60 yrs and up

Replies

• Lynne4RH
    Lynne4RH Posts: 13 Member
    Evamutt, so sorry for the loss of your pup. It is not easy seeing them go.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    My condolences for your dog and your family, @Evamutt.
  • colmbrown
    colmbrown Posts: 2 Member
    Hi all, I'm a 64-year-old male and have just started working with this app. Wish me luck...
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,902 Member
    :) Good Morning and welcome to lynettekay and colmbrown

:) I was awake a bit in the middle of the night thinking--not worrying, just thinking. Nevertheless I got up at a good time to take the dogs for their first thing in the morning walk and now I'm having breakfast with my friends on MFP. The tulips in our yard are so beautiful that my husband just ordered 50 more for next year. He may be sheltered at home and not going shopping, but he can still buy all the things he wants without leaving the house.

:) My neighbor went to Costco yesterday and got another case of dog food for me. They limit the dog food to one case per customer and I am determined to stay out of the stores as much as possible. Her kindness means I can put off going to Costco for an additional 12 days.

:) Rain the last few days has kept me from doing any weed pulling but today promises to be better so I have high hopes.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,240 Member
    Barbiecat - love your tulips and that's lovely to have such a nice neighbour
    Evamutt - my heart goes out to you for your loss.
    Welcome colmbrown and good luck
    lynettekay - I think you will really find this group useful

This week I am aiming to keep busy and lose at least a lb, increase my steps and do lots of gardening.
    Let's make this a great week.
  • lynettekay1957
    lynettekay1957 Posts: 10 Member
    edited May 2020
    Barbie, I'm in Northwest Washington also and am waking up to a gorgeous, sunny day. This is my favorite time of year. I love watching my flower garden come to life, watch the bud turn into flowers, and watch the hummingbirds investigate everything. My cats enjoy watching the hummingbirds.

While sequestered at home my husband and I started repainting our lawn decorations. The Gnomes, owls oh, mushrooms, and a big turtle that looks amazingly like one of our cats will have a new coat of paint and acrylic covering. I'm still working on the last 3 and it's been a fun project.

I hope all of you have a lovely day.
  • lindagalbreath577
    lindagalbreath577 Posts: 75 Member
    Evamutt so sorry for your loss. I know the feeling. Our pets become our best friends. We can tell them anything and the won’t tell anyone what we said. Praying for you my dear.
  • lindagalbreath577
    lindagalbreath577 Posts: 75 Member
    Well I got my garden shed cleaned out and organized now I can walk in there!! Found some irises 2 paper bags full put them in water to hydrate am going to make another flower bed. I have a space by my bird area will clean that up and plant them there then will put bachelor buttons on top so there are some flowers there this year. It is going to be in the 80 s this week yeah!!! Everyone have a great day!!🤓🌹🦋🌷💖
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,240 Member
    Well I got my garden shed cleaned out and organized now I can walk in there!! Found some irises 2 paper bags full put them in water to hydrate am going to make another flower bed. I have a space by my bird area will clean that up and plant them there then will put bachelor buttons on top so there are some flowers there this year. It is going to be in the 80 s this week yeah!!! Everyone have a great day!!🤓🌹🦋🌷💖

Well done sorting out my shed is next on my to do list but not looking forward to it as there will be spiders 🙄
  • lynettekay1957

Being mobility challenged and having 4 cats, my wonderful husband plants flowers and plants that attract hummingbirds right in front of the living room window where we can enjoy them. My bleeding heart is coming to life and will be beautiful in a few weeks. He brought in a cutting from the lilacs.

Any peony lovers?? Have you seen the "bowl of love" peony?? I want to see one in real life!

Linda, I love your colorful emojis!
  • lynettekay1957
    edited May 2020
    Do any of you watch a younger person do something like run up a long flight of stairs or jump down 3 feet, landing on both feet, and expect them to react with an expression of pain???

It just seems like something is missing when they just go blithely on. Of course, these days it hurts to tear off a paper towel!
  • lynnchristy
    lynnchristy Posts: 75 Member
    Good afternoon 60 & uppers :) Things here are pretty much the same. I wish winter would go away and stay away. I heard we are to get snow on Sunday :'(

Evamutt so very sorry for your loss. :'(<3

Hello to all the newbies :smiley: You'll like it here everyone is so friendly, encouraging and helpful.

Shout out to my friends <3

• Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,299 Member
    hello everyone, nothing too new here. Yesterday we went over our youngest son's house. The grand kids were in the pool for hours. It's still kind of cold so I didn't go in. I wore a mask. None of them are sick & they hardly go anywhere so I felt pretty safe. It felt so good to see them. Our son made burritos. I had one & it filled me up. We really miss our dog Shirley, especially when we sneeze- it used to scare her so we will forever think of her when ever we sneeze. There's some things I want to get done before it gets & stays hot so today I'm going to rake up the remaining leaves & debris from the leave & what the wind brought in from the back yard. That will be my main project for today. Our GSD, Eleanor still isn't feeling 100%. She started panting a while back with a runny nose & not having much energy. 2 vets said she has allergies so put her on prednisone (i hate that stuff) then on anti biotics. She had pneumonia last July & got VERY sick with it so I was worried but she had no fever. She has one antibiotic left & is feeling much better the is still panting some. The vet will see her again on May 13th . I feel there's something not right. We love her so much, she's SO sweet. I was taking her to visit at a nursing home before all this virus started.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,902 Member
    :) It has been windy today so even though it looks great out the window, the wind made it not inviting to work in the yard. I always have plenty to do in the house so I had a wonderful productive day and when I go to bed soon, I'll read a bit and sleep easily.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • teresadannar
    teresadannar Posts: 199 Member
    New breakfast today that hit the spot! Cottage cheese, sliced banana, fresh blueberries, drizzled with honey. Very summery!
  • teresadannar
    teresadannar Posts: 199 Member

Any peony lovers?? Have you seen the "bowl of love" peony?? I want to see one in real life!

Love peonies, full of childhood memories. I've got 6 white in the front yard...my grandsons call them the "ant flowers" though......

• n2gardens56
    n2gardens56 Posts: 74 Member
    Love reading everyone's posts, keeps me going! I have been staying active with yoga, walking to work on the 2 days I have to be in the office and hiking. There is a trail nearby that no one ever uses that I hike on. It has a mile that meanders by a stream then goes up a mountain, great workout and yet serene. Will need to stop using it soon, it only has about a 12 in path on the mountain portion, surrounded by brush about waist high, so too much risk of snake bites. I have seen a few already, but sure hate to give up my haven. I can still safely use the lower one mile portion, it is wider, but love the workout of the mountain climb, oh well, better safe than sorry. It has been great weather here in SW Virginia, we have had 80's and mostly 60's (my favorite) but tonight there is a freeze warning, then getting back up to 60-70's during next week. Loving the wildflowers blooming on my hikes. I worked yesterday and we had a late meeting, did not get home until 8:30 pm, it was clear and cool on the walk home and really reduces my stress level. I had hoped to see the full moon, but it was still light on the walk. I did see the Full Super Moon later, it was beautiful! Nature has wonderful treasurers for us everyday if we just take a moment to observe. I am loving Spring!