Atkins Support Group

Options

Replies

• kittrelle
    Options
    Ketosis=Vivid dreams??

Have any of you noticed anything weird about your dreams when you're in ketosis? I am the type to never remember my dreams, but after my bday bash I went back on strict induction and sure enough have been having VERY vivid/ sometimes disturbing dreams to the point where when I wake up I think, "Did that really happen?" Anybody else or am I a nutcase??
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    The only problem I sometimes get is insomnia.
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I started doing Atkins a week ago. I have 10 pounds left to lose. I lost about 2 pounds right up front, but now it is just fluctuating between 2 pounds. I did Induction for a week, and then decided to up the carbs a bit and go on to OWL since I am so close to my goal. I NET between 15-25 carbs a day...what gives...It is so frustrating that nothing is happening! My diary is open for those who want to take a look!

Thanks!
  • dittiepe
    Options
    I started doing Atkins a week ago. I have 10 pounds left to lose. I lost about 2 pounds right up front, but now it is just fluctuating between 2 pounds. I did Induction for a week, and then decided to up the carbs a bit and go on to OWL since I am so close to my goal. I NET between 15-25 carbs a day...what gives...It is so frustrating that nothing is happening! My diary is open for those who want to take a look!

Thanks!

You might want to actually lower your protein a bit. Also, you should be getting around 1300-1500 calories/day and you're pretty far under that with not even hitting 1200 on several days last week.
    Also, are you not logging your water intake? You should be drinking a lot of water on atkins.
  • AKosky585
    Options
    OK, thanks...I will definitely try this!

So lower protein and I assume up the fat a bit?

I have set for 50% fat, 40% protein, 10% carbs, but I don't think I reach 10% carbs. I always get 8 or more glasses of water a day.

Thanks!

You might want to actually lower your protein a bit. Also, you should be getting around 1300-1500 calories/day and you're pretty far under that with not even hitting 1200 on several days last week.
    Also, are you not logging your water intake? You should be drinking a lot of water on atkins.
  • louisee294
    louisee294 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I've got exactly the same problem, been doing this for 3 weeks and have lost 11lbs, but now it's just stopped. Fed up of seeing 186.2 on my scale.

I think I'm probably eating too much protein and not enough fibre and too few calories. I'll change my goals to 40% protein and 50% fat too, and make a real effort to eat over 1200 cals.

Can anyone tell me what they would typically eat in a day to achieve this?
  • louisee294
    louisee294 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Also, At the moment I'm doing a heavy workout 4 times a week and logging the calories. I'm not eating more than 20g carbs, but I do tend to eat more fat and protein those days as the levels increase when I log the calories. Should I just be eating the same as any other day?
  • dittiepe
    Options
    Hi ladies. Definitely up the fat on both accounts. If you're under your calories, add oils and/or butter to your meals to help bump them up. I think you should actually be more 55-60% fat, 35-30% protein, 10% carbs. But your results may vary, of course :)
    You should be hitting as close to 20 net carbs as you can and the majority of those should be veggies. So be sure that you have veggies with every main meals.

The more you exercise, the more water you should be drinking. A minimum of 8 glasses/day. I usually go for 10-12.

You can take a look at my diary, it's public. However, remember this: I had gastric bypass, so I can't actually eat 1300+ calories. I can barely eat 1200, but I do add the fats to my diet to increase the calories as best I can :)
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Woohoo I think the whoosh fairy finally made her way to Las Vegas guess she got tired of the hurricanes on the East coast or the temp went down a little here so she thought it was safe to visit.:laugh: I was at 306.5 when I went to the doctor on Wednesday and this morning I was at 300 exactly.:drinker: I upped my calories and tried to get in more fat than protein. I didn't think I would lose any since i have eaten a carrot cake cupcake every day and two on Saturday but they were homemade with coconut flour which is almost all fiber so guess it got things out that shouldn't be in and the increase in calories and fat got the metabolism revved.
  • fatcitizen
    fatcitizen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    would someone please post the MIM chocolate recipe for me....I know it is on here but I can't seem to find it.... silly me for not printing it when I found it the first time....thanks...:smile:
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    http://www.atkins.com/Recipes/ShowRecipe905/Muffin-in-a-Minute-(MIM).aspx

That is the link for the MIM and you use 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder instead of cinnamon.

