So you fell off the wagon eh?...

Options

Replies

• Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Forgive me father for I have sinned. Found a recipe for lush brocolli and corn calzone but had to improvise with some ingredients when I bought them which, once i added them into MFP doubled the calorie content. I cannot explain how disgusted with myself I was, but I ate it and I hated it and then I had a huge blow out. Full bottle of wine, biscuits, chocolate :'( How come when you hate what you've done you make it worse

Aww, I just want to look after you!

It'll be ok. You can start again tomorrow, everything's going to be ok

Aw thanks, I'm fine today. I've never felt so disappointed with myself as I did yesterday though. Think I was massively disappointed in the crap outcome of the pizza too though so it was a double whammy lol

I know exactly where you're coming from, but you have to know when it's best to give up and put the rubbish in the bin instead of you. There's really no point in eating something bad for you if you're not going to enjoy it.

normally I'm good at that and don't make particularly bad choices. Think it was more the fact that I had to make substitutes to the actual healthy recipe due to lack of options at the supermarket. It just knocked me on an already low day.

I'm back on the horse now though and am raring to go again.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I sometimes get a cocktail to the size of a pint before I realise I can't add anything that will make it taste good after some substitutions
  • 1_up
    1_up Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Forgive me I have sinned, I couldnt stop laughing at that dogs *kitten*!

lol i felt like I had a first class ticket to hell laughing at that :D Beats going coach I guess :P
  • 1_up
    Options
    Forgive me father for I have sinned. Found a recipe for lush brocolli and corn calzone but had to improvise with some ingredients when I bought them which, once i added them into MFP doubled the calorie content. I cannot explain how disgusted with myself I was, but I ate it and I hated it and then I had a huge blow out. Full bottle of wine, biscuits, chocolate :'( How come when you hate what you've done you make it worse

Give me the chocolate and all is forgiven! Carry on!
  • Estela565
    Options
    You are too funny! well yesterday i ate a chocolate chip cookie but thankfully didnt go over my cals... so i guess im not really that bad lol
  • 1_up
    Options
    You are too funny! well yesterday i ate a chocolate chip cookie but thankfully didnt go over my cals... so i guess im not really that bad lol

Thats where that cookie went! All is well. The cookies are meant for those of the dark side :D
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options

Give me the chocolate and all is forgiven! Carry on!

Wow thanks for that. If I'd known forgiveness would be so forthcoming and gratifying I'd have confessed to much more, maybe not all food realted :noway:
  • 1_up
    Options
    haha now you know! I'll take some Molson or Vodka next time. Thank you come again:wink:
  • futurefitgirl88
    Options
    hAHA today was good...but i was sick over the weekend and ate way too much (lol sickness increases appetite for me for some reason)....I ate ben and jerries ice cream, pop corn and cake!!!!!!!!!! lol not all in the same day though!!! I wanted to die, because I felt such guilt!
  • 1_up
    Options
    hAHA today was good...but i was sick over the weekend and ate way too much (lol sickness increases appetite for me for some reason)....I ate ben and jerries ice cream, pop corn and cake!!!!!!!!!! lol not all in the same day though!!! I wanted to die, because I felt such guilt!

Ben and Jerrys Phish food sounds great! :D I understand such temptation. All is forgiven!
  • joyfulthanks
    Options
    I know exactly where you're coming from, but you have to know when it's best to give up and put the rubbish in the bin instead of you. There's really no point in eating something bad for you if you're not going to enjoy it.

That's the truth! I had some pepperoni rolls that were leftover from yesterday (the last day of my vacation). I didn't want to eat them today -- they didn't sound good at all! I really wanted some veggies, but since we had been on vacation, the fridge was pretty bare, and I thought, "If I don't eat the pepperoni rolls, they'll go to waste."

So instead of doing what I really WANTED to do and eating healthy food, I used my body as a trashcan, and choked the pepperoni rolls down. Now I feel lousy.

I did a diet plan a few years ago whose author mentioned the concept of not using your body as a trashcan. We should value our bodies more highly than any food that might go to waste, and quit using them as trash cans. I need to remember that!
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Forgive me father i ate half a pizza and drank a six pack of beer last night.
  • 1_up
    Options
    all is well, today is a new day. Think of father the next time you have pizza and beer okay?
  • vkcooper
    Options
    Not really cheating... but so lazy I cant get my big *kitten* off the couch to exercise. Let me explain: I am a full time student and bartender. Between homework (since I am graduating in Dec it is a lot), cleaning house and working I am beat at the end of a day! Does sex count as exercise and if so why is it not in cardio exercise log??
  • Ireshgurl
    Options
    Forgive my MFP friends, for i will be sinning tonight and possibly the next few days :embarassed: . I have the parentals coming over for a few days (eeeekkkk!!!!) and i already know that i will be going over my calorie count bc i'm gonna actually try cooking something and i probably won't be excersising either........
  • 1_up
    Options
    Not really cheating... but so lazy I cant get my big *kitten* off the couch to exercise. Let me explain: I am a full time student and bartender. Between homework (since I am graduating in Dec it is a lot), cleaning house and working I am beat at the end of a day! Does sex count as exercise and if so why is it not in cardio exercise log??

You get a free pass until December on the Exercise! Sex can be labeled as wrestling!
  • 1_up
    Options
    Forgive my MFP friends, for i will be sinning tonight and possibly the next few days :embarassed: . I have the parentals coming over for a few days (eeeekkkk!!!!) and i already know that i will be going over my calorie count bc i'm gonna actually try cooking something and i probably won't be excersising either........

Hope you have fun! Get back on track once they leave :D I"ll be watching you :P
  • cazzincali
    cazzincali Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    i think i fell off the wagon had it ride over me and then got hit by the rest of the wagon train, but i'm limping along in the vague direction it went in to try and catch it up. i have no will power and no motivation, but i DO want to lose some weight and get fitter. so far today is going well but i may as well confess that by the end of today i will be over my cals, the reason why.... my boyfriend is cooking, in theory it should be a shepherds pie with veg, but i could end up with anything, he won't tell me how much of anything he used what he used and he'll pile my plate hight, but this is the only day he cooks and its not even every sunday that he does so if i kick up a fuss or don't eat most of it my god the sulking is unbareable. so that is my confession.

now did anybody see where my wagon went?

lame excuse. and excuses will keep you fat.
  • lucythinmint
    Options
    Yes Captain!! :bigsmile:
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I have a half hearted confession... I had filet mignon yesterday and two beers but I stayed under. :bigsmile: