women who dont shave

Replies

• maddyk91
    maddyk91 Posts: 193 Member
    I dont participate in shavin'. I feel way way way more womanly with my body hairs intact. :) no shame, no shave.
  • i dont like to shave only because I am lazy, but due to societal pressures ill mostly give in one day and shave everything which is gonna be a pain in the *kitten*
  • mikeRVA88
    mikeRVA88 Posts: 8 Member
    winf wrote: »
    I'm with stronger. I prefer shaven, just because. Someday there may be a post-apocalyptic world full of hairy chicks, but for now lets bask in soft supple clean shaven femininity.

wording = win
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    I'm 8 months pregnant... shaving my legs just isn't going to happen.

Armpits though, yes. It's not so much even a hygiene thing for me either... it just feels weird to go unshaven under my arms.

But yeah.. my legs... hah... good thing it's winter....

Oh man I shaved my nether regions the day before I went into labor. I still don't know how I did it.
    I think it's hilarious all the comments that unshaven/natural hair women "smell like XXXX." Like really? I guess you won't have to smell me, since I don't want to be anywhere near that ignorance :p

FTR, I'm crazy pale with black hair. IMO, I look better unshaven, since I get 5 o'clock shadow exactly 12 seconds after shaving anyway. The soft, fuzzy look/feel is more attractive than sandpaper (for me, YMMV). That's what I like my body to look like. And I like others to look like whatever they like for their own bodies :)

Yess. I hate the sandpaper..and also have pale skin and dark hair. Shaving pretty much does nothing but cause irritation for my legs and bikini area.

OMG, the itching and red bumps, too, right?! Not a sexy look for some of us, lol!

Yep. I'd rather have some fuzz than look like raw chicken or like I have some kind of infection and be uncomfortable.
    Hair conditioners help just saying been using it the cheap ones and silkier results render. Btw I can shave ALMOST everyday without those bumps from regular hair conditioner and warm water. No rashes here at all

Cool. Your hair strands don't curl back onto themselves. Congratulations. It's not like I haven't tried a thousand things. The only thing that helps razor bumps is to stop shaving, use nair (which I'm allergic to), or have it removed with a laser.
    Wow OK so shoot me down for helping SERIOUSLY though

I wasn't shooting you down. The way you worded it rubbed me the wrong way. What you said sounds like you think I use no water or cold water without shaving cream or any other moisturizing substance to shave. I'm glad you can shave without issue. Really, I am. It just wasn't helpful because you don't know where I'm coming from. You don't get it. I don't expect you to because you can shave with conditioner and warm water ALMOST every day without issue. You can't prevent razor bumps by using conditioner as they are caused by the hair strands curling back onto themselves, as I said. You can't prevent visibly seeing your hair minutes after shaving (which I think looks like raw chicken.. little dot/bump looking things caused by dark hair under pale skin) by using conditioner. You just can't.

Well I won't apologize for rubbing someone the wrong way for being me. I word things the way I feel the best way I can by me. I wasn't asking for your approval of what was general advice. When I read a forum before my first response I always make sure that Im not taking text out of context since misunderstandings over internet and texts happens so much its very common. I give people the benefit of the doubt. I don't just assume they are not being understanding. So if you think Im misunderstanding you then idk whats up because I first of all i didn't know you tried everything more i expected you to try everything. It was some nice advice to use hair conditioner! that was it. Thats all i wanted to say!

My goodness... You still don't understand.

I never asked you to apologize.

I was the person you were giving the advice to..unless you didn't mean to quote me. Meaning it wasn't general advice..it was directed at me. Previously I had posted about trying various things in response to a very nice woman's question about using veet..but I don't expect you to read the whole thread.

I think you're misunderstanding the concept of razor bumps and the way someone with dark hair and pale skin looks right after shaving for some people; neither of which can be helped with conditioner.
  • librarydebster
    librarydebster Posts: 177 Member
    I like the feel of smooth silky legs so for my own preference I shave every day even in the winter. I do think there is beauty in the natural state of a woman as far as having hair under the arms and pubic hair but I shave under the arms too. I don't think we should be pressured though to feel unwomanly if we don't shave.
  • maddyk91
    maddyk91 Posts: 193 Member
    And to further elaborate,

I think i actually smell better than i did before i stopped shaving. (Contrary to all men who have said unshaven women have a funk about them). Maybe because not all of my skin folds are rubbin' together and building bacteria or something! :wink: Not sure. But I think I smell nice!

