Accountability buddy

Options

Replies

• lynne792017
    lynne792017 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am up and headed to work. Doing a lot more steps there these days. I just re-started on this site on Monday and seeing you all is really helping. Mentors from around the world. Isn't it amazing we all have similar goals? I weighed in yesterday with fingers crossed and have lost 3 pounds this month.

The idea that works for me the best is logging my food. I watch the calories for the day go down and am more careful with my food choices.

Have a great day everyone.
  • Cerizez
    Cerizez Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I’m back on track also - thanks so much peeps.
  • kiay131982
    kiay131982 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    @Cerizez great news!!!

Im apprehensive about weigh in day tomorrow... I have been so good all week and logged every last morsel, if it hasnt reflected on the scales Im going to need a huge pick me up!
    Ive already got online drinks planned with some friends tomorrow... So hopefully I can be feeling positive and just have a couple, rather than going full pirate and necking a bottle of rum!! 🤣🤣
  • lynne792017
    lynne792017 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The scale is only part of weight loss. Think of all the good parts of losing weight. How much better do you feel? Are your clothes looser? Being committed to tracking food is a really important part of weight loss and you should be really proud of yourself for that!! Making good and healthy choices is not always easy .. it is so much easier to grab something unhealthy than to grab a piece of fruit or carrots.
    Try having a glass of water between drinks tomorrow. Have a really fun visit with your friends. I miss seeing my group of friends .
  • Cerizez
    Options
    @kiay131982 - congrats on logging everything. Everything else will fall into place. That image of you ‘going full pirate and necking a full bottle’ is hilarious. I can see you in a bandana with hoop earrings.
  • kiay131982
    Options
    It wasnt great. I had a small gain. I am trying to appease myself with the knowledge that Im due my period, but in all honesty Im crushed.

@Cerizez.... Its definitely a thing I do... Im the one in a purple bandana... :) although, tonight it has been decided that I shall be a wizard. (I am a grown up... Honest!!)

m8xyb6mxusfs.jpg
  • Lashes1986
    Lashes1986 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Anyone that wants active users on their feed for motivation please feel free to add me, I could do with the motivation myself! xx
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    kiay131982 wrote: »
    It wasnt great. I had a small gain. I am trying to appease myself with the knowledge that Im due my period, but in all honesty Im crushed.

do u weigh weekly? hopefully next week will be better but try not to read too much into it especially with TOM ❤️
  • roz0810
    Options
    roz0810 wrote: »
    kiay131982 wrote: »

do u weigh weekly? hopefully next week will be better but try not to read too much into it especially with TOM ❤️

Well I did that wrong 😂
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,324 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    @roz0810 😂 I did it the same way you did the first (and only?) time I tried to quote someone! We understand all these skills we’re trying to build take practice!

@kiay131982 - Thanks for sharing the great photo ... so fun! Please don’t beat yourself up though ... unless you’re boxing in the mirror, or something; those athletes are incredibly fit, but I digress... Even when you’re not losing as much in terms of the scale, you’re training your body over time to understand it won’t starve and get used to the new normal of your system. If you stay in the healthy range of calorie intake and keep making good decisions, it will pay off. Your appetite will change and your body will start to feel satisfied with less. I’m not a professional but I’m finally starting to see some positive differences, even if the scale sometimes stalls. Let go of any guilt that’s weighing you down ... Ha, see what I did there? Pirates don’t feel guilt, right?!

Guilt is kind of a wasted emotion, if you think about it ... learn and move on so you have the right mindset to face the next decision or challenge. Off my soapbox now with apologies (but not guilt!) for getting too preachy.

@lynne792017 @ktdorahara Welcome! It’s good to have you here and I’m glad you find it helpful. I definitely look forward to seeing all the updates like your positive news ... and @kstpierre52020 and @Cerizez, congratulations to you, too! ... and to any of the dear ‘accountability buddies’ I’ve missed, keep up the wonderful work! I’m cheering for you!

P.S. @mnalsa83 - This is a bit of a late reply - so it’s a bit out of context - but my son is going to Clemson University in South Carolina, which is closer to Atlanta, Georgia than the beaches he loves (as a reference for our friends outside the U.S.). Similar, to your daughter, he’s an athlete and missing his senior year of baseball. He’s had a wonderful attitude about all the changes this year and enjoyed some time last week planning for when colleges are back in session by looking at the various places to live on campus. My older son is home from college in Boston (shoutout to @ajara13 from Massachusetts) where all my extended family lives. So, they’ve both had some adjustments to make with canceled internships and summer jobs, etc. but certainly making the best of it by focusing on fitness/ wellness and staying (virtually) connected with friends ... mostly through online video games late at night. I guess that’s what balancing independence with stay-at-home orders looks like. They know they are fortunate to be healthy, etc. On that note, I’ll wish you all continued goodwill in your very worthy pursuit of good health! Enjoy!
  • kstpierre52020
    kstpierre52020 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Fell off the wagon last night and didn’t track. I had like 700 calories left and my husband came home with pizza and beer. I didn’t even try to track them. 2 pieces of pizza and 2 beers and then tons of water. Honestly not beating myself up. It was a totally controlled decision. Back on it today.
  • kiay131982
    Options
    Thank you for your support! I decided to go for a run... And then managed to do my first 10k in a year (since an achillies injury) and I ran it faster than I did this time last year!!

