Coronavirus

Replies

• vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Justin Trudeau is "self-isolating", his wife is sick and being tested.

Turns out she is positive and has the virus.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    bojack5 wrote: »
    Absolutely nothing to worry about. The one and only Kim Kardashian has revealed psychic Sylvia Browne's prediction from 2008.....predicting this virus to come in 2020, and leave as abrubtly as it came. Thank god for people like Kim Kardashian to bring reason to all this panic.

I thought i copied the link but i guess not....sorry, may just have to google it
    This?? Saw this on snapchat
    ibnn74p0ucga.jpeg

That’s crazy. My bf showed me that too. Whoa!

It’s just a fluke/ coincidence
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    The main thing is for people to stay home if they are sick. Don’t go out!

Also, these toilet paper hoarders are ****

For real, from a nurses point of view... what do you think?

Apparently as veterinary staff we are considered "first line responders" and can't close work due to the pandemic

Apparently animals can carry the virus on their fur (they are not affected) but can potentially transmit the disease to humans that way.

You deal with infectious disease (to humans) daily...what precautions do you suggest? Gloves and mask? That's what is being suggested at my work - but we typically don't deal with human disease, so I'm not 100% with my co-workers ideas of how to deal.

I'm creeped the *kitten* out of town right now...I live in a big city (suburbs) and they are shutting down all the schools for 3 weeks and saying "if you see first line responders in gas masks - don't be alarmed - they are trying to keep safe from the COVID-19"

..yeah, me too!

• nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited March 2020
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    The main thing is for people to stay home if they are sick. Don’t go out!

Also, these toilet paper hoarders are ****

For real, from a nurses point of view... what do you think?

Apparently as veterinary staff we are considered "first line responders" and can't close work due to the pandemic

Apparently animals can carry the virus on their fur (they are not affected) but can potentially transmit the disease to humans that way.

You deal with infectious disease (to humans) daily...what precautions do you suggest? Gloves and mask? That's what is being suggested at my work - but we typically don't deal with human disease, so I'm not 100% with my co-workers ideas of how to deal.

I'm creeped the *kitten* out of town right now...I live in a big city (suburbs) and they are shutting down all the schools for 3 weeks and saying "if you see first line responders in gas masks - don't be alarmed - they are trying to keep safe from the COVID-19"

..yeah, me too!

Well I am a PA and we actually had a positive case at our hospital recently and I cared for a family member who was exposed, probably positive, but didn’t meet criteria for testing so I had to wear the special mask we use for situations like this with TB patients and such. I had trouble finding the mask because we are low on them.

Wash hands, stay away from people, especially sick ones. The WHO doesn’t recommend masks unless you’re directly caring for a sick family member. There is a shortage of masks and if everyone wears a mask there won’t be enough for health care providers. We are already running low. These people buying masks and selling them for profit are horrible.

Our critical care doctors are saying the death rate isnt nearly as high as the media is making it out to be. The news is acting like young, healthy people are on ventilators when this isn’t really true. 80% of people will have mild disease.

The death rate is higher above age 60, and especially above age 70. I would say if someone lives with an elderly family member, to have really good hygiene measures and have minimal contact with them. It is probably better for older people to stay home.

The worst thing for people who get a fever or cough to do is come to the ER wanting testing. They won’t be tested unless they meet very specific criteria and they will just expose others in the process. Unless one is seriously ill, they should stay home and self quarantine. They also should not go to work if ill. We don’t have testing readily available in ERs. People can’t come in just expecting to be tested because they want to. It is not up to us medical providers. The health department determines who they will run tests on.

My personal feelings: I’m not worried too much but I am cautious. At work, we always act like bodily fluids are infected. We regularly suture and are exposed to HIV+ blood and we aren’t panicking. This is no different. I also don’t have the option of staying home like others do. If I could, I might. I have to just do my job.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    bojack5 wrote: »
    Absolutely nothing to worry about. The one and only Kim Kardashian has revealed psychic Sylvia Browne's prediction from 2008.....predicting this virus to come in 2020, and leave as abrubtly as it came. Thank god for people like Kim Kardashian to bring reason to all this panic.