Not that it is a priority on my list, but my boyfriend doesnt give a hoot either. He's all about me feeling good about myself, and I have found my personal confidence has roots in being an unshaven woman.

I totally think that if you havent grown your hairs out ever, you should give it a try, just once. You might hate it--totally fair--but it also might pleasantly surprise you how cool as a cucumber you can look with a few pit hairs. :smiley:
  • blktngldhrt
    SaintGiff wrote: »
    Personally, I am in favour of whatever makes a woman love herself. It's that simple. If you feel like shaving is a burden, or an obligation, or something that you do just because you're supposed to, then stop. It doesn't bother me in the least. Likewise, if you buy into the mindset that hairy is masculine and smooth is feminine, then shave if that is what you want. It's your body. Sexy begins with how you feel about yourself. At least the good kind of sexy does. So do what makes you feel good about you. Not just how you look, but who you are. Do that, whatever it is. And then just understand that anyone else judging you is all about their own drama and not about you.

<3
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    edited December 2014
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Here's an excerpt from Why Are We Grossed Out by Women With Armpit Hair? by Lisa Miller of NY Mag:

"Evolutionarily speaking, sex is the whole game. Sex with the wrong person can kill you and your genetic line – through disease, infertility, misfortune. With the right person, it can assure that your genes are transmitted to the next generation. Armpit hair signals sex because it grows during puberty and is one of the first signs of maturity (and fertility). And it signals sex because it transmits the scents that lead to mating. It triggers disgust because it reminds humans how dangerous sex can be. And that’s why we shave it off. Because armpit hair betrays the western fantasy about sex, which is that sex is fun, pleasurable, innocent, and inconsequential, a fantasy that elides the evolutionary truth."
    Well here is a very debatable topic, because its speaking as if everyone existed from an evolutionary stand point. Having a religious perspective on a forum not about religion isn't a good idea. So I won't go their into debating against evolution with you or others but its just not what everyone believes. We all believe in something different so…just saying to say through evolutionary ways it is the way it is is not a good idea because it isn't - Im not on some high horse saying how dare-im saying if i came on here and said that my FATHER in heaven who created us made us natural for this and that reasons but i didn't because well I'm not up for debating for hours on end VS debating why people have to attack my responses when all i did was give good opinions and advice in a neutral matter for hours too. hehe. No angst here.
  • RedArizona5
    edited December 2014

Armpits though, yes. It's not so much even a hygiene thing for me either... it just feels weird to go unshaven under my arms.

Oh man I shaved my nether regions the day before I went into labor. I still don't know how I did it.
    I think it's hilarious all the comments that unshaven/natural hair women "smell like XXXX." Like really? I guess you won't have to smell me, since I don't want to be anywhere near that ignorance :p

FTR, I'm crazy pale with black hair. IMO, I look better unshaven, since I get 5 o'clock shadow exactly 12 seconds after shaving anyway. The soft, fuzzy look/feel is more attractive than sandpaper (for me, YMMV). That's what I like my body to look like. And I like others to look like whatever they like for their own bodies :)

Yess. I hate the sandpaper..and also have pale skin and dark hair. Shaving pretty much does nothing but cause irritation for my legs and bikini area.

OMG, the itching and red bumps, too, right?! Not a sexy look for some of us, lol!

Yep. I'd rather have some fuzz than look like raw chicken or like I have some kind of infection and be uncomfortable.
    Hair conditioners help just saying been using it the cheap ones and silkier results render. Btw I can shave ALMOST everyday without those bumps from regular hair conditioner and warm water. No rashes here at all

Cool. Your hair strands don't curl back onto themselves. Congratulations. It's not like I haven't tried a thousand things. The only thing that helps razor bumps is to stop shaving, use nair (which I'm allergic to), or have it removed with a laser.

