What are your biggest food/beverage product disappointments?

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Another one that comes to mind is Smashmallow. Flavored marshmallows are overrated.

96g0zptti6zp.png
  • pancakerunner
    edited April 2020
    Also, Angie's Boom Chicka Pop

wsc4pqxlqbhv.jpg
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited April 2020
    Paleo meat bars. All of them. Yuck, I need a bucket. :p

y50ykpr7u2mk.png
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Also, Angie's Boom Chicka Pop

wsc4pqxlqbhv.jpg

Yes! Angies and pretty much bagged popcorn in general.

Also a LOT of these protein cereals. I had high hopes, but none were that great. m9q1a12zyxz7.png
  • Diatonic12
    One more hiding under that paleolithic rock. It tasted sour and quite frankly, rancid. It wasn't outdated. The flavor lingered on and not in a good way. B)

du6fht6apx63.png
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Oreos: just artificial flavours and sugar.
    Low calorie icecream: just artificial sweetener, and lots of air. You take a spoon full in your mouth, and you're left with a few watery ice flakes and a yucky taste.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,168 Member
    Another one that comes to mind is Smashmallow.

I didn't really care for the one Smashburger I tried.

• chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    Halo Top, yuck! Walden Farms, don't know how people can eat that stuff. My favorite salad dressing is poppyseed and Skinny Girl's is often recommended, it's super sweet and I love sweet but not that much! The best I've found of a lightened one is Panera though I bought stuff to make my own. Fiber One brownies are another thing that are recommended often. They're not horrible but not worth the calories.

The only Walden Farms stuff I like is their Pancake Syrup which I am completely obsessed with. I think it is so good!!! The rest of their stuff that I've tried is disgusting though.

I also love Skinny Girl Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing! It has a lot of sodium though so even at super low calorie I try to limit it.

• whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Another one that comes to mind is Smashmallow.

I didn't really care for the one Smashburger I tried.

With you, Smashburger sucks! Not cheap either😒 hate Halo Top,avacodos,those dumb Built Bars who keep sending me emails cuz I bought a box months ago, Quest bars suck(except the Hero ones but not sure if they're still around) the Keto diet sucks,most protein powder sucks,wow I could go on and on🤣
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Oh and I despise Panera🤮
  • pancakerunner
    whitpauly wrote: »
    Oh and I despise Panera🤮

I'm with you on Panera... overhyped!
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    Oh and I despise Panera🤮

But but but.....they have the best delish salads! Pricy, yes.
  • pancakerunner
    Oh and I despise Panera🤮

But if you know how their food is prepared, it's less than desirable haha
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member

No way! The salads I make myself are 100000x better, bigger, tastier and cheaper! Their salads are not worth it and nothing special in my opinion. So much rather make my own. I think all their food is overhyped and over priced.
    Oh and I despise Panera🤮

Also I think all Starbucks drinks are over hyped and nothing great. I’ve had a few and was super underwhelmed and disappointed I wasted calories when I could make a similar drink at home for free and less calories.

Anything they make I can make even better with my own skinny mixes syrups, almond milk, stevia and truvia.
  • Diatonic12
    I can live without these.

utmzrze2a2m6.png
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Alcohol. EVERY SINGLE TIME! Whenever someone tells me they have just the right mix for me to enjoy, I just don't. Some are more tolerable than others, but it says something when first thought is "this would be perfect if it wasn't for that little bit of alcoholic aftertaste".

Steak. I have tried it countless times in countless restaurants and home preparations because everyone seems to like it so much so I must be missing something. Nope, I had to accept that I just don't like steak.

Low fat Greek yogurt. I grew up eating full fat (even extra fat) so when I first found a low fat option I was happy. I was very disappointed when I tried it. The mouthfeel and "fullness" of it in my mouth so shockingly different. It made me a bit sad because it would have been a great option. I eat it daily so it would have saved me lots of calories.

Diet ice creams, any and all. Every single brand I tried, and I tried quite a few brands and flavors. NO!

Sweet popcorn. Heard a lot about it, didn't even give it a second chance. It just doesn't compute. It felt like you would feel eating fish smothered in Nutella. Does not compute because popcorn = salty. (I do love Nutella, by the way)

But worst of all, my sleep paralysis monster, low or no fat hard cheese.

I think I mostly love you!
    Have to say that I do like a glass of good, full-bodied red wine every now and then. Or a glass of good gin. The problem with that is that a good bottle of gin costs anywhere from 35-70 Euro. And once you calculate what that bit of clear liquid at the bottom of the glass costs ... well, it's not something I do regularly. But no, I don't like mix drinks (well, a good caipirinha might be an exception), beer, any sweet alcoholic things.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    YES to the Panera. They have a few decent soups, but they're just so expensive for what you get. And I haven't had a sandwich there that is worth the price. I honestly like Subway better lol (I know, I know).