I thought i copied the link but i guess not....sorry, may just have to google it

OMG this must be the article that the clerk at the Salvation Army was referring to yesterday. Good grief!! She was talking to another employee saying how the virus is going to disappear as quickly as it came in, her next sentence started with 'a fortune teller's magazine.......' I had to turn around and leave because I wanted to grab her and shake her.

:/
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    I think suspension of the 2020 Census would be a good idea... census takers going door to door. We need to go online this year or suspend it for awhile.

Didn't think census people went door to door anymore, unless someone doesn't respond by mail. I actually received the census letter yesterday, and filling out online is now the preferred option. If not done by a certain date, they will mail the paper questionnaire.
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    Hit me up if some of ya wants toilet paper.

3c9xxkasg6l5.jpg
  • GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
    I hope you’re all good with loving the one you’re with. State travel restrictions might be going into effect.

I’m one of those people who thinks that once a freedom is taken away it is sometimes difficult to get it back.

Scary but true. We’re still living day to day with losses of freedom imposed after 9/11
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,294 Member
    What is the big deal about toilet paper? Hasn't anyone ever heard of a washcloth?

(Just don't try to flush a washcloth down the toilet.....some people would, ya know?
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    tuddy315 wrote: »
    What is the big deal about toilet paper? Hasn't anyone ever heard of a washcloth?

(Just don't try to flush a washcloth down the toilet.....some people would, ya know?

yeah with all the money they're spending on TP they could just go on amazon and buy an attachable bidet for like 100 bucks instead.

i guess if things went full apocalyptic plague then the water would shut off eventually sure, but then all that TP won't be helping much in that case either. and if they ever needed to move locations to find fresh water its not like they can carry all the TP with em either.
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Hit me up if some of ya wants toilet paper.

3c9xxkasg6l5.jpg

Damn this made me laugh hard.....😆😆😆
  • Analog_Kid
    Analog_Kid Posts: 976 Member
    I hope you’re all good with loving the one you’re with. State travel restrictions might be going into effect.

I’m one of those people who thinks that once a freedom is taken away it is sometimes difficult to get it back.

You got that right, sister! The impulsive, knee jerk reactions are setting bad precedents.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,194 MFP Moderator
    Hey folks, I'd just like to bring your attention to our community guidelines: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

One of them specifically prohibits bringing politics into the main forums, so please leave your political issues elsewhere when posting. This thread has been cleaned up a bit to remove some political discourse. Further reports regarding political discussion in this thread may result in warnings.

TGIF :mask:
    JustSomeEm

• iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    so6lon0vpd8g.jpeg
  • RevGym2
    RevGym2 Posts: 252 Member
    @Just_Mel_ wrote: »
    NormInv wrote: »
    Just_Mel_ wrote: »
    0ir5ev5hb4el.jpg

First all the hand sanitizer ads in my news feed, now Netflix trying to cash in too. No Netflix, I'm pretty sure people aren't rushing to watch an oldass movie about a pandemic right now.

it is unfortunate i only see you in forums :((

Only maybe once a week. Go to my IG, I'm there daily. 😊
    NormInv wrote: »
    0ir5ev5hb4el.jpg

First all the hand sanitizer ads in my news feed, now Netflix trying to cash in too. No Netflix, I'm pretty sure people aren't rushing to watch an oldass movie about a pandemic right now.

it is unfortunate i only see you in forums :((

Only maybe once a week. Go to my IG, I'm there daily. 😊
    Do you know Joe Exotic?
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Interesting to read the earlier comments , knowing what we know now.
    Hope you and yours stage safe @RevGym2
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Interesting to read the earlier comments , knowing what we know now.
    Hope you and yours stay safe @RevGym2
    Fixed..