Team Nanoose-September Tribal Challenge (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• babybluz33
    babybluz33 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    It looks like the same people are checking in on here....how's everyone else doing? Any questions or trouble with anything? Keep up the good work!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I was under calorie and got all my water in yesterday too. I have no idea what to do about not being here to check in on Sunday... I'll be back Monday, but maybe not until late. I'm leaving later today than I thought, so that's kind of good (for my workout!).
    Also, my dog does NOT like bear walking at all...he was flipping out. It was hilarious!
    :laugh:

scantrll + rtalencar... Great calorie control! That's really impressive given both of your circumstances.
  • babybluz33
    Options
    Hey Team! Gary has posted next week's challenges but in order to not confuse everyone I will wait until tomorrow to post them here in the forum.

He has started a blog, so you can feel free to check out the challenges ahead of time here: http://mfpchallenges.blogspot.com/

Videos of all of the exercises (he'll add to it as the challenge goes on) are here: http://mfpchallenges.blogspot.com/2011/09/september-exercise-video-links.html

We're already stepping it up next week, so get ready!!
  • ZannahDia
    Options
    Finished day 2 of the bushman workout this afternoon :D Been really good on my calories, and I'm hoping to get some more exercise in later tonight :) Hope everyone is having a great day!
  • babybluz33
    Options
    Good job ZannahDia!!

I finished Day 2 of the pygmy workout, plus 150 crunches and a bunch of cardio. I've also been under calories and over water both days so far.

Keep up the good work everyone, and remember to post to the forum! One more day and then you get a day off!!!!
  • tanisha1990
    Options
    finished day 2 of pygmy challenge plus under my cal intake along with lots and lots of water
    sounds like evryone is doing great so keep all the good work up x
  • Bre_Deveraux
    Options
    quick check in , i am doin the bushmen challenges
    i completed them yesterday and i am updating my info now to make sure i was under my calorie goal
  • babybluz33
    Options
    I hope everyone is doing well. Remember tomorrow is check-in. Please get me your current weight, # of days the daily challenge was completed, # of days the weekly team challenge was completed, and if you did the mini challenge (3 min bear walk) by tomorrow night.

The next two posts will have the challenges for next week. Remember these can also be found at http://mfpchallenges.blogspot.com
  • babybluz33
    Options
    WEEK 2 –PYGMY SERIES (Beginner)

Week Two Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
    members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
    Points.

Welcome to Week 2 you are the PYGYMY TRIBE it’s time to push yourself! Make modifications as
    necessary and use water bottles, soup cans or my favorite Tomato Juice cans as weights! They really do work!

Day 1 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run

Day 2 – 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 3 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run

Day 4 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 5 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run

Day 6 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVED IT! BTW If you did all the walking congratulations you completed 4.5 miles. A 5k is only 3.1 Still sure you can’t do a 5K? Next week we’re going to see!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week Two Weekly Team Challenge

Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog an extra mile this week. (This is a mile above days 1, 3, 5) IF you choose you would 1 mile for daily and 1 mile for weekly on days 1,3,5. For each day you do an extra mile your team will get an additional bonus point. 1 point per day per participant)

IF YOU ARE FEELING TIRED AND SORE THAT IS TERRIFIC! THAT MEANS THAT WEAKNESS IS LEAVING

YOUR BODY AND YOU ARE GETTING STRONGER! IF YOU FEEL NOTHING THEN YOU EITHER NEED TO INCREASE YOUR RATE OR WEIGHT OR MOVE TO BUSHMEN!

Keep going strong!

Let me know if you have any questions. Video can be found at http://mfpchallenges.blogspot.com/2011/09/september-exercise-video-links.html
  • babybluz33
    Options
    SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 2 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)

Week TWO Daily Exercise Challenge

Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
    members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
    Points.

Welcome to Week 2 you are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself! Make sure you begin each exercise challenge with a 4 minute tabata workout.

Day 1 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 2 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 3 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 5 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 6 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVE IT! Week 3 we’re are stepping it up to another level! BE PSYCHED!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week Two Weekly Team Challenge
    Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog a 5K this week. For each day you do a 5K (3.1 miles your team will get an additional bonus point. 1 point per day per participant)

Again, let me know if you have any questions. As in the previous post, videos can be found at http://mfpchallenges.blogspot.com/2011/09/september-exercise-video-links.html
  • scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have completed all the exercises for this short week. :) Woohoo! And I have been within my calorie goals everyday even tho I'm out of town eating out everyday! I am rocking this this week.
  • tanisha1990
    Options
    so its the end of the week and was just wondering how everyone got on with all the challenges?? x
  • babybluz33
    Options
    so its the end of the week and was just wondering how everyone got on with all the challenges?? x

I'm wondering the same thing...how's everyone doing?? I was able to complete all of the pygmy and team challenges this week and do the mini challenge. This upcoming week is going to be a little tougher, but we can do it!!!

Don't forget to get me your check-in information, if you haven't done so already!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I was unable to finish what I needed on Saturday, I got $*&^ed over at my dojo and had to help rather than doing the exercises like I had planned. I think in the future I'm going to double up on the activities and do them during the week so that I don't have to rely on getting things done on the weekend.

I did the dailies for Thursday and Friday but missed Saturday. =(

I stayed within my calories and drank enough water to Thursday through Saturday

I did not finish the Bear walk challenge. =(

I lost 1.3 pounds from my last weigh-in.
  • babybluz33
    Options
    Hey everyone, Check-in was yesterday and I'm still missing info from 3 people: Ashley26704, Bens_mommy, and Steph_135. Please get these to me ASAP as I need to turn in our points to Gary. (Also, I'd like to post our progress).

I can't stress enough how important it is to get me your info, and ALL of your info, on time. Please when you check in, send me a private message on MFP including the following:

Current Weight (NOT lbs lost)
    Daily: # of days completed
    Weekly: # of days completed
    MIni: if completed or not

You don't have to put it in that format but it must include all 4 of those numbers!!! Several of you only said that you completed the challenge, so I"m not sure if that means just the daily ones, just the weekly/team one, both, or does that include the mini challenge. Please send me a message with all of that info specified separately.

I don't mean to be a pain, but it's a lot easier to track that way and I won't have to send everyone individual messages asking!

Thanks! Michele
  • babybluz33
    Options
    I finished the challenges for today, including an extra 1.5 miles! How's everyone else doing?
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I'm BACK!! Sooo sorry! But I said ahead of time that I would be late.

Current Weight (NOT lbs lost) 182
    Daily: 4/4 days completed (the workouts)
    Weekly: 3/4 days completed (the water/calorie challenge)
    MIni: No

Got back yesterday, so that will be my "Sunday" I'll make up for Monday on Sunday!

PS - I lost 5.2 lbs!! It's gotta be mostly water, since I didn't get my adequate water on a day when I was sweating buckets!
  • ZannahDia
    Options
    Well I just got back yesterday from a camping trip with some friends. I ate really well and stayed within my calories yesterday :) I didn't have time to do day 1 workout, so I'm going to be doing both day 1 and day 2 today. (I can do that right? And it will still count?) I got 1.3 miles in yesterday, but today I'll be getting in a full 5k :)
  • babybluz33
    Options
    I'm BACK!! Sooo sorry! But I said ahead of time that I would be late.

Current Weight (NOT lbs lost) 182
    Daily: 4/4 days completed (the workouts)
    Weekly: 3/4 days completed (the water/calorie challenge)
    MIni: No

Got back yesterday, so that will be my "Sunday" I'll make up for Monday on Sunday!

PS - I lost 5.2 lbs!! It's gotta be mostly water, since I didn't get my adequate water on a day when I was sweating buckets!

No problem, I knew you were out of town. I will be posting who is missing on Mondays to keep track and remind everyone to check in, and the formatting info was directed at everyone :) I'll be sure to update your info in the spreadsheet...hope you had a great trip!
  • babybluz33
    Options
    Well I just got back yesterday from a camping trip with some friends. I ate really well and stayed within my calories yesterday :) I didn't have time to do day 1 workout, so I'm going to be doing both day 1 and day 2 today. (I can do that right? And it will still count?) I got 1.3 miles in yesterday, but today I'll be getting in a full 5k :)

Hope you had fun camping! You can make up days that are missed as long as it's before check in on Sunday...so you're totally fine!