I wasn't shooting you down. The way you worded it rubbed me the wrong way. What you said sounds like you think I use no water or cold water without shaving cream or any other moisturizing substance to shave. I'm glad you can shave without issue. Really, I am. It just wasn't helpful because you don't know where I'm coming from. You don't get it. I don't expect you to because you can shave with conditioner and warm water ALMOST every day without issue. You can't prevent razor bumps by using conditioner as they are caused by the hair strands curling back onto themselves, as I said. You can't prevent visibly seeing your hair minutes after shaving (which I think looks like raw chicken.. little dot/bump looking things caused by dark hair under pale skin) by using conditioner. You just can't.

Well I won't apologize for rubbing someone the wrong way for being me. I word things the way I feel the best way I can by me. I wasn't asking for your approval of what was general advice. When I read a forum before my first response I always make sure that Im not taking text out of context since misunderstandings over internet and texts happens so much its very common. I give people the benefit of the doubt. I don't just assume they are not being understanding. So if you think Im misunderstanding you then idk whats up because I first of all i didn't know you tried everything more i expected you to try everything. It was some nice advice to use hair conditioner! that was it. Thats all i wanted to say!

I was the person you were giving the advice to..unless you didn't mean to quote me. Meaning it wasn't general advice..it was directed at me. Previously I had posted about trying various things in response to a very nice woman's question about using veet..but I don't expect you to read the whole thread.

I think you're misunderstanding the concept of razor bumps and the way someone with dark hair and pale skin looks right after shaving for some people; neither of which can be helped with conditioner.
    No I didn't read the whole tread :neutral_face:
    I replied that because you said i rubbed you the wrong way well ok then I won't apologize for it. I am not asking you to be my friend anyways so you should not have said to me what you did-no idont know what your going through but don't have to make it sound like i said something awful. I gave advice and i sounded really bubbly so wtheck? uh lol I was giving you advice and yeah it was for anyone who never knew about conditioners being a good way to shave as a good idea-hey why not? Obviously I don't have a silver tongue like winf up there and not an English major so my wording is very upfront and on text sounds colder then it really is (I guess) but not my fault. Im not a pro at wording my thoughts. I gave advice and you misunderstood me and i said that i won't apologize for it. Idk why I have to keep giving a narrative of our conversation. You didn't have to respond the way you did to me so idk why your making me look like the bad guy. Im not a bad person but love the way people call people out on here and wonder why they say what they say…just over it.
    I actually would have understood and sympathized with you over your issue but when you come on to peoples advice as they have no idea what your going through(and they don't but its not their fault-im sure they are not** mean about what they typed unless it is plainly mean) You just read too much into what I said. Just know if I had an issue and you gave me advice and I already knew about it I wouldn't have called you out for not having any idea what I tried and didn't tried. Maybe you weren't being mean about but I did feel it through the text after me simply saying conditioner is an awesome tool. Maybe your response wasn't as mean as i took but sorry for reading too much to response but idk anymore but this sucks
    Sorry you have tried conditioner and didn't work thats all you had to say but didn't so thanks once again.
    Some people as try as they are not good at being tactful-too much energy wasted to just say what should be said. I wouldn't want someone to use tact with me because its awkward for me so i treat people the way i want to be treated. I try to be nice up front and helpful and i got shot in the back for it 3 times over.
  • sdavies1984
    sdavies1984 Posts: 18 Member
    Armpit hair is one thing. Hairy legs on a lady is a deal breaker for me.
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    I think a woman should do whatever *she* wants to do. I am more comfortable waxing, which is probably because of commonly held societal views, but at this point I am just more comfortable that way. However, if you prefer not to, don't! No one should HAVE to.
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    In for hairy girls. Or shaved ones. Or anything in between as long as they are funny and interesting
    Love this guy...
    For the record I don't shave or pluck or wax or sand or thread or bleach or epillate as much as I used to (due to old ladyness and less hair growth.
    One question perplexes me. Why do men find shave women attractive anyway (the whole prepubecent girl question)?

