Pet Peeves

Options
124»

Replies

• memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Cashiers on the cell phone while you are checking out!!!!
  • memaw66
    Options
    I HATE it when I go through a drive thru, and all I want is an unsweet tea, I specifically say "I JUST want an unsweet tea" and they say "can I get you anything else, some fries maybe?" Didn't I just say I JUST want some tea, that's all I want, tea!!!!
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options

I would soo get fired for that:noway:
  • memaw66
    Options

I would soo get fired for that:noway:
    I know but I see it ALL of the time and it drives me up a wall!
  • MisoSoup79
    MisoSoup79 Posts: 517
    Options
    You all bring up so many great pet peeves about driving... AZ drivers are among the worst! Red light running and stop sign running... jeez...

My biggest pet peeve is this:

I take my dog for a 3 mile run a couple times a week, while I pedal alongside him on my bike. Part of the way, there is NO bike path on the road, but the sidewalk is wide, so we use the sidewalk. I always stop for people with strollers or completely detour for people with dogs (my dog isn't so dog-friendly). But I get the occasional person on the sidewalk who yells at me for being on the sidewalk (because I'm on a bike). As if they can't share the sidewalk... it's 4 foot wide. Now... I could ride my bike into the gravel on the left side or I can get out into the road... Problem is, gravel pops my tires and hurts the dog's paws and if we're in the road, we get HONKED at! If you honk at me while I'm riding a bike next to my dog, he panics and runs into me... thus putting us both at risk of death by vehicular manslaughter! Either way, just let me exercise my dog in peace, will you? :explode: Seems I can't win either way.

I also cannot stand the irresponsible owners that let their dogs "escape" from their backyards on a regular basis to terrorize the neighborhood. :noway:

I can't stand backyard breeders. :angry:

I H-A-T-E when people swerve to intentionally hit a cat crossing the road. :brokenheart:
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    So many EXCELLENT peeves!

In addition to many others here...
    -people without small children or who are obviously NOT pregnant parking in the "Stork" reserved parking spots close to the store!!!:mad: :explode: I actually guilted one lady into picking another spot!!:devil:
    -people who talk in movies:grumble:
    -slow people in the passing lane:explode: :explode:
    -people who don't wash their hands after using the bathroom!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Many others I can't recall right now!!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Just thought of another.....people that leave their grocery carts on one side of the aisle while they look at the products on the other side...you have to wait for them to move themselves or their cart so you can get by.
  • CassieNic
    CassieNic Posts: 223
    Options
    i hate when people smack their food. :mad: :mad:

AND when there are two servings of something in one package, like pop tarts or the crystal light water mixers for example.
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options

AND when there are two servings of something in one package, like pop tarts or the crystal light water mixers for example.

OOOOOOOOOHHHHH!!!!!!! The Pop Tart thing just steams me!!!!:explode: That's why I read EVERY label!!:grumble:
  • CassieNic
    CassieNic Posts: 223
    Options

Why does it have to be the really loud snot snort? I hate to hear the bubbly sniffley sound every 15 seconds! I'll pointedly stare at the kid (it's always one of our kids, lol), and when they don't notice the stare of death, I add in a cough.... And when they don't notice the stare of death/cough combo, I break down and ask if they need to blow their nose. Of course they need to blow their stinkin' nose, they are sniffling the runny snot back in every couple of seconds. It always kills me because they tell me they don't need to go blow. I give them two more sniffs (with the death stare) before telling them to go blow their nose or leave the room because they are bugging me.

this bugs me too, i end up having to drag my three yo to the bathroom to blow his nose, then its another 10min just getting him to actually blow. darn kids.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options

Why does it have to be the really loud snot snort? I hate to hear the bubbly sniffley sound every 15 seconds! I'll pointedly stare at the kid (it's always one of our kids, lol), and when they don't notice the stare of death, I add in a cough.... And when they don't notice the stare of death/cough combo, I break down and ask if they need to blow their nose. Of course they need to blow their stinkin' nose, they are sniffling the runny snot back in every couple of seconds. It always kills me because they tell me they don't need to go blow. I give them two more sniffs (with the death stare) before telling them to go blow their nose or leave the room because they are bugging me.

this bugs me too, i end up having to drag my three yo to the bathroom to blow his nose, then its another 10min just getting him to actually blow. darn kids.

I wish it was just because they were three years old... I have a 15, 14, 11, & 10 YO....