60 yrs and up

Replies

• lindagalbreath577
    lindagalbreath577 Posts: 75 Member
    Good morning! Am going to Curves’s today took a good hot shower to get the kinks out of back and hip. I can’t let this stop me! Never give up if you do you stop living then everything goes down hill! Josephinebowman try not to let March smash you. You can get through whatever it is your going through just take 1day at a time if that’s too much then 1 hour at a time. We are all here to support you . It helps to talk so if you need to just let it out. Take care will be praying for you. Everybody have a great day! 🤓
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,241 Member
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) Just got back from my usual morning walk with the dogs. Enjoyed the full moon, freezing temps, darkness, a partly cloudy sunrise, no one out in the neighborhood except the man delivering the newspaper, and 11,500 steps on my pedometer.

:) Barbie in NW WA

Yippee!
  • lynnchristy
    lynnchristy Posts: 75 Member
    Hello 60 & uppers :) I am down .2 of a pound. It is coming off very slowly :/ but I'm going the right way B)

barbiecat, that moon has been gorgeous, hasn't it :o

annliz23 Hello :)

lindagalbreath577, I love your positivity :smiley: Congrats on the great A1C <3

josephinebowman, I agree with lindagalbreath577 don't let March get you down (((hug))) Come here and vent, we are all here for you :smiley:

alteredsteve175, sounds like a yummy dinner :)

njag6393, to increase font size hold the control key down and hit the plus (+) key. Then before you leave the page hold the control key down and hit the minus key (-) I usually hit them 3 times for myself, it does help :smiley:

bacpath, Hope you enjoyed Internat'l Women's Day... You're welcome, glad it helped :smiley:

alligatorob, great pic :)

getthebabeback, thanks for the chuckle :D

boubecat54 Welcome :) Wow, you are very accomplished, I am sure you will be a great contributor to the group :smiley:

AnnPT77, njag6393 and annliz23, your menus look delish :p

Evamutt, your group sounds wonderful for you. We are all here for you and I will be praying for you o:)

Have a lovely evening everyone :)

Shout out to my friends <3
  • j29t
    j29t Posts: 228 Member
    Greetings group. It's great seeing the positive participation here. I'm doing well and have worked hard to stay busy.
    Sunday my dinner party went beautifully, I stayed true to my tracked eating plan and even had a little piece of the birthday cake and a glass of Sauvignon Blanc. After the guests left and the kitchen was cleaned up that little devil in the back of my head said another splash of wine was deserved…SO…sneakers back on for a walk under the full moon to earn enough calories to make it happen. Monday morning weigh-in was down a little so no guilt here.
    Yesterday was a glorious spring day here in VA. The temp reached 74 under bright sunny skies. I played hooky from the knitting group and headed to the lake for a nice hike up and down the trails and then enjoyed the lunch I packed sitting on a bench by the water watching the robins, cardinals and geese around the lake. People were out exercising in shorts and short sleeve T's.

@Fishwishing - Thanks, good job on the healthy food choices
    @josephinebowman - Keep moving and eating right, you'll see steady progress
    @lynnchristy - You keep me laughing (that burns calories right?) My guitar lesson journey will be a long one but you can't eat with a pic in your hand.
    @njag6393 - Enjoy your nice walking weather, rainy here now
    @boubecat54 - Welcome. Just reading your post is inspirational
    @annliz23 - Great job cardio and walking
    @Evamutt - Positive thoughts for you
    @alteredsteve175 - Yes life is good, your platelet recipient says so too!
    @lindagalbreath577 - Good for you curves from Curves

Special sunshine for friends.
    Make it a wonderful day. Om…
  • lindagalbreath577
    Good morning everyone!! Just got back from walking and curves feel really good!! The sun is shining so l am going to be outside gardening. I love gardening. Thank yous for the encouragement it means a lot! lynnchristy congrats on .2 loss every little bit counts great job!! j29t sounds like you had a very nice hike nothing like being out in nature. Everyone have a really great day!🤓
  • bethe
    bethe Posts: 79 Member
    edited March 2020
    Hey, do you folks think this is cheating? I got on Libra (thank you to those who recommended it - it's wonderful!), and it is kind enough to give a trend weight each day, in addition to tracking actual weight. By providing a trend weight, it helps account for the diconnect created by daily scale flucuations. Can I use my Libra trend weight each week when I update my stats here on MFP, or should I keep putting in my actual weight for the day I check in?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    bethe wrote: »
    Hey, do you folks think this is cheating? I got on Libra (thank you to those who recommended it - it's wonderful!), and it is kind enough to give a trend weight each day, in addition to tracking actual weight. By providing a trend weight, it helps account for the diconnect created by daily scale flucuations. Can I use my Libra trend weight each week when I update my stats here on MFP, or should I keep putting in my actual weight for the day I check in?

People do it both ways. I'm in a weight loss challenge in another group where we weigh in weekly - some people use the weighted average - some use the daily reading. Just use the same type reading all the time for accuracy for yourself.

