Steps

13»

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    ryenday wrote: »
    LOL. I’m gonna just say it’s broken.

hjc2y96i56x3.png

Yes - that is an example of broken, having 2 adjustments.

A Press and hold on one of those adjustments doesn't give detail like time of that info?

So from above comment - that is the Apple sync that is creating those workout names?
    Now that's pretty good syncing - Garmin does similar but they use their own workout names.
    Apple sure appears to be using the MFP database names. Then again, it's a public common database, so perhaps understandable.
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited November 2017
    heybales wrote: »
    ryenday wrote: »
    LOL. I’m gonna just say it’s broken.

hjc2y96i56x3.png

Yes - that is an example of broken, having 2 adjustments.

A Press and hold on one of those adjustments doesn't give detail like time of that info?

So from above comment - that is the Apple sync that is creating those workout names?
    Now that's pretty good syncing - Garmin does similar but they use their own workout names.
    Apple sure appears to be using the MFP database names. Then again, it's a public common database, so perhaps understandable.
    Yeah, I don’t choose the workouts, somewhere between Apple Watch and MFP they choose an MFP workout automatically in the sync. Of course, several workouts don’t sync at all like the watch entry for “Water Fitness” or “”Flexibility” or HIIT — But the ones that sync do sync nicely.

Details on the steps entries don’t give any details - just the device that is responsible and whether negative adjustments are enabled. No time given. That is via the iPhone MFP app.
  • toddandwendy3
    toddandwendy3 Posts: 32 Member
    I cant get google fit or samsung health to adjust my calories in MFP.
  • heybales
    I cant get google fit or samsung health to adjust my calories in MFP.

MFP actually does all adjusting - after they receive a sync of current daily calorie burn from the 3rd party service.

So either that service isn't getting updates from the app, or the app isn't getting updates from the device.

If the app in both those cases shows calorie burn that matches what the device says, then app server may not be syncing to the account server. Which are not the same.
    Confirm that by logging into your account through a web browser and making sure it's at same value.

Do syncs of food go the other direction?

Then you may have to tell the MFP app in settings that the source of your steps is that 3rd party device - can pick only 1 though.
  • laurarosa89
    laurarosa89 Posts: 1 Member
    I am having the same problem. I have read the thread and totally get what people have said about the calories just for living through the day etc however, it still doesn’t make sense to me. Example- Sunday I had a rest day, MFP counted steps from my Fitbit which added in 700 odd calories. On Friday, I did a workout in the morning and a run in the evening and it counted 650 odd calories as when I put in exercise it doesn’t count my steps. This morning I had burned 30 or so calories in steps then did my workout and it went back down to zero meaning if I have a rest day it counts calories burnt from steps and on all the other days where I exercise twice a day it doesn’t meaning I get more of a calorie allowance when I do no exercise than when I do, it doesn’t really make sense to me.
  • heybales
    I am having the same problem. I have read the thread and totally get what people have said about the calories just for living through the day etc however, it still doesn’t make sense to me. Example- Sunday I had a rest day, MFP counted steps from my Fitbit which added in 700 odd calories. On Friday, I did a workout in the morning and a run in the evening and it counted 650 odd calories as when I put in exercise it doesn’t count my steps. This morning I had burned 30 or so calories in steps then did my workout and it went back down to zero meaning if I have a rest day it counts calories burnt from steps and on all the other days where I exercise twice a day it doesn’t meaning I get more of a calorie allowance when I do no exercise than when I do, it doesn’t really make sense to me.

You are not syncing with a Fitbit account. Where Fitbit sends to MFP calorie burn info for the day, or step figures.

You have merely selected in your MFP app to get a count of steps from a Fitbit device. That's all, no other info.

MFP has no idea if steps is for exercise, the expected part of daily living they already account for, or extra movement steps beyond what they account for.

The calories from those steps is super rough anyway as distance is totally estimated.
    They have no idea when you entered a workout how many of the steps/calories is now already known in your workout and should not be double-counted separate - so it removes the calories.

Since you have a device with account that will sync with MFP account (when it's working well) - you should really disable that step source setting from Fitbit.
    Go to MFP Apps and sync to Fitbit account.
    Take it from there.
    Don't enter workouts on MFP since they are on Fitbit already.