• blktngldhrt

I replied that because you said i rubbed you the wrong way well ok then I won't apologize for it. I am not asking you to be my friend anyways so you should not have said to me what you did-no idont know what your going through but don't have to make it sound like i said something awful. I gave advice and i sounded really bubbly so wtheck? uh lol I was giving you advice and yeah it was for anyone who never knew about conditioners being a good way to shave as a good idea-hey why not? Obviously I don't have a silver tongue like winf up there and not an English major so my wording is very upfront and on text sounds colder then it really is (I guess) but not my fault. Im not a pro at wording my thoughts. I gave advice and you misunderstood me and i said that i won't apologize for it. Idk why I have to keep giving a narrative of our conversation. You didn't have to respond the way you did to me so idk why your making me look like the bad guy. Im not a bad person but love the way people call people out on here and wonder why they say what they say…just over it.
    I actually would have understood and sympathized with you over your issue but when you come on to peoples advice as they have no idea what your going through(and they don't but its not their fault-im sure they are not** mean about what they typed unless it is plainly mean) You just read too much into what I said. Just know if I had an issue and you gave me advice and I already knew about it I wouldn't have called you out for not having any idea what I tried and didn't tried. Maybe you weren't being mean about but I did feel it through the text after me simply saying conditioner is an awesome tool. Maybe your response wasn't as mean as i took but sorry for reading too much to response but idk anymore but this sucks
    Sorry you have tried conditioner and didn't work thats all you had to say but didn't so thanks once again.
    Some people as try as they are not good at being tactful-too much energy wasted to just say what should be said. I wouldn't want someone to use tact with me because its awkward for me so i treat people the way i want to be treated. I try to be nice up front and helpful and i got shot in the back for it 3 times over.

I appreciate the advice..but again..it doesn't apply to my issues (which you would have known had you been familiar with the problems at hand).

I will just leave you with the bolded wording to ponder. although, I don't think it will help.
  • RedArizona5
    edited December 2014

I appreciate the advice..but again..it doesn't apply to my issues (which you would have known had you been familiar with the problems at hand).

I will just leave you with the bolded wording to ponder. although, I don't think it will help.
    Then you should have just left my response alone FROM the git-go girl :\ Not my bad that this happened. Cant expect everyone to read the entire thread. If i gave my experiance with an issue and someone asks a question about which i already discussed then I won't get upset just simply say well "Thanks I already mention I can't earlier and have bad issues with hair" but you didn't…so don't wonder why we had an argument over it. Its not difficult. And don't make it sound like I was the that said something wrong. Its unfair to accuse me of that with me not having any knowledge of what i did. :\
    And don't say that my words were colder I gave you advice i DIDNT look down on you with any tone in words about it I said try hair condition its AWESOME-HOW on EARTH does THAT sound cold! I was just generally speaking I am upfront and SOMETIMES its sound cold but not in this instance whatsoever mam ugh
    Help with what? Trying to make me think I said something differently then I did? for wondering why i have to be made out to look like some imbocil because I should have read the entire thread? and giving advice yeah i should not have given that advice WOOPTI-DOOO. Then say ok but no thanks tried it don't work i just don't get that.
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Random Story warning...........
    25 yrs ago I lived :o in Brunei. I was blessed with a rather magnificent busom. If I went out in a vest type t-shirt the local guys would stare pretty damn hard at... my shaven armpits....
  • blktngldhrt
    Here's an excerpt from Why Are We Grossed Out by Women With Armpit Hair? by Lisa Miller of NY Mag:

"Evolutionarily speaking, sex is the whole game. Sex with the wrong person can kill you and your genetic line – through disease, infertility, misfortune. With the right person, it can assure that your genes are transmitted to the next generation. Armpit hair signals sex because it grows during puberty and is one of the first signs of maturity (and fertility). And it signals sex because it transmits the scents that lead to mating. It triggers disgust because it reminds humans how dangerous sex can be. And that’s why we shave it off. Because armpit hair betrays the western fantasy about sex, which is that sex is fun, pleasurable, innocent, and inconsequential, a fantasy that elides the evolutionary truth."
    Well here is a very debatable topic, because its speaking as if everyone existed from an evolutionary stand point. Having a religious perspective on a forum not about religion isn't a good idea. So I won't go their into debating against evolution with you or others but its just not what everyone believes. We all believe in something different so…just saying to say through evolutionary ways it is the way it is is not a good idea because it isn't - Im not on some high horse saying how dare-im saying if i came on here and said that my FATHER in heaven who created us made us natural for this and that reasons but i didn't because well I'm not up for debating for hours on end VS debating why people have to attack my responses when all i did was give good opinions and advice in a neutral matter for hours too. hehe. No angst here.

