Just for Today

Options

Replies

• CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: NO ANIMAL COOKIES!!!!!!!!!!! If I can accomplish that, I can accomplish anything!

Darn You leftover camping food, and Darn You Costco size containers!
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    just for today i will NOT eat frozen yogurt as dessert today.....JUST FOR TODAY!!!!!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I can accomplish anything!!!!!
  • Pam3
    Options
    just for today ...i will think of ONLY today's goals:flowerforyou:
  • Pam3
    Options
    JUST FOR TODAY: i will try to have only positive thoughts......:flowerforyou:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will control the food, it won't control me!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will budget my time.
  • Pam3
    Options
    JUST FOR TODAY: i will have HAPPY thoughts
  • Kazimira
    Kazimira Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I love this. I get overwhelmed, even when I've been doing great, if I start to think about doing it Forever.

Just for today: I will do my core workout.
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: I will remember that, just because I ate one of my sons animal crackers does not justify giving the day up as a lost cause.

I've found that the only way this became a "lifestyle" choice and not a restrictive diet was to STOP beating myself up. If I had a treat, I had one. And I didn't flog myself for it afterward, I just moved on. Nothing was working as long as I was fighting myself constantly, and being my own worst critic. I don't give myself a free pass, but I don't flog myself, either. I logged the treat, and ate something better tomorrow.
  • Pam3
    Options
    Just for Today: I will remember that, just because I ate one of my sons animal crackers does not justify giving the day up as a lost cause.

I've found that the only way this became a "lifestyle" choice and not a restrictive diet was to STOP beating myself up. If I had a treat, I had one. And I didn't flog myself for it afterward, I just moved on. Nothing was working as long as I was fighting myself constantly, and being my own worst critic. I don't give myself a free pass, but I don't flog myself, either. I logged the treat, and ate something better tomorrow.

agreed many times over!!!!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    CHEERS! Love to hear new voices on here!
  • statia152
    Options
    Just for Today: I will remember that I never regret doing a workout, but I always regret not doing one.

This is sooo true! Just for Today: I will acknowledge my weaknesses / triggers and not let them conquer me.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I took this off of my other thread because I definately need this today. Cricket is calling for a fuzzy sock day.

Just for Today:I will focus on ideas vs reality, or what I like to call "The Rear View Mirror Principle".

During the day a lot of thoughts and ideas come to me: "I want to have a fuzzy sock day. I want to lay in bed all day and read a book. I want to eat junk food. I want to watch movies that I haven't watched in a while. Exercise is too hard. Eating right sucks. A nap would be more fun than a stroll on the dreadmill." Last night, post workout, I read someone's status that they were trying to get up the enthusiam for a workout, but a nap sounded better. It struck me how often (Most minutes of every day) I have the same thoughts. But having already completed my workout for the day, I was able to honestly say, that although the idea of the nap is better going forward, the reality of the workout is way better in the rear view mirror. What do you want to see in your rear view mirror at the end of the day?
  • statia152
    Options
    What a different way to think of the day. I will remember the "rear view mirror" life-change, but will have to think about my answer. Thanks for the profound wisdom!
  • Pam3
    Options
    what i want to see in the rear view mirror, and not just for today, is having the engery to continue to workout, and the interest to log my foods and keep trying to eat healthfully:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: ....
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will pack my own lunch before heading to a family gathering. I can do this! Right?
  • Pam3
    Options
    Just for Today: I will pack my own lunch before heading to a family gathering. I can do this! Right?

yes you can, girl...have a wonderful time
  • Pam3
    Options
    JUST FOR TODAY: i will remember to think before i speak(i am referring to my sons' girlfriend)....have a great sunday all:flowerforyou:
  • allisoncooke
    allisoncooke Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will not drink wine (my #1 cause of weight gain) : /