Here is another version that is chocolate and spice: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=153406
  • dittiepe
    Options
    would someone please post the MIM chocolate recipe for me....I know it is on here but I can't seem to find it.... silly me for not printing it when I found it the first time....thanks...:smile:

I have it, and many variations, listed on my website. The address is in my sig :)
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Woohoo I think the whoosh fairy finally made her way to Las Vegas guess she got tired of the hurricanes on the East coast or the temp went down a little here so she thought it was safe to visit.:laugh: I was at 306.5 when I went to the doctor on Wednesday and this morning I was at 300 exactly.:drinker: I upped my calories and tried to get in more fat than protein. I didn't think I would lose any since i have eaten a carrot cake cupcake every day and two on Saturday but they were homemade with coconut flour which is almost all fiber so guess it got things out that shouldn't be in and the increase in calories and fat got the metabolism revved.

Woohoo for the WF visit. Can you send her back to me please? That's a great weight loss. I'm thinking that I need to up my fat too. I just started cooking more things in butter and I am on a quest to find coconut oil. I fell of the wagon badly last week with me being off from work and hanging out with my kid in parks and amusement parks almost everyday. I'll tell you, there are not many low-carb friendly options out there. Yesterday I went to a county fair and brought an Atkins bar with me just in case I got tempted by the funnel cake or fried Oreos. I ended up eating a beef kabob and my Atkins bar. My step dad had an overflowing sausage and pepper hero, and hubby had a chicken gyro.
  • jaycee76
    jaycee76 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

I am just starting back on induction after a 3 week break from OWL (tried to introduce good carbs but just could not stop eating!). Previous to this I did 6 weeks and lost 13lbs.
    I only want to lose about 6 more lbs but I need to get it off quickly (I am getting married in 4.5 weeks and my dress is a little tight ... it fits but I would like the extra comfort!)
    I can't believe I have only just found the support group! I have posted so many things in the past about low carb and had no response (apart from the carb cops that have nothing better to do with their time).

So, basically I am asking if I can join the gang and if anyone would like to add me to support and help each other?

Well done on the good work everyone!

Jaycee x
  • dittiepe
    Options
    Hi All!

I am just starting back on induction after a 3 week break from OWL (tried to introduce good carbs but just could not stop eating!). Previous to this I did 6 weeks and lost 13lbs.
    I only want to lose about 6 more lbs but I need to get it off quickly (I am getting married in 4.5 weeks and my dress is a little tight ... it fits but I would like the extra comfort!)
    I can't believe I have only just found the support group! I have posted so many things in the past about low carb and had no response (apart from the carb cops that have nothing better to do with their time).

So, basically I am asking if I can join the gang and if anyone would like to add me to support and help each other?

Jaycee x

Hi Jaycee and welcome! 4.5 weeks eh? That's not bad at all. :) Good luck!
  • AKosky585
    Options
    Can anyone tell me if Caesar salad...minus croutons...is safe on induction?
  • dittiepe
    Options
    Can anyone tell me if Caesar salad...minus croutons...is safe on induction?

The only thing you'd have to worry about would be the dressing. Just make sure it's not got a lot of sugar in it. Otherwise, without the croutons, you should be fine :)
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Welcome Jaycee!:flowerforyou:

MommaToSam- I need her for a little longer I still have 5 more to get back to where I was then you can have her for a little while.:laugh: I need her back at the end of the month before I weigh in with my doc again.:wink:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

Jaycee x

if you really really must drop weight quickly google PSMF or lyle mcdonalds rapid fat loss solution
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Send that Whoosh Fairy south! I inexplicably gained 2 pounds on Saturday and I'd like them gone. Woke up, weighed in at 127.8 and on Sunday morning weighed in at 129.8! I know it's not a true weight gain (water) because I actually under-ate a bit on Saturday and didn't work out. All I can figure is that the 5 hours in the 90°+ heat at the football game must have done something to me. However, I still haven't dropped any weight and it's now Monday afternoon. :sad: