How Has the Coronavirus Affected You?

Options

Replies

• lauragreenbaum
    lauragreenbaum Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Financially- terrible. I'm in the meetings & events industry and when my clients' meetings cancel I don't get paid. Since many have canceled I've taken a huge loss. It's pretty devastating. I'm still going to Pilates class until they start canceling them. Still taking my dog for long walks and going out in public for as long as they'll let us.
  • eva_letsdance
    eva_letsdance Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    My son is home for the next three weeks so that will be fun. The local gym is closed so going for walks and hikes with my son and doing zumba at home instead of at the gym. I have a lot of close friends and family in Europe, I hope they will be ok. If someone coughs at work, we all hold our breaths...ok, not really. Otherwise, hoping it will dissipate with time. Also hoping ppl will stop hoarding in grocery stores and leave for the rest that needs it too! 😳
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    The Washington governor just announced that many more services/retail are being shut down - like hair salons, food courts, theaters, bowling alleys, etc.. And I really need to get my hair cut and had an appointment tomorrow!

I just figure it is a minor inconvenience for me and better than getting sick or making someone sick.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    This whole thing is making us see the negative side of humanity. Fear and panic are causing typically “good” humans to act selfish and greedy by hoarding everything. We need to check ourselves and attempt to be rational.

This. It's not the virus that worries me it's people's behavior.

100%

I get it's scary, but if you are to become infected and really sick 2-3 weeks worth of rations is all you should need.

The hoarding needs to stop.

And people need to self isolate as best they can - it's in everyones best interest.

Side note: I hate that I don't get sick days at my work, and I need my paycheque - as do most people. My coworkers always come to work when they are sick. This is a big problem too.

Yeah, I definitely don’t have 2-3 weeks worth of toilet paper for my family

Take a shower 🤷🏻‍♂️

Time for the Family Cloth!
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »
    The Washington governor just announced that many more services/retail are being shut down - like hair salons, food courts, theaters, bowling alleys, etc.. And I really need to get my hair cut and had an appointment tomorrow!

I just figure it is a minor inconvenience for me and better than getting sick or making someone sick.

I need to get mine cut as well. But, didn't realize the ban included barbers/salons as well.

Might just be the push to go back to shaving my head...
  • that_night_in_paris
    that_night_in_paris Posts: 457 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    my grocery store was cleaned out :(

had to settle for gluten free spaghetti-o's, imitation la croix, and instant rice (but its some weird coconut jasmine flavor)

its funny how no one touches the meat alternative stuff even during a pandemic. so I bought some boca sausages as well.

this is gonna be me in 2 weeks

68e71c6728eed4cff266a31bbb430869--david-lean-oliver-twist.jpg
  • GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »

I consider this to be a worthwhile use of one's free time. A++
  • GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    President Trump has announced stricter cdc guidelines.. no discretionary travel, school at home wherever possible, and no gatherings exceeding ten people
  • scottiam543
    scottiam543 Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    What about the workplace smh
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I cancelled my trip to Rome and my Recreation Center closed today, so no more swimming or weight machines.
    Since these are the biggest of my problems, I'm truly blessed and pray for those less fortunate.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

It depends on the occupation, right?

Some folks will be deemed essential..... the rest of us, not so much.

A lot of folks are going to get hit hard by this.

If someone is a non-essential employee and they are living paycheck to paycheck, it's going to be rough, for sure.

• that_night_in_paris
    that_night_in_paris Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

If someone is a non-essential employee and they are living paycheck to paycheck, it's going to be rough, for sure.
    I don't think I could handle being called non-essential

It goes way deeper than a paystub :(
  • Motorsheen
    Options

non-essential ?

...... it's my comfort zone, it damn sure is.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »

non-essential ?

...... it's my comfort zone, it damn sure is.
    non-essential is definitely more of a comfort zone, I would not handle the anxiety of being an essential component (or maybe being in the situation is different than what it may seem)

I was once essential.

I prefer non-essential; there's less responsibility.