Women 200lb+, Let's Be Adaptable This April!!!

Options

Replies

• finngirl61
    finngirl61 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    speyerj wrote: »
    Weekly check-in:
    Name: Jane
    Height: 5'9''
    SW: 286.5
    GW: 180 - will likely try for another 10 pounds when I get here.
    3/31: 192.2
    4/4: 190.2
    4/11: 188.1
    4/18: 184.4 Woohoo!
    4/25: 185.3
    4/30:

Goals for April:
    Lose 100 pounds from Starting Weight - even with a gain this week, still holding on to the 100 pound loss
    Run 4x/week - did 5x this week!
    Get comfortable with a 5 mile run - I've got this down pat. .
    Increase highest mileage to 8 miles - Tried for 8 miles today. I was overdressed and when the sun came out, I was too hot. I confess that I walked about 2 of the 8 miles. I'll try again for 8 miles in 2 weeks.
    Accurately log my food - well, I took a logging break on Sunday. It was by daughter's birthday, and I made a conscious decision to take a logging break. I had a carb fest for dessert and promptly gained 5 pounds over the next two day. But I could see it was water weight. So even though I gained .9 pounds from last week, I've still lost 1.3 pounds of fat, so all is good.
    Stay well - Whole family is still well. I count my blessings every day.

May all of you stay well too. I just want to say that where ever you are in your progress, the fact that you are mindful enough to be logging in and reading support threads is enough right now. Even is you see no progress, that is enough. These are extraordinary times. Above all, be kind and forgiving to yourself. You are doing the best you can. And that is enough.

You ate the best!
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    rheinn1979 wrote: »
    Anyone else here have a thyroidectomy or hypothyroid? I've been eating at a calorie deficit of at least 1000 calories a day for a week, and the scale is not budging off of 239. What does a chick have to do to lose weight around here?? Last year, by this point, I would have been down 10 lbs. Having no thyroid sucks, would not recommend. One star.

I don't have those issues but did a general search and found a thread that may be of help. It's ---

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10767046/hypothyroidism-and-weight-management/p1

It was started in 2019 but had posts in March of this year. You may want to do a search on the main Message Boards page to see what other threads are out there that might also be of help. Good Luck!!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Took the lemon meringue pie (which came out lovely) up to my mom, along with some of the ham and beans and cornbread, chocolate for "the boys" (My sons and my younger son's partner live with her) and a loaf of chocolate bread for them too. Also cards for the April birthdays (Younger Son's was 4/3, Mom's is 4/28) and a Mother's Day card. I gave them a puzzle, too, as something they all might enjoy working on. And they don't have a kitten to jump on the table and play with the pieces, as we do.