Silver Lining of the Coronadovirus

Options

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'm mostly working from home. I'll have to go in from time to time for short stints, but mostly at home for the foreseeable future. I get an extra hours sleep and don't have to spend 2 hours daily commuting. My kids are home with me, so I'm not as productive as I am in the office, but I'm still getting stuff done to the extent I can. The kids have a daily schedule on the refrigerator that includes fresh air/exercise time, academic time, chore time, quiet time, etc. It allows them to have some structure which also helps me get more done than if they were just hanging about. I'm enjoying spending more time with them and I join them on their morning and afternoon fresh air/exercise time...60 minute walk in the morning and 60 minute bike ride in the afternoon.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    Everyday is a no pants day 🙌

As the cool kids say these days...

Pics or lies 🤷‍♂️
  • cowsfan12
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    MelG7777 wrote: »

The working environment is usually pretty safe and comfortable.

Man I wish that were true around here. I honestly don’t know how the teachers do it at all. It’s hostile, dangerous. The kids LITERALLY wander the halls and hangout in the cafeteria, assault the staff(I’m thinking of a middle school a relative works at in particular). My tenant had been an elementary teacher many years and quit cuz she couldn’t take it. She likely would have worked another 6-8 yrs if it weren’t madness. The climate is just awful. Morale is at an all time low. I feel so badly for the teachers/staff and kids who aren’t causing trouble. (I have a pity for the “bad” kids too). I wish they could be paid more. Our district is already stretched so thin, making cuts, asking for more money. I don’t know what the answer is.

This is so true. Teachers have no ability to discipline kids anymore and the administration is too scared to discipline them. They only answer to the parents and they are afraid of getting sued. Kids can literally walk out of a classroom and do whatever they want. Teachers have no power. You can look at a kid the wrong way and get in trouble. I'm not making this stuff up. My husband is a high school teacher, a lot of our friends are teachers....I have stories that would enrage you.

Definitely. I’m told that if you try to discipline a kid around here their mom (usually) will come up to the school and scream at the teacher/principal. My neighbor told me a teacher at her school had to park somewhere else because a parent threatened to do something to her in her car or something like that. It’s honestly risking your life and/or safety to discipline them. I don’t think I’d be brave enough. Or brave enough to work in a public school around here period.

Same is true here - ex always said there is no real discipline for bad behavior - they HAVE to pass kids they cannot fail them even if they don’t do the work they get a 70 - I mean how demoralizing is that - we are definitely doing it wrong imo - but where to start to fix - hell im not smart enough for that. So what do we do??
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

Pics or lies 🤷‍♂️

This will get me in trouble yo. MAYBE on my wall......maybe!
  • cowsfan12
    Options

Pics or lies 🤷‍♂️

70rbcvrydxio.gif
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options

Pics or lies 🤷‍♂️

*clicks on your ID lighting fast...
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Commutes to LA and SD are shorter ... Almost everyone is off the roads. Win!!
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    Air pollution is clearing up here in Italy.

That’s pretty *kitten* cool.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Petrol is cheaper than Ive seen for a very long time.
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Commutes to LA and SD are shorter ... Almost everyone is off the roads. Win!!

That's what's odd around here. I live across from Tampa Bay, in a part of the city known for having the highest % of seniors. Everything is closed. The roads have heavy traffic, heavier than usual, all day & all night long for 3-wks. WHERE are all the octogenarians going at 7am, 9pm, midnight, 2am, every single day?? I get phone alerts every hour (only due to the high traffic levels) & the ding has woken me up so many times, I've got to figure out today how to turn it off or I'm tossing my phone into the ocean.

giphy.gif
  • mi_nina_lola
    mi_nina_lola Posts: 767 Member
    Options

And no bra day!

vb2g6gt5hnmx.gif

erry day! shake it betty SHAKE IT!!! :o
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    The planet is getting a little pollution break.
  • GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
    Options

Not from single use plastic 😅
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options

Not from single use plastic 😅

Damn.. true 😅🤣
  • that_night_in_paris
    that_night_in_paris Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I finally got to break in the leather Gucci slippers I received last christmas (hey don't hate me, I have a rich auntie)
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    Johnson has some good points here. Applicable to Rona'.

"I hope the scythe’s remorseless swing... can bring some comfort to you all."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4OP5xAqfWE
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    really seems to have cut down on the spam robocallers too i think