How’s your Gym Looking?

13»

Replies

• AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    AriesFL wrote: »
    My apartment complex did the same thing today.

We're both in FL, so I wonder if it were related to the extra 19 cases today or just that most states are doing the same?

Bummer about your new job. Is your start date postponed? I'm still interviewing, but that's at a dead stop atm.

Luckily it isn’t s hiring freeze. But things are moving slow. They said they may get me in for orientation Friday. I’d feel better if they give me time and place instead of leave me wondering.

Hard to say about the apartment complex. It was nice working out here. Very clean and santizer stuff everywhere, but I understand. Safe than sorry. Just havevyi be creative at home.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Still open and they are majorly cleaning 3 times a day to stay open. Only issue I'm having is they are just barely inside a curfew zone.
  • renydo2
    renydo2 Posts: 2,152 Member
    Ours shut down last night. Drove by this morning and not one single car - but all the lights were on!!
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    I have noticed the regular gymmers walking outside more. It's not a sidewalk full of people, but earlier in the week, it was only me for miles. Now I pass a pair of walkers at regular intervals... 8 max, so far.

Plenty are walking around inside the complex, however... although, it's only 1/4-mi around the complex, so I'll have to circle it like a shark on a feeding frenzy. Still, I may do it from now on... it's shy of 90 & the humidity is increasing... would rather be closer to home & my Brita pitcher. :smile:
  • chsberthelot2934
    chsberthelot2934 Posts: 48 Member
    Very clean and empty
  • e5litre
    e5litre Posts: 191 Member
    Open 24 hours 7 days a week! 3xd484ip6evg.jpg

2edqp1893n4c.jpg
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,612 Member
    sx71jik7v05v.jpg
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Hmm, ours on base is closed. It was limited hours, then only open to active duty/reservist and now it's closed until this whole thing dies down.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    1sphere wrote: »
    just have a pullup bar at home, and some dumbell weights, i'm trying to figure out what I'll use for squats... trying to make a heavy backpack lol

Take a daypack.... and then wrap some individual water bottles in towels.

Evenly distribute the towels (with full water bottles) in the pack.

It should be heavy enough. If not, add more water bottles.

I'm here to serve.
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    edited March 2020
    Very sparse, but my home gym currently consists of pushups & dips done at the countertop, a couple of yoga mats, a few hand weights, stretch bands & a huge empty floor, cuz I never got around to buying living room furniture.

cvvpiczdxtf0.jpg
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    I have one of these at home.

It's pretty cool. I can do bench press (+incline and decline), overhead press, lat pulldowns, face pulls, dips, squats, leg extension & curl, seated row.... etc.

67.jpg

add to the mix, dumbbells, barbell & a stack of plates.

Plus another incline/decline bench with a treadmill & a C2 rower & I'm set.

I think I might be having better workouts at home than at the gym.... less talk / more chalk.

..... and in case you're wondering, no, the girl did not come with the yellow weight bench.

• TarryTaffyTwo
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I have one of these at home.

It's pretty cool. I can do bench press (+incline and decline), overhead press, lat pulldowns, face pulls, dips, squats, leg extension & curl, seated row.... etc.

67.jpg

add to the mix, dumbbells, barbell & a stack of plates.

Plus another incline/decline bench with a treadmill & a C2 rower & I'm set.

I think I might be having better workouts at home than at the gym.... less talk / more chalk.

..... and in case you're wondering, no, the girl did not come with the yellow weight bench.

Puts my 2-lb & 5-lb Hello Kitty hand weights to shame.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    edited March 2020
    x0l9zjy1hi9j.jpeg
    a1nkpc8ntyf8.jpeg
    5dzjvq410t99.jpeg
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Gr8 to see people getting outdoors.

tt925sea6f3b.jpeg
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Gym officially closed for two weeks as of last night.
  • that_night_in_paris
    that_night_in_paris Posts: 457 Member
    sx71jik7v05v.jpg
    They got free pizza night tho?
  • that_night_in_paris
    that_night_in_paris Posts: 457 Member
    x0l9zjy1hi9j.jpeg
    Triangular-headed snakes ahead? :hushed: