Women 200lb+, Let's Be Adaptable This April!!!

Options

Replies

• KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    Where have I been? Life is a bit busier I guess. I didn’t even log yesterday but I caught up today. I didn’t even get a chance to check out this thread.

@speyerj Woohoo! Congrats on hitting 100 lbs. Glad the sprained healed quickly.

@tgraves1972 you found this thread on your 1st day? I am impressed. I had been looking for something like this for a while. Water and walking are a great place to start.

@changeforeverlj the beginner Zumba videos were too advanced for me too but I just adjust the way I do things. It did help that I had done it before. Nice check-in.

@AlexanderFindsHerself I wish I put my week together on Sundays. Mondays are a bit too late for that. Wow a whole weeks menu to check into! I needed to add a few new meal ideals to my list

@torihudson6 nice to see you feeling yourself again. Nice comparison photo showing a lot of progress.

@vtkayakgirl Happy belated birthday
    @pamiede I lost my Dad when I was in college. He was great and it took a while for me to not get sad. Now I just wish my kids could have known him.

@jm216 I used to have piles of clean laundry around too. Then my husband started doing it. He is smart. He just puts it in our room and lets us fold and put it away.

@rbarkernc There is a lot that is needed to know before anyone can comment too effectively. How long have you been eating at a calorie deficit? What is your deficit, height, weight, age? It may be a matter of waiting a little longer. You can find a BMR and TDEE calculators to see what your deficit is. After losing for a while your body can start fighting weight loss by adjusting your metabolism. It took me a while to understand my patterns of weight loss and then your body changes. That is why I use a spreadsheet so I can figure out what is going on. Are you drinking enough water and getting enough sleep?

@orangequilt I agree, I think this is the week.

@CupcakeCrusoe I like how you just go with the flow. If one exercise doesn’t seem right for the day you find something else that works.

@speyerj for me a week or 3 is not a plateau. Nice reward

@mmdeveau Wow 4 “

@finngirl61 I am close to your age and have the same knee issue. I miss Aquafit!

@_confunded_ sounds like an interesting plan and it is keeping you focused on the best things

@wholebygrace the trick is to start eating the way you want to for the rest of your life to be healthy, enjoy what you eat but eat when you are hungry and stop when you are satisfied. So find a deficit that lets you do that and that gets you ready to maintain when you reach that goal.

• cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    rheinn1979 wrote: »
    I would like to join too! I lost 100lbs 10 years ago, and after a demanding job, wedding and 3 kids (including twins!) my body is heavier than ever. I have that weird fupa that folds over and sometimes, I lift it to remember what is was like before I was heavy, before my back and hips started hurting, before my EVERYTHING jiggled! I don't want to remember the good old days, I want to live them! So, here I am. I'm glad I found you!

Stats
    41, 5'5"
    Starting weight: 241.9 4/19/20
    Current: 239.6
    Goal: 1- 215, ultimate goal: 135

Welcome! Folks here are very supportive and responsive. It's a terrific group who will provide encouragement anytime your's is waning ... and be cheerleaders for you to help celebrate your successes. Have a great day! :)
  • rpbarkernc
    rpbarkernc Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    KeriA wrote: »
    @rheinn1979 We are glad you found us too.

@rpbarkernc The most I have ever lost in a weigh in was 4 lbs. Wow that is great. You are getting close to your goal. What are refit classes?

@wholebygrace I did C25K and learned to love running. Then I threw out my knee doing Zumba and they said it was arthritis and to stop running. However I have been reading that running can help arthritis so I am running in my back yard on the soft grass. I can’t get up much speed but I was always a slow smooth runner.

@cesse47 I loved your story about the RS cruise. It brought back wonderful memories. When my son graduated from law school he asked me what I always wanted to do. I told him. I wanted to go on a cruise. My son had a summer associate position before graduating and they had asked him to work for them after he graduated so he know he would be able to do something nice. Well he went on a cruise a few years after starting to work and that year texted me and said he wanted to send his parents on a cruise. We went a year and a half ago in the early fall. We loved it. We walked around the boat every morning and every night and we spent the afternoon in the pool. Everyone else was laying around the pool with drinks and my husband and I were doing aquafit when we were not in a port. In fact I invented couples aquafit on that cruise. We slept in (etc. ;) ) then we went and had a full breakfast usually buffet before our walk. We had a full dinner (early seating) too but we didn’t have lunch. Once we went to tea in the afternoon. Or we had a small snack if we were hungry. In port we went to a beach and walked. We had one lunch (jerk chicken) in one port we went on a tour of Mayan ruins with some walking and had a Margaritas and quacamole and chips before boarding our ship in another. I didn’t lose a ton but I lost weight on that cruise. So glad I got to do that before this pandemic came along.

@noiseydonut glad to see you again. Never giving up is the key. Nice progress this week!

@AlexandraFindsHerself Yes please I am sure I could improve my current baby food planning attempts. I was telling my family about you last night as we ate BBQ ribs (my BBQ sauce) and potato salad. That is what I ate the night before losing a pound. This is the rest of our lives we need to make this sustainable and I am going to have to know how to be thin and still eat ribs every month or two. I think I want a baby ewok plushie instead ;).

@shorepine I have been thinking about vegetable gardens. I have not had time for them lately, until now, but I keep thinking about not having fresh produce. Mondays seem to be my hard day.

I know it! Now I hadn’t lost anything in 9 days so it’s like I just dropped it all at one time. Refit is a workout class. It’s dance cardio and Refit Rev is low impact high intensity strength training. They have groups all over the country but right now they aren’t meeting. They have an on demand website where you can watch their classes in their home studio live and on demand. It’s based out of Waco Texas. They are still recording live classes but no one is attending but the instructors. It’s really fun! There is a group at my church but I don’t attend because it’s a commute so usually I hit the gym but during this quarantine I’m using Refit as a tool to workout at home.
    www.refitrev.con
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    @Muttinm - your story is an inspiration and proof positive that baby steps add up to giant progress!

I learned an good core exercise from my physical therapist recently - you put a pillow or cushion on the floor (ideally a memory foam pillow if you have one) and try to balance on one leg for 20 seconds. Then switch legs. You can do several reps of these. It's not as easy as it sounds! I recommend you do it near a wall so you can use it for balance if you need it until you get stronger.
  • changeforeverlj
    changeforeverlj Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    @Muttinm I loved reading your story! Thanks, I was cheering you on riding your bike in the car park! You have got what we call 'vasbyt' which is endurance! Have an awesome Wednesday!!