And it's not cheating - you don't need to explain it anyone. "To thine own self be true"-- W. Shakespeare

Exactly. Do what works for you. As far as I know, there are no MFP weight update police. ;)

I was losing weight consistently before having Libra (though even then I was putting daily weights on graph paper, date on one axis, pounds on the other, so I could see the trend). At that stage, I just updated MFP when I hit a new low weight, and didn't bother with the fluctuations in between. It wasn't even necessarily updated on a regular schedule. Now (in year 4+ of maintenance), I haven't updated my MFP weight in a long time, as it doesn't affect much of anything, for me.

Whatever helps you personally stay engaged & motivated is a good strategy.

The only practical implication I know of is that MFP uses current recorded weight if you use the MFP exercise database to estimate exercise calories. A few pounds either way isn't going to make a meaningful difference, but with METS-based exercise estimates (what MFP does behind the scenes), it will use body weight in the calculation because doing the same thing (walking a mile at 2.5mph, for example) burns more calories if the person doing it is heavier, fewer if they're lighter.
  • Fishwishing
    Fishwishing Posts: 26 Member
    Good afternoon, 60-ish-ers! Sadly, the sunshine has vanished here and it's been cloudy and cool with some rain yesterday. I've noticed the weather really affects my outlook on life and everything seems so much better and more positive when the sun is shining. :) Nevertheless, I've promised my dog a nice walk today, so will be putting on those walking shoes in a bit. I must admit that I prefer biking along the Katy Trail following the MIssouri River, but with the rain yesterday, the trail is a bit mushy. When I walk, I do so in town at one of the city parks which has a concrete trail. Much less messy, especially with a dog! I do not know about Libra; perhaps I should educate myself. I have a fitbit to track my steps and I enter exercise in MFP but nothing is synched as I'm not very good at that sort of thing. I usually have to ask my grandson to help me with all the computer tech stuff. :'( Had lunch with a friend and stayed on track with my calories as I researched the restaurant menu beforehand and had already made my food choices prior to arriving. Thanks, everyone, for the great posts. Truly a pleasure to be part of this group. Have a great day!
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Lost a pound since last Tuesday. Lovely day, sunny, warmish, windy! Plumbing works now-done 2 loads of dishes and 3 of laundry. Flushed both bathrooms more than once each. Highlights of life. Missing my loved ones which I do in March. Sister died Feb 1, husband 4 years, mother and grandfather on March 16 and good ole BIL March 17 years ago. And coronavirus confirmed in Virginia Beach - I might have a cold or allergies but not that! Almost everything has been moved from the lots I sold but no payment yet. And I will persevere to son's birthday, he will be 11.
  • lindagalbreath577
    Good evening everybody! I had a great day today went outside and did some gardening!! Beautiful sunshine day. I was outside 5 hours felt so good to have my hands in the dirt. I love gardening. Have a good evening . ☀️🌹
  • alligatorob
    alligatorob Posts: 736 Member
    Good morning from Utah, the sun is just threatening to show itself. I lost some weight at weigh in this morning, makes it feel even better!

Hey Josephine, I hope your memories of loved ones was good. That kind of thing can sometimes get me down. Congrats on your pound loss!

q8zgot2qr95a.jpg
    da6x7vw196kp.jpg

• bacpath
    bacpath Posts: 326 Member
    Greetings all, beautiful day up here in British Columbia. Have visitors again, but am keeping on track 7/10. It’s going to be this way all month. A great test of my commitment. But I am doing a heck of a lot more housework and laundry, so hopefully more calories 😇.Thanks for the discussion on Libra. I am going to try it out. Cheers all
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,903 Member
    :) Another great day of dog walking and riding my exercise bike and spending time with my husband. Sent the final stuff to the accountant today so taxes will be filed soon.

<3 Barbie in beautiful NW WA
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Checking in neighbors! No exercise yet today but I am going to YMCA pool class this evening. And I made turkey salad today (and froze leftover turkey). Kid took a look at it and turned his nose up. Oh, well, more for me! Getting some cancellations hither and yon but no gossip about the big C in my town. All is well.
  • pinkyhoke
    pinkyhoke Posts: 3 Member
    Hi I'm Donna aka Pinky. I'm 66 and started this journey years ago but stopped and recently started again. I need to lose 40 lbs so I don't have to go on a CPAP machine. I've lost 5 already since Feb. I have a gym in my garage that I use at least 3 times a week and I watch calories and switched to Stevia the beginning of the year. I'd like to be in the group of 60 and over but not sure how to get to it. Good luck everyone.
  • lindagalbreath577
    Hey Pinky! Welcome we are a very supportive group. Good job on the 5 lbs. How’s everyone doing today? We have sunshine here in Oregon again so I am going to be outside allllllll day!! Because rain is coming tomorrow. Have a great day🤓🤓