The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• msannarichey
    msannarichey Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    Welcome to the group. I'm working from home too, but I'm having a hard time figuring how you do that as a librarian. Please tell.

We can't do as much as when we're open of course, but we've been offering virtual librarian services (basically our information desk, but via phone), I run a book club and moved to a Facebook group so that people can participate online, a lot of social media stuff in general.
  • cdpb1980
    cdpb1980 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m Carla. 39, wife, mother of one 5yo, teacher, vegan, straightedge, derby girl.

I’ve been using MFP on and off for years, but am new to challenged and am looking for in accountability.

I’m trying to go more plant based rather than junk food vegan. Hubby & son are vegetarian.

With the quarantine, I can’t do my normal HIIT classes and derby practices, so I’m trying to run 3x per week, Jillian Michaels DVDs 2x per week, yoga 2x per week, and casual outdoor skating once a week.

Current: Size 12-14 (depends on brand)
    Goal: Size 8 (whatever that looks like)
  • MegABCrunning
    MegABCrunning Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! In my thirties and LOVING it! Feel free to add me! My metabolism may have slowed, but I haven't!
  • AndreaMarie1236
    AndreaMarie1236 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Checking in

Hi everyone!!
  • jasdebi2012
    jasdebi2012 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm on my 31s. I joined this community just a couple of days ago to help me track faster my daily calories and general consumption as well as the burning.
    It has been working very well, with a goal of losing 1kg/week (which can as well be 0.5kg), and I need friends to keep me motivated!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    And then there are days your mom and her caregivers decide she needs to go to the er cause no one is returning her calls from the very specialized clinic she was calling.

Ugh it sucks aging but it could always be worse I guess

At least I'm sitting outside enjoying the Sun since I can't go to the hospital with her. ER in a pandemic is not the place to be right now

I hope your mom is ok.

Hey thanks. She's still there. She complained they were too busy, um pandemic mom. Haha. She should see the neurologist today. At least she'll have some good stories and the hospital posts how many covid cases their network have a d they're fairly low ....Phew
  • zxxz__
    zxxz__ Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello from a 42 years old from Belgium!
  • sarahmgreen1983
    sarahmgreen1983 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Always looking for supportive individuals to help motivate me!
  • swissmish
    swissmish Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow middle agers! Turned 45 last month ...hmm, are 30 year olds now middle age :p I better not let my sisters know :D Please feel free to add me, as I'm back for my 3rd go round and I am determined this time!
  • msannarichey
    msannarichey Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    cdpb1980 wrote: »
    Hi! I’m Carla. 39, wife, mother of one 5yo, teacher, vegan, straightedge, derby girl.

So rad that you do roller derby! I did VERY briefly a couple years ago and really liked it, but ended up quitting because it was too intense for me. Hopefully someday I'll have the nerve to try again :)
  • Rmakela
    Rmakela Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    55 mountain biker and triathlete, with 25 pounds to lose. Starting tracking again today. Game on.
  • darrenweaver
    darrenweaver Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. Been on for a while. Actually been using it for week!! 🤣
  • startingoveragain2020
    startingoveragain2020 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi all. 41, in the Uk with three kids and weight just going up and up.
    Just come back on these forum pages...not been here for a long time although still been “using” the food entry part of the app.
    I have put on an awful lot of weight in the last five years (since my 2nd child) and it’s really affecting my mental health now. I checked my waist measurement and it’s now in the “danger” zone for getting diabetes
    Etc. And still I eat so much crap. Eating is definitely my problem as my overall fitness isn’t too bad. Can run 5km a few times per week as well as online body weight work outs etc. But the more I workout, the more I eat. There is never one day I am under my daily allowance. And then I stray into the territory of just not entering half the things I eat into MFP.
    My meals are 90% healthy but the snack and crap I eat continuously all day and night is what is doing the harm.
    Anyone got any advice? Anyone want to be friends to help each other. I’m sick of spending most of my days thinking about food/eating/over eating over and over.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone with your goals!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    annliz23 wrote: »

Good luck to you too :)

I love your pp.. poodles are my favourite dog. I have 3 :)
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I've ever spent so much of a day outside. It's finally feeling like spring!!! My lilacs are starting to get happy even. I guess it's time to figure out getting my snow tires off
  • FlSouthpaw
    FlSouthpaw Posts: 11 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Hello all... I'm on a quest to lose 100+ pounds before I turn 50 next year... I have lost 32 pounds in 9 weeks... looking for friends here on MyFitnessPal for support so please feel free to add me as a friend... Good luck everyone...

Regards,
    Mark Lee

[post edited by MFP mods]
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    annliz23 wrote: »

Good luck to you too :)

I love your pp.. poodles are my favourite dog. I have 3 :)

Thanks they are a lot of work but so worth it.
  • cdpb1980
    cdpb1980 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    cdpb1980 wrote: »

So rad that you do roller derby! I did VERY briefly a couple years ago and really liked it, but ended up quitting because it was too intense for me. Hopefully someday I'll have the nerve to try again :)
    Cool! You should try again! What league?