The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• elrealistico
    elrealistico Posts: 1 Member
    Hi Y'all! Mid-50s, Florida, Tampa area, looking for virtual motivation to help with keeping up while my box is closed :(. Been eating too much junk the last week or two, due to CV lockdowns & dealing with home schooling & dull times. I work out at 5AM, so any early risers check in!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Gonna be 47 soon in June. Do add me. Nothing works for me. This is my last hope.

I understand that feeling - "Nothing works for me". I sometimes felt the same way. I'm on my third year here. Lost about 45 pounds in the first nine months. Am currently down about 55 pounds from where I started. That is by far the longest time I have maintained any significant weight loss. Keep coming back here and checking in - the mutual support and encouragement is the best feature of MFP. You can do this!

• duffygarrett9555
    duffygarrett9555 Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2020
    Hi all, new to MFP hoping to reach a few Goals! :)
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Woo hoo managed to get my family to workout today. This is the third time since physical distancing started. Hooray.

Hope everyone is managing and staying home and washing their hands
  • JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    yes, challenging times right now. I think we are all learning to appreciate things we took for granted. I do hope that as a Country we learn some valuable lessons regarding health care and being prepared.
  • AliNouveau
    JustaJoe00 wrote: »
    yes, challenging times right now. I think we are all learning to appreciate things we took for granted. I do hope that as a Country we learn some valuable lessons regarding health care and being prepared.

I'm curious about the USA....are people still charged if they go to get a covid test? Have they waived those fees?

I'm watching our local briefing and our city is putting up the homeless in hotels downtown. They're separating those who are positive for covid. We don't need this going through our less fortunate population and heck the hotels have no business anyway
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    edited April 2020
    Morning all.

I've literally been climbing the walls. My new climb is the main bedroom to spare bedroom traverse - it's about v3. The radiator is a very risky hold, so I've defined it to be out of bounds. The features are two doorways and the stairs which require some fun routes. Once in the spare bedroom, it's possible to extend the climb a little bit to the fireplace.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Hi there everyone
    drmwc wrote: »
    Morning all.

I've literally been climbing the walls. My new climb is the main bedroom to spare bedroom traverse - it's about v3. The radiator is a very risky hold, so I've defined it to be out of bounds. The features are two doorways and the stairs which require some fun routes. Once in the spare bedroom, it's possible to extend the climb a little bit to the fireplace.

That sounds like great fun!
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    I'll try and video it next time - it may be this evening.

On a slightly related note, I now need to find a good way of removing rubber from walls
  • Fatexterminator
    Fatexterminator Posts: 43 Member
    Hi I am Sterling 43. Looking for a few more friends for mutual support. I am kind of stuck in my weight loss so reduced my calories but muscle tone seems to be faded too.
    Feel free to add
  • lukalulka
    lukalulka Posts: 9 Member
    Hi, I set my profile up 51yo female, 96 kilos and 159cm. I specified that I walk 90 minutes a day which is around 11,000 steps. Myfitnesspal calculated my daily calories at 1675 calories. Question - am I supposed to eat this much (I am having around 1300) has the figure taken into account the walking I told it I would do? Also is there a weight loss projection graph. I would like to lose a kilo a week for the next 26 weeks. I know as I reduce it will slow done. Thanks
  • Dreamers8969
    Dreamers8969 Posts: 2 Member
    Looking for female friends to share fitness goals with. 43, stuck inside :-(
    Need to lose 30-40lbs. Walk, run, dance... I don't know, will try anything that works!
  • _Southern_Kev
    _Southern_Kev Posts: 18 Member
    Happy Friday Guys. Have a great weekend.
  • AliNouveau
    Hooray for Friday!!! Well I guess Fridays these days are pretty much like any other day really.

I hope everyone is keeping busy and staying healthy. I'm excited to pick up a grocery order this weekend which includes yard waste bags so I'll get to start cleaning up my yard. Have a good one my middle aged friends
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Sunday is almost done. Tomorrow I start my first week of "working from home". Seems like 50ish isn't too old to learn new things.
  • edub21_2000
    edub21_2000 Posts: 1 Member
    Hey, everyone been using this app just learning there is a community side would be happy to add friends.
  • AliNouveau
    So it was a beautiful day here today and I decided to do some yard work. This included climbing up on a fence to prune a lilac tree and getting attacked by the raspberries. I'd say all in all a good day. I'll tackle more tomorrow. It's nice getting outside and getting some exercise wrestling with overgrown plants
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,945 Member
    Don't prune any more lilacs until they bloom for the season. It can't be long, even up there. I have some lilacs that I should have cleaned up last year that will get done this year, but not for another month. They are FAT with buds; I can hardly wait. I miss my winter daphne; it died years ago.
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Good morning everyone, been awful quiet in here lately. Hope you all are staying safe.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Awful quiet everywhere. Curfew, no traffic, no people on the streets, no noise, etc.