To Mordor!

Options

Replies

• Smores18
    Smores18 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Can I come too!? That's just the sort of epic adventure I need in my life right now!
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    23 miles last week...
    61 miles so far!
  • samvanz
    samvanz Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Finally got over that "The Road Rolls Up & Down" bit, rushed through the resting, eating, and resting more, and now I'm in the unfortunate company of a black rider... I feel like I'm actually getting somewhere at this stage, and am very much looking forward to meeting elves in the next few days!
  • darrynflame
    Options
    I managed to get in a few miles in the last few days, putting my current total at 12.63 miles. So I have ...

Hobbiton hidden as slopes rise and fall.

Stop in a birch grove. Eat a frugal supper (ca. 10 p.m.).
  • ElvenMother427
    Options
    Hello there. Would love to join in. :)
  • VelvetKey
    VelvetKey Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hello there. Would love to join in. :)

If you haven't seen this link yet, go here:

http://home.insightbb.com/~eowynchallenge/

Some of us less hardy folk have chosen to do the journey in smaller segments; look through the different paths and pick what you want to do! Although I've chosen to go to Rivendell, some other (smarter) people decided that the Prancing Pony was a good goal (~135 miles or something) before tackling the next part.

Looking up through some of the posts, many of us have added tickers to keep track of our progress. Every so often, come back and report your progress!

See you on the road. :)

This cheeky hobbit lass has crossed the Brandywine Bridge and is now touring Tookland.
  • ncwingnut71
    ncwingnut71 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I am so happy I have found this post!! I have done portions of the Eowyn Challenge over the years and am actually going to track it better this time :)

starting today....I have been off plan for about a week and a half now and getting back on track today with my gym stuff and everything. This is a huge help!!
  • linbee83
    Options
    Hah! I got to see Farmer Maggot today! And he's giving us a ride in his cart!

My ticker is giving me issues with updating, but I'm up to 64.25 miles!
  • darrynflame
    Options
    14.57 miles!!

Today I Reach Stock Road!
  • ncwingnut71
    ncwingnut71 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    3.5 miles yesterday, shooting for 10 between the bike and the elliptical today.

Yesterday, I ended at "cross the water on a plank bridge". I started a journal for this, lol.

Last year at this time, I was walking about 80-100 miles a week. Trying to get back there now, but it's been a challenge!
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I'm only about 13 miles from Bree!! 13 miles from meeting Aragorn!!!!
  • sadielane
    sadielane Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Road ahead runs fairly straight and level. Behind them it curves slightly. BLACK RIDER. Sam and Pippin hide in a hollow. Frodo behind tree by road.

Keep a stone's throw left of the road...slower going.
  • janski2
    Options
    This is great!!
  • Angelgrl86
    Angelgrl86 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Less than a mile from Tom's house! ^_^
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    10.5 miles to Bree! Strider is about to "catch a glimpse" of us. :P
  • VelvetKey
    VelvetKey Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Say 'hi' to Aragorn for me; it'll be awhile before I see him.

Almost to Stock Road; will get there on my lunchtime walk. ^_^
  • ooOOooGravy
    ooOOooGravy Posts: 476 Member
    Options

Aragorn, Im a hetrosexual male, and i still would! lol On my way from Cricklow to Bree now :)
  • darrynflame
    Options
    15.5 miles! I Begin to sing. Walk through a deeply cloven track between tall trees.
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options

Aragorn, Im a hetrosexual male, and i still would! lol On my way from Cricklow to Bree now :)

He is undenyable in a totally awesome kind of way :P
  • ElvenMother427
    Options
    10 Miles done so far :):) A good start :)