Women 200lb+, Let's Be Adaptable This April!!!

Options

Replies

• changeforeverlj
    changeforeverlj Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    @speyerj I love the idea of rewarding yourself every 25lbs! I think I'm going to do it too! By the way, those shoes are really funky.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Good morning ladies! I know I have been quiet on here lately but I come here every day to catch up and see how everyone is doing. You all are more inspiring than you know. Today marks my 1 year anniversary using MFP and as I reflect on how far I have come and how far I still have to go. I just wanted to say thank you for all your stories, wisdom and encouragement. I never knew how much this group has meant to me. I honestly share more here with you all than I do with those around me. You all know the struggles and know how even a small loss feels so good.
    My stats:
    04/22/19 -288
    04/22/20 -195 95 lost!!
    Didn't quite hit 100lbs lost within a year but I am proud of my progress. That feeling is new to me. Thank you for letting me share. Love to you all! Have a great day!! ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’•

You really inspire me, because that's the type of weight loss I'm trying for. Keep on keeping on!

• finngirl61
    finngirl61 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you found us @finngirl61! I know from experience that the idea of having to lose 100 pounds or more seems insurmountable when you begin. But right now, all you have to do is lose 2 pounds in 10 days. Before long those 2 pound increments will add up. Right now, set your sights on logging and if you can manage it, move just a little more than you did yesterday. That is really enough.

Welcome also @wholebygrace. You are so right about not going into too high a deficit. I often say that my goal of this weight loss journey has been to make it as easy as I can for myself. For me that meant small changes that I could manage. You have to meet yourself where you are at right now. The rest will come in time.

@duebedm - You made good progress!

@_confunded_ good for you for staying within your limits (and you can adjust the MFP settings to give you more calories if that seems like a more sustainable option). I'm interested to find out what your month end weight will be! I don't know how you manage the suspense!

For those of you who've been with me on my journey for a while, you may know that I devised a plan to reward myself for each 25 pound I dropped. And my go to reward has been John Fluevog shoes. They are expensive and frivolous, which makes them perfect for the occassion. So here's my 100 pound loss reward:
    nrutadjml7kq.jpg

Thanks @speyerj!!! You continue to be an inspiration and I like your specific suggestions! Cool shoes; are they comfortable? ๐Ÿ˜Š
  • finngirl61
    finngirl61 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! I know I have been quiet on here lately but I come here every day to catch up and see how everyone is doing. You all are more inspiring than you know. Today marks my 1 year anniversary using MFP and as I reflect on how far I have come and how far I still have to go. I just wanted to say thank you for all your stories, wisdom and encouragement. I never knew how much this group has meant to me. I honestly share more here with you all than I do with those around me. You all know the struggles and know how even a small loss feels so good.
    My stats:
    04/22/19 -288
    04/22/20 -195 95 lost!!
    Didn't quite hit 100lbs lost within a year but I am proud of my progress. That feeling is new to me. Thank you for letting me share. Love to you all! Have a great day!! ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’•

How awesome and inspiring!!!
  • Candyn617
    Candyn617 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    @finngirl61 Thank you! โค
  • MuttiNM
    MuttiNM Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    @speyerj and @changeforeverlj Thank you! @speyerj Thanks for the exercise suggestion. I'll definitely give that a try. And I will do it near a wall...my balance could use some improvement as well. :)
  • MuttiNM
    MuttiNM Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    @Candyn617 Congrats on your anniversary and your weight loss in that year! I agree with how much this group means. And, like you, I share more here than with those around me. Good luck as you continue your journey!
  • Candyn617
    Options
    @MuttiNM thank you so much! This really is an awesome group! You have been doing awesome, btw! Thank you for sharing your journey with us! ๐Ÿ’•
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Tonight wasn't a traditional shrimp scampi, but it was good enough that I'm going to write down what I did and go through the slog of entering it in MFP. And putting it on a recipe card.
  • Candyn617
    Options
    @aliciap0116 and @shorepine Thank you ladies! I always enjoy reading your posts on here! Always insiteful and encouraging. Thank you for sharing your experiences and journeys on here! ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’•