and rags for emergency TP just in case. Both my school and my daughter’s school will be closed until March 30. My school will continue online after that. (Anatomy and physiology and drawing 101) My gym has been pretty empty which I like.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options

We've all been strongly advised and encouraged to not travel during the immediate two weeks, however, we will have no choice after April as there is a bit of travel required for my husband's job and we all need to attend since it concerns all of us and where we go after here.

The mayor of our city put us in a state of emergency. Stores are empty. It's starting to look like a slightly more cheerful version of a George Romero film out here.

Stores are now on limited hours, non-essential personnel at the base where I live have been told to stay at home and engage in social distancing. Most of the shops on base as well as off are on limited hours, most of the fast-food places are in "drive-through only" mode.
  • kindalikevelma
    kindalikevelma Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I am 100% remote so my work life is unaffected. My son is home from school for at least 3 weeks, which I don’t see as a bad thing. It’s an opportunity to spend time together, help him with some of the schoolwork, and learn creatively. I haven’t really been out to the stores, but hear they are relatively low on supplies. I’m someone who generally has a running supply of “extra” so I’m ok. Staying in and riding this thing out. Feeling fortunate that I am currently unaffected, and also compassionate for those who are affected to a higher degree.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    The governor just closed all gyms at 8pm tonight, so now I need to figure out a new program that is going to work at my home.