What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    So, I went to the grocery store yesterday and walked down the health & beauty aisle (to be honest, there was nothing beautiful about it.... I digress).

Anyway, there was several shelves of hair dye and down at the very end of the row was a box or do-it-yerself Red Hair Dye.

I thought, that might be an okay thing to do during the lockdown. Also thinking that maybe I should just dye my beard bright red.

Do it!

Seconded. Doooooooo iiiiiiiiiit!!

@KosmosKitten

you've dyed your hair a lot, right?

mine is dark brown (see my avatar; it's accurate .)

anyway.... I think I might need to do this.

If nothing else, I haven't shaved for five weeks and I could just dye my beard, right?

Careful...
    53cnmlu3qr49.jpg

I just emptied my Amazon cart back to a pair of running shoes and a couple of jazz LPs.

Hair Dye ---> ** delete **
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    So, I went to the grocery store yesterday and walked down the health & beauty aisle (to be honest, there was nothing beautiful about it.... I digress).

Anyway, there was several shelves of hair dye and down at the very end of the row was a box or do-it-yerself Red Hair Dye.

I thought, that might be an okay thing to do during the lockdown. Also thinking that maybe I should just dye my beard bright red.

Do it!

@KosmosKitten

If nothing else, I haven't shaved for five weeks and I could just dye my beard, right?

Careful...
    53cnmlu3qr49.jpg

Yikes. Yeah, maybe do a reaction test somewhere tiny and non visible before you slather it all over your face. Holy heck, that poor dude!
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options

Do it!

@KosmosKitten

Careful...
    53cnmlu3qr49.jpg

I just emptied my Amazon cart back to a pair of running shoes and a couple of jazz LPs.

I condone buying jazz LPs in lieu of hair dye. Longer lasting, more enjoyable in the long run. :smile:
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

Do it!

@KosmosKitten

Careful...
    53cnmlu3qr49.jpg

Noo.. look.
    79zcgnpwuvny.jpg

It might go ok 😬
  • Motorsheen
    Options

Do it!

@KosmosKitten

Careful...
    53cnmlu3qr49.jpg

Noo.. look.
    79zcgnpwuvny.jpg

It might go ok 😬

Only if it's offered in hot pink.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    That poor guy
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    that drink kicked my ***,
    i must be dehydrated 🥴
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    that drink kicked my ***,
    i must be dehydrated 🥴

Lightweight 😏😂
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    How long is this quarantine going to last?!? I need to pay for a drink that I can’t make myself.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    How long is this quarantine going to last?!? I need to pay for a drink that I can’t make myself.

How much longer ??

I'm thinking maybe 3 more years.... 5 at the most.
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options

How much longer ??

I'm thinking maybe 3 more years.... 5 at the most.

Damn it I was hoping to express myself with in a few months. 🙄
  • ZenDream
    ZenDream Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I dog years covid19 has been here about 6.25478996655223225 years.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    Wisdom teeth..

So I'm 28 years old and havent got them yet. Anyone else in the same boa? Wondering how rare that it is, to never have them come through? ..does that mean we're more evolved :D
  • packersfan0103
    packersfan0103 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    What's on my mind? Let's see.... ha nothing really just pokin' around this sigh. I have been awake since 4 A.M. Not sure why. My brain just does that to me. Enjoying the silence for now. Thinking of starting breakfast for the family. Who knows where the day will take us. Haha, probably just to the couch.
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options

Do it!

@KosmosKitten

Careful...
    53cnmlu3qr49.jpg

Ouch! Truly! I was a hairdresser/esthetician... hair color is not meant for anything other than hair that grows from the scalp. I've seen nightmares with clients who tried to dye eyebrows, eyelashes & ahem... other places south of the border, that turned into a similar but more humiliating, nightmare ER visit than Jo pictured.

The metalic base & peroxide content in boxed color is too high for non-scalp regions, for a start, amongst other things. Some do it with success. It might work, or not (depending on hair texture, density, porosity, etc & timing)... but, it should be applied off the skin with a small brush/comb/applicator, if you're going to do it anyway.

I also recognize that you're probably kidding, but others are bored in lockdown, hence the info. Keep juice, Koolaide, food dye in mind for a gag or temp respite from boredom.

OTOH, I have seen Ginger & Marianne mix up awesome makeup/hair colors from berries on Gilligan's Island!

giphy.gif
  • packersfan0103
    packersfan0103 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Wisdom teeth..

So I'm 28 years old and havent got them yet. Anyone else in the same boa? Wondering how rare that it is, to never have them come through? ..does that mean we're more evolved :D

When I was in my early 20's I had one of my wisdom teeth pulled because my gums kept growing over it. Was kinda painful. I would say go see a dentist and get an x-ray buuut, ya know.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,845 Member
    Options
    Wisdom teeth..

I got my first wisdom tooth in when I was like 30. The others I’m still waiting on. 🤷‍♀️
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Wisdom teeth..

my wisdom teeth were pretty stupid.