women who dont shave

Replies

• LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    I love this question and all the replies! I live in Texas and I shave every few days because it's warm to scorching most months of the year. However, I have baby fine, very thin hair on my head and almost everywhere else it's unnoticeable. Think I might not shave and see how long it takes my husband to notice...

He’ll notice in about a week. But he won’t mention it right away.

In three months he’ll start telling his buddies about how you've let yourself go.

Then he’ll start letting his toenails grow out and pooping with the door open.

A year from now you’ll be having an argument about whose turn it is to take out the trash and THAT’s when he’ll finally tell you that he noticed.

I mean, maybe not. Sometimes I just make up stories.

Lol, oh darn you're probably right and now I need to keep shaving these stubby things. I got excited for a little while.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    I love this question and all the replies! I live in Texas and I shave every few days because it's warm to scorching most months of the year. However, I have baby fine, very thin hair on my head and almost everywhere else it's unnoticeable. Think I might not shave and see how long it takes my husband to notice...

In three months he’ll start telling his buddies about how you've let yourself go.

A year from now you’ll be having an argument about whose turn it is to take out the trash and THAT’s when he’ll finally tell you that he noticed.

Lol, oh darn you're probably right and now I need to keep shaving these stubby things. I got excited for a little while.

Do what makes you happy in the big picture I guess. Even if that includes making your partner happy. 😊
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member

Oh man, either I have an awesome husband in this regard or the most clueless man on the planet. :grimace:

I've gone a month or more without shaving and he didn't notice/care. :lol:
  • TwitchyMacGee
    edited May 2020

Oh man, either I have an awesome husband in this regard or the most clueless man on the planet. :grimace:

I think I know just what you mean.

For me that’s a mixed blessing, if you’ll excuse the expression.

A man who doesn’t care much about conventions or physical appearances is so refreshing and again, FOR ME, makes an excellent friend.

But sometimes I do like being appreciated for beauty things, and the extra time and effort it takes to primp and groom and take care of my physical body. I’m not really talking specifically about hair removal because that’s such an individual preference thing, but just generally.

I guess I’m saying I like a man to notice when I want him to notice and not at other times.

Eta: IRL i have experienced the mutual “letting ourselves go” but not the other stuff.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,612 Member

A man who doesn’t care much about conventions or physical appearances is so refreshing and again, FOR ME, makes an excellent friend.

But sometimes I do like being appreciated for beauty things, and the extra time and effort it takes to primp and groom and take care of my physical body. I’m not really talking specifically about hair removal because that’s such an individual preference thing, but just generally.

I guess I’m saying I like a man to notice when I want him to notice and not at other times.

Lol. And this would drive a man crazy...but I totally get. And yet they notice when my nails look like crap but not that I'm wearing a sexy new dress :(
  • TwitchyMacGee

Lol. And this would drive a man crazy...but I totally get. And yet they notice when my nails look like crap but not that I'm wearing a sexy new dress :(

No one ever said I was easy. Er, I mean... never mind
  • KosmosKitten

100% understand and agree.

He notices things I don't want noticed, but it a positive way.. and he doesn't notice other things (like the fact that I've had gray hairs since I was 30). Or if he does notice them, he really doesn't seem to care about them, which in some ways is awesome, but in other ways discourages me from ever really wanting to "try" to do anything out of the ordinary for him.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    U

He notices things I don't want noticed, but it a positive way.. and he doesn't notice other things (like the fact that I've had gray hairs since I was 30). Or if he does notice them, he really doesn't seem to care about them, which in some ways is awesome, but in other ways discourages me from ever really wanting to "try" to do anything out of the ordinary for him.

He sounds like a good guy
  • KosmosKitten
    U

He sounds like a good guy

Heh, to put up with me? Yep. :lol:
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member

dis me
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member

Smart men say nothing, ever, about the hairy legs.

I agree...not important, or shouldn't be anyway. I totally agree...
  • Abs_magee89
    Abs_magee89 Posts: 127 Member
    I think long armpit hair is pretty gnarly looking, even on men. I let stubble happen on my legs and my arm hair is pretty long, but I don't mess around with armpit hair, especially in the summer. I have yet to meet a man or a woman with armpit hair that did have a particular musk I wasn't fond of. To each their own, just not my preference.
  • mydogisthebestdogever
    mydogisthebestdogever Posts: 703 Member
    I'm a woman and I think it looks gross on a woman and I shave daily but my guy friend says it's hot because it's different/taboo, seen as kinky.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Sorry but I never knew shaving was a thing until i read a discussion like this one in a magazine some years ago.

My mother nor my wife shave. Didn't look at my sisters that way so I don't know. I suspect my younger daughter does, but not the older one.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Idc what other people do as long as I can’t smell you 🙂 then you make it my business.
  • imtrying3
    imtrying3 Posts: 28 Member
    My leg hair is very light, so I don't always shave! I shave my armpits once a week! Usually if I'm going out I will shave *everywhere* jic ;) And usually at the beach I will be fully shaven. But I don't stress too much about it. If someone tells me that it is gross to have a little bit of leg hair (especially if this person is not female), I will promptly unfriend that person! It's ridiculous to expect women to shave multiple times a week! Leg hair grows very fast, and the majority of women can't afford laser hair removal!