2020 Welcome Noobs to MFP

Replies

• H0506
    H0506 Posts: 1 Member
    New boy alert..... age 46, about 3 stone over what should be...how did that happen in 4 years🤔...no more excuses, fav was i will start Monday..On it and tracking calories and back to phys. Used to run alot ... enjoyed marathons, although was never a racing snake... Hi all
  • pardenme
    pardenme Posts: 3 Member
    Good morning all! New guy here, just started yesterday. Age 32, about 300 lbs. Been a long time coming, but hoping that this will be the start of something good! With a lot more time at home now, I'm looking to start some good habits! I'd like to lose 100 lbs in the next year to year and half.
  • jmaya1997
    jmaya1997 Posts: 2 Member
    What's up everyone! My name is Mina. I just joined today, April 6, 2020. I've been on and off with my fitness goals, but because of new motivations, I decided to give this app a try in hopes of achieving my goals sooner than later! I'm looking to have a few buddies to connect with and mutually share inspiration/motivation/accountability with. If anyone's interested, please like this comment, send a message, or contact me any way. Best of luck! B)<3
  • higgos1974
    higgos1974 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello started MFP so many times but never stuck to it for very long. I now need the help and motivation of a group to keep me on track. Please feel free to add me (I don't know how to add anyone) I have started a blog too within MFP to make myself more accountable for my actions.
  • MoHoneylove
    MoHoneylove Posts: 2 Member
    Hello everyone I'm a noobie but I'm a returning noobie from 2012. When I lost 65 lb in 4 months and I swore by this MyFitnessPal. I told everyone about it and after I lost the weight I got real cocky and thought I didn't need it anymore. Well you can imagine. I experienced a separation after 15 yrs, kids leaving the house ,me on my own and now I have turn 50. I looked at myself and I laugh because it seems I don't have a neck. So after some long soul-searching, I thought about it and I decided to find an old friend. That is my fitness pal. So I'm now looking for new friends. Trying to keep a new attitude because I have a lot of weight to lose. I want to do it in the shortest amount of time. I know that I havr to change my mindset. I also know if anything that MFP is the answer. 😊
  • pastelunicornxanaxskittlevirus
    edited April 2020
    Been here before but didn't stick to it like I should've :/ back for fresh start. Hope to stay motivated and on track, found mfp super helpful and supportive last time (:
    Day 1 logging, looking back trying to remember eveything...always doing immediate log from now on!
    Wanna lose about 15-20lbs. Already petit but at higher end of my general weight range and wanna bring that down to a number I like better, a weight I can feel more comfortable & natutal at. Feel less stuck in a rut, become more active again. Try to find ways in isolation until the gym is an option again. Before all this started I had stopped going to the gym, have been a bit depressed and I stress eat lately which is odd because usually when I'm stressed it's impossible to eat. But I want to regain some control, make more healthy choices. Find a comfortable balance.
  • RealTamaraB
    RealTamaraB Posts: 50 Member
    I never check in, but I am writing this to stay accountable.

Back at it again. I have been feeling so bloated and I'm not fitting into my clothes properly. Something is horribly wrong when your plus size clothes start getting to small. I weighed in yesterday at 269.4 :'( . This is an all time high, and I am so disappointed in myself. I am closer to 300 than 200.

I restarted yesterday and I am challenging myself to 9 straight days of healthy eating and exercise. After my 9 day challenge I will be working out 4 - 6 days per week. My goal is to start off every month with a 7 - 10 day challenge in order to refocus myself and jump start another month of going hard.

Pray for me people.
  • Weedsir
    Weedsir Posts: 14 Member
    Hey!
    Been around since 2012 (back when i was A LOT fitter) and used the app to track my macros.
    I guess i'm back to do the same thing, but with a different mindset and end goal. I got lazy. Reeeeeeally lazy.
    So now its time to get moving.
    Good luck everyone. Feel free to add me if you want a digital workout buddy!
  • vickywatkinson03
    vickywatkinson03 Posts: 2 Member
    Hey everyone !! I’ve been logged in for 60 days now and have lost 14lbs. I’m new-ish to the app but so happy with my loss that I am going to keep going and will finally get back to my comfortable weight. X
  • louiseeeal
    louiseeeal Posts: 4 Member
    hello there, just realised there's a forum thing here. been in MFP for a while. doing keto for the moment and would like to do various type just for the fun of it ( ie: vegetarian week, carnivore week, budget week, organic week...etc) send me a message if you're interested to join me!
  • dsross1973
    dsross1973 Posts: 1 Member
    I am new to MFP, but this is not my first try at losing weight. Like many people, it has been an ongoing struggle. I have a long way to go, but am trying to be positive about my ability to make the weight loss happen this time.
  • 1allicia1
    1allicia1 Posts: 4 Member
    hi. I am new and here to drop some weight. about to turn 50 so i know it wont be an easy journey but if someone could tell me some great sites i can get some recipes and meal ideas that are inexpensive I would love to hear from you.
  • HufflepuffJo9
    HufflepuffJo9 Posts: 52 Member
    Hi, everyone!! 😃😃😃 I’m a vegan who lost 120+ lbs but unfortunately gained 20 back!! I’m back to lose that 20!! I would love to cheer on anyone who would like support!!
  • lamesheepcs
    lamesheepcs Posts: 7 Member
    back to it again and looking for accountability and motivation in my timeline :)

lets get after this guys

LFG

Carl
  • jackiegmz1
    jackiegmz1 Posts: 8 Member
    Hello ! :)
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    I've tried several times over the years and always gained back. I know how it feels to fail. This time I want to know how it feels to finish ... and succeed!! With 100+ lbs to lose, I need all the help I can get. This time I've joined two groups. one in particular helps keep me on track and provides the cheerleading I need and don't get in real life. Check it out per links below --

FAT 2 FIT Registrations are OPEN!!!

Do you need additional accountability?
    Are you competitive?
    Do you like a team environment?

FAT 2 FIT is for you!!!! Four years strong! Fat 2 Fit has helped members lose over 10,000 LBS!

Feel Free to visit the Group Page and take a look around. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

Want to join us??? Register for May!!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10793488/f2f-may-2020-registration/p1?new=1

What do you have to lose?
    WEIGHT!!! That is what!
  • Ready4betterhabits
    Ready4betterhabits Posts: 2 Member
    Really awesome community full of positive energy!
    Looking forward to continuing this journey and than you all for being awesome ppl
  • twelstand
    twelstand Posts: 18 Member
    Hey everyone! i have been using the app for a while but on and off. last two weeks i have made the decision to get serious about it again and make the changes that i need to. hoping to give and receive encouragement to like minded people!
  • mznavarro86
    mznavarro86 Posts: 3 Member
    New here iso ppl to motivate me and share recipes
  • glowingirls
    glowingirls Posts: 16 Member
    want to make friends to lose weight with me😊💕💕 add me
This discussion has been closed.