What are your biggest food/beverage product disappointments?

Options

Replies

• hawksgirl229
    hawksgirl229 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I second the veggie straws. I too heard how great they were. Tried them at my sil house..underwhelmed and glad I never bought..I truly hate to waste food/money..
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's flavored hot chocolates. The salted caramel one was disappointing :(
  • lollie1285
    lollie1285 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Quest Bars. They taste so disgusting! And I’m someone who eats like every protein bar on the market. I’m not touching those suckers ever again.
  • lollie1285
    Options
    Another one that comes to mind is Smashmallow. Flavored marshmallows are overrated.

96g0zptti6zp.png

Their packaging is nice and I feel duped when I get it and it tastes like...sadness.

• lollie1285
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »
    Another one that comes to mind is Smashmallow.

I didn't really care for the one Smashburger I tried.

With you, Smashburger sucks! Not cheap either😒 hate Halo Top,avacodos,those dumb Built Bars who keep sending me emails cuz I bought a box months ago, Quest bars suck(except the Hero ones but not sure if they're still around) the Keto diet sucks,most protein powder sucks,wow I could go on and on🤣

I actually just bought another box of Built Bars and they’re good to have after a workout. I like the coconut almond and peanut butter brownie. But good LORD do they hammer you with emails!
  • babyb2020
    babyb2020 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Built bars. Every YouTuber I watched loved them & kept seeing ads everywhere I decided to splurge for sample pack. They so gross.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    I just can't do these anymore. I used to like protein powder but I don't anymore. I have canisters of them sitting on my shelf waiting for an emergency event and even though I've found myself in one, I just can't bring myself to drink them. Something has turned over in me. I'd rather eat a can of cold vegetables than drink these.

pyq77smqc1zy.png
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    babyb2020 wrote: »
    Built bars. Every YouTuber I watched loved them & kept seeing ads everywhere I decided to splurge for sample pack. They so gross.

I agree with this.
  • lollie1285
    Options

I agree with this.

I like a few of the flavors but they either need to be from the fridge or microwave for me to eat them. They have such an undesirable texture to me when they are room temp. I shouldn’t have to work that hard to chew a protein bar. Same issue for me with RXbars.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,595 Member
    Options
    lollie1285 wrote: »
    Another one that comes to mind is Smashmallow. Flavored marshmallows are overrated.

96g0zptti6zp.png

Their packaging is nice and I feel duped when I get it and it tastes like...sadness.

Agreed!
  • lollie1285
    Options
    just_Tomek wrote: »

Nahhh they are not gross. Most have the same exact texture that most cannot get past. I have tries them all and will only buy coconut and almond. These have texture that I like and the taste is good. Best when eaten from the fridge.

Had that one today from the fridge. My favorite. Peanut Butter Brownie is good too.
  • glassyo
    Options

Nahhh they are not gross. Most have the same exact texture that most cannot get past. I have tries them all and will only buy coconut and almond. These have texture that I like and the taste is good. Best when eaten from the fridge.

I really like the built bars but have figured out you only really get the taste from the end parts.

I still have a huge supply that I can't really eat right now because they're too chewy (the kids built bars are perfect texturewise but they're not selling them like they said they were going to) so I've been cutting off the chocolate and just eating that part. :)

My favorites are definitely the banana and the peanut butter.
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    What's so cool about Oreos? 🤔
  • lollie1285
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

I really like the built bars but have figured out you only really get the taste from the end parts.

I still have a huge supply that I can't really eat right now because they're too chewy (the kids built bars are perfect texturewise but they're not selling them like they said they were going to) so I've been cutting off the chocolate and just eating that part. :)

They really do work your jaw. I was almost hesitant to purchase after my sample box for that reason but I liked some of the flavors a lot and they are a good post workout snack, so I caved and did the box with 3 flavors. I never realized you get the most taste at the ends though! I’ll have to take notice next time I have one.

• glassyo
    Options

They really do work your jaw. I was almost hesitant to purchase after my sample box for that reason but I liked some of the flavors a lot and they are a good post workout snack, so I caved and did the box with 3 flavors. I never realized you get the most taste at the ends though! I’ll have to take notice next time I have one.

They have really good macros!

I don't know. It just seems like that to me about the taste. It's like...I can tell what flavor bar it is and then...suddenly...nope! Might just be me, tho. :)
  • lollie1285
    Options

I don't know. It just seems like that to me about the taste. It's like...I can tell what flavor bar it is and then...suddenly...nope! Might just be me, tho. :)

Have you tried the drink mix? I think it’s called Built Boost? They put a sample bag in my last box and they weren’t too bad. I’m not really a flavored drink mix person. I almost exclusively drink water - anything sweet tends to make me more thirsty for water haha. And these are SWEET, so I could only have a little before I threw the rest out but the flavors were nice!
  • lollie1285
    Options

Have you tried the drink mix? I think it’s called Built Boost? They put a sample bag in my last box and they weren’t too bad. I’m not really a flavored drink mix person. I almost exclusively drink water - anything sweet tends to make me more thirsty for water haha. And these are SWEET, so I could only have a little before I threw the rest out but the flavors were nice!

Absolutely love the powder. Half a pouch goes into my water bottle for bike rides.

Do you find it gives you more energy? I was thinking of just doing a half so it wasn’t so sweet. But wasn’t sure if that would give me enough of a boost pre-workout.
  • glassyo
    Options

Absolutely love the powder. Half a pouch goes into my water bottle for bike rides.

Do you find it gives you more energy? I was thinking of just doing a half so it wasn’t so sweet. But wasn’t sure if that would give me enough of a boost pre-workout.

I was gonna ask that too since I got that same free bag. I liked most of the flavors but didn't notice any extra energy. Not like being back on the diet soda is giving me at least.

But since it's been brought up....BOGO for the built boost but ends tonight (probably already has).
  • lollie1285
    Options

I was gonna ask that too since I got that same free bag. I liked most of the flavors but didn't notice any extra energy. Not like being back on the diet soda is giving me at least.

But since it's been brought up....BOGO for the built boost but ends tonight (probably already has).

They seem to run specials all the time so I’m sure they’ll have some sort of offer again soon, especially with Memorial Day coming up.

I find nothing really gives me the energy I need aside from eating big, satisfying meals with enough carbs and protein to really help me power through. Not even coffee, even though I still drink it in hopes it’ll amp things up just a little more.
  • lollie1285
    Options

Absolutely NOT. It tastes real good, thats about it.
    I go on 100km + rides with couple water bottles with just water or that mixed in. I dont eat anything during those rides, simply not needed. Proper good meal when you get home is enough. All these gels, bars etc. are not needed. If you want a snack during a ride, get a bag of figs and snack on that.

Yep that’s pretty much the conclusion I’ve come to as well. Nothing works better than a good meal.