evolution isn't just a theory anymore. genetics change over generations. it happens. its fact. fact is not debatable.
  • RedArizona5
    edited December 2014

evolution isn't just a theory anymore. genetics change over generations. it happens. its fact. fact is not debatable.

Its not a fact and it is, won't accept your religious view of apes to humans theory. Religion whether its evolution or not shouldn't be brought on here because of this right here or did you want to argue with me some more? Your loving this arguing don't you? Because you want to get the last word dontchya?
    just can't get enough of me can ya girl? :smiley:
    I can smell a jezebel spirit a mile away
  • blktngldhrt

Then you should have just left my response alone FROM the git-go girl :\ Not my bad that this happened. Cant expect everyone to read the entire thread. If i gave my experiance with an issue and someone asks a question about which i already discussed then I won't get upset just simply say well "Thanks I already mention I can't earlier and have bad issues with hair" but you didn't…so don't wonder why we had an argument over it. Its not difficult. And don't make it sound like I was the that said something wrong. Its unfair to accuse me of that with me not having any knowledge of what i did. :\
    And don't say that my words were colder I gave you advice i DIDNT look down on you with any tone in words about it I said try hair condition its AWESOME-HOW on EARTH does THAT sound cold! I was just generally speaking I am upfront and SOMETIMES its sound cold but not in this instance whatsoever mam ugh
    Help with what? Trying to make me think I said something differently then I did? for wondering why i have to be made out to look like some imbocil because I should have read the entire thread? and giving advice yeah i should no thane gave woopti-doo. Then say ok but no thanks tried it don't work i just don't get that.

are you southern? I read your responses in a southern accent.

you're putting words into my..fingers. you still don't understand and are getting worked up for a simple internet communication error. I tried to explain it..but it doesn't seem to be registering. I normally wouldn't spend so much time on this but I am bored and you keep responding like this is causing you distress. trying to clarify doesn't seem to be helping matters..and now you're making up things and twisting words.
  • LeenaJean
    LeenaJean Posts: 276 Member
    LeenaJean wrote: »
    Guys love confidence I respect that but they also love the way our body is so smooth and when one shaves it plays that part of oneself more then guys love it.

Oh wow I wasn't aware that I was going to meet the ambassador of men today! I would have cleaned up a bit… maybe shaved even.

oh wow look it Im being sassed at. First off its true guys do love confidence and the smoothness of our skin so i don't get why you had to say that! Or am I lying yeah guys absolutely do not care at all what we do or not do I mean right? Caue a million of us woman walk around with hair on 1/3 parts that normally get shaved off…yep stupid me for saying something (rolling my eyes please)

It actually is not truth that men love/prefer smoothness. There have been tons of guys on this specific message board that have either said they don't care or like a woman who doesn't shave. I'm not saying not shaving is better than shaving or whatevs but please, do not speak for all men. My husband is very loving and attentive to me but seriously would not notice if I went a year without shaving, it just doesn't affect him one way or another. One time I grew out my pits for the fun of it and he actually thought it was really cool. You'd think with all your eye rolling you would have less of a narrow view on the world.
  • blktngldhrt
    edited December 2014

Its not a fact and it is, won't accept your religious view of apes to humans theory. Religion whether its evolution or not shouldn't be brought on here because of this right here or did you want to argue with me some more? Your loving this arguing don't you? Because you want to get the last word dontchya?
    just can't get enough of me can ya girl? :smiley:
    I can smell a jezebel spirit a mile away

so you are southern. edit to include..i made the comment because of the use of the word jezebel. nothing more.

actual evolution..as in genetic change over generations (which is what the person above was referring to) has been proven as fact. its not debatable. its not a religious view.