Onwards and Upwards. And Rum. There WILL be rum :)rzmhxpzkib49.jpg
  • roz0810
    Options
    Good job kiay!

Yes still getting use to it again 😂
  • As_ve
    As_ve Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I hope everything is going well with you and your family. I am sorry that I haven't posted as much, I will try to write more than once a week from now on.

This week hasn't been going very well for me. The last 6 weeks I could cope pretty well with the lockdown, but this week I was sick of it and I started to feel demotivated and overwhelmed. I think I am also expecting too much of this confinement routine I have going for me. I am trying too much to make something meaningful out of this period just to keep me sane. (I am fortunately not the only one who's doing this: I read in a Belgian newspaper that these days people are teaching themselves a brand new music instrument, are learning to paint or are writing a business plan for their brand new business idea. Haha!) This week I had negative thoughts and I was wondering why I was even trying, which is weird for me because usually I am a light-hearted person and I use dark humor to cope with negative emotions.

Luckily, I didn't gain any weight, but that's not the most important thing: after feeling miserable for five days, I woke up in a good mood again! I am baaack B) I went for a run, had a healthy and tasty burrito and after this post I will try to study for that French test I will be having at the end of May. I can even laugh now at how pathetic I looked on Tuesday: I was eating chocolate waffles with extra Nutella on top while emotionally binge-watching the first two seasons of Gilmore Girls (those are the best episodes, when Rory is still a good girl). At the same time, I am kinda proud that I managed to keep some of my healthy habits while I was feeling this miserable.
  • CatieMay123
    CatieMay123 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello friends! I haven’t been checking in so much lately, I figured I’d let you know how everything is going. I was getting so discouraged because I thought I was doing everything right yet the scale wasn’t moving. Well I’m happy to say since starting the recommended timed nutrition paired with 80 day obsession I lost 2 pounds this week and I’m feeling amazing. I started adding on a mile or two run following my workout until I hit 400 calories burned/workout. Feeling great!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. All the support is amazing!

If anyone else here uses beachbody on demand, let me know. I recently became a coach and being part of our team gives you access to a private Facebook group of about 100 other people and the support and motivation there is amazing as well. I’d love to help everyone stay on the right track.

❤️

Awesome job, let’s keep this going!!!
  • CatieMay123
    CatieMay123 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    5kw8gz996y9d.jpeg

I feel 1000 times better after cutting out most processed foods and following this meal program. The difference is unreal. 💪🏻
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Been a great week. Was active every day. Walking, treadmill, and weights. Today is extremely windy. Having a very lazy Sunday. Netflix, reading doing nothing. Lol. Possibly will go down to lift weights later and do my squats but no walking or treadmill today. Possibly will make some
    Buns. Hope everyone is doing well.

@kiay131982 awesome job on your 10km.
  • As_ve
    As_ve Posts: 19 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    @kiay131982 I totally forgot to congratulate you. 10 miles is quite an achievement, keep it up! 💪 It will take me another year to try this again. If I run too many miles/km at once, my knees will start to hurt.

@CatieMay123 That looks absolutely delicious and you are absolutely right. It feels great to have home cooked and healthy meals. I am currently discovering the recipes on this app, and they haven't let me down yet. That's actually not entirely true. One recipe did suck: it was a green smoothie with spinach and kale in it. I could have guessed it wouldn't taste like a red velvet cake.😅

@renaegry Sounds fun! What do you usually watch on Netflix?

~ Time to write down my monthly motivation/ goals in public: (May 2020)
    1. IF (12:00-20:00), walk every day, run 3x a week
    2. Goal weight: 57 kg
    3. I will take more time for myself and I will learn how to say no to other people.
    4. I will take care of myself and dress up. This month I have only worn black yoga pants and sweaters.
    5. I want to take some time every day to be more creative. I love to draw and I would really like to improve at it.
    6. When I will be able to see my family again, I will be nice to them by cooking for them and spending quality time.
  • Cerizez
    Options
    I made bread. I smells amazing. I’m hungry, but resisting - it’s 8pm here this evening and I don’t eat between 6pm and 8am.

Countdown.
  • Cerizez
    Options
    @Astrid_Vervoort - that smoothie sounds vile.