Starving and miserable

Options
Absolutley starving and miserable on 1200 calories a day. My doctor told me 1200 and no carb (other than veggies) and i will lose weight. Im miserable. And so hungry. Feel i have no energy and just want to lie down all day and sleep. Can i not increase it a bit?

Replies

• JK1542020
    JK1542020 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Mfp has also set me at 1200 though? When i signed up? I tey to hae as much veg and healthy fat as i can within the 1200 but the food is boring and i just hate it. Average day would be bfast - eggs and veggies. Lunch - salad with various veg and greens, some combination of tuna/eggs/cheese/olives/avocado. Dinner small peice of salmon, vegetables including usually something like small serving butternut sqaush. Snacks usually nuts or string cheese.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    lightly active is walking about 4000 steps a day (sedentary is less than 3000) - MFP does NOT include purposeful exercise in your calorie count (so if you do like a workout video - it expects you to eat back at least a portion of those calories)
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    freelymama wrote: »
    lightly active is walking about 4000 steps a day (sedentary is less than 3000) - MFP does NOT include purposeful exercise in your calorie count (so if you do like a workout video - it expects you to eat back at least a portion of those calories)

Why does it make any difference if the activity is purposeful excersise or spread through the day? Surely its calories out either way?

Because exercise ramps up more than average daily activity would.
    And the way MFP works is you don't account for the exercise UNTIL it is actually done.

You may be in lock down - but if you are a mama - are you really sitting on the couch all day (ALL day) vegging out to streaming?
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Unicorn_Bacon Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Because if log the exercise, and are set to lightly active and you arent, you would be eating too many calories back because your double dipping

And if you didnt log the exercise and didnt burn what is calculated by being lightly active, you would end up having a smaller deficit and slower loss because you would be eating too much