May 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options

Great running @Avidkeo and you gave me a boost to push forward as I was wavering a little.

Awwww you totally got this!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Another 5K this morning putting me at 35/80km. I am almost halfway to my monthly goal and it’s only the first week. I think I’m going to adjust my monthly goal. I’ll see how my second week goes.

Question, how do you all transition from running 5 k to running 10k. I was thinking this morning as I finished my run that I could probably go further. Not sure I could actually finish a 10k but then again I’ve never tried.

exercise.png
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Another 5K this morning putting me at 35/80km. I am almost halfway to my monthly goal and it’s only the first week. I think I’m going to adjust my monthly goal. I’ll see how my second week goes.

Question, how do you all transition from running 5 k to running 10k. I was thinking this morning as I finished my run that I could probably go further. Not sure I could actually finish a 10k but then again I’ve never tried.

exercise.png

If you’re familiar with the c25k app, there’s a companion app called bridge to 10k for doing just that. Or you can just gradually increase your longest run until you’re doing 10k. Speaking for myself, once I was doing 5k regularly I was ready to do 10k without much difficulty - once your body gets the hang of running that’s not a big jump.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,007 Member
    Options
    Love your run report @Avidkeo ! It's awesome that you didn't even feel it at the halfway point! You are doing great. I too am jealous of your view as you run!
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    @PastorVincent I think your new summer running shirt can stay in the shipping bag today - unless you want to try it as a base layer.

It is snowing again. The wind is in the teens and the temp is below freezing... definitely a good day for my new shirt to arrive I will have to try it out! 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ I mean does that weather not just scream for HEAT GEAR SLEEVELESS SINGLET?😂

Aww, come on, you could totally rock that in the snow 😂
  • penko47
    penko47 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    May 8th- 2.23 miles
    May 9th-3 miles I was going to round out yesterday's run but then decided as a reminder I will just change my mileage goal to 50.03

16.93/50.03 miles complete
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    @hanlonsk Garmin uses 5/4 rounding and Strava rounds down. You ran somehere between 2.225 and 2.229 miles.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @hanlonsk Garmin uses 5/4 rounding and Strava rounds down. You ran somehere between 2.225 and 2.229 miles.

It makes it hard when you are trying to hit something like 2.23, my Garmin turns to 2.23 and I took 3 more steps and stopped, still rounded down but I didn't want my Garmin to change to 2.24. I never ever stop when my Garmin hits X.0 because that dang strava will go to x.99 ha ha
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options

It makes it hard when you are trying to hit something like 2.23, my Garmin turns to 2.23 and I took 3 more steps and stopped, still rounded down but I didn't want my Garmin to change to 2.24. I never ever stop when my Garmin hits X.0 because that dang strava will go to x.99 ha ha

Agreed... makes it tough.
  • hanlonsk
    hanlonsk Posts: 762 Member
    Options

That is essentially what I did, only I think it was 5-10 steps, I figured I was pushing my luck towards the 2.24. I have had several 2.01 mile runs the last several weeks according to garmin. Because it tells me I hit 2miles and I go a little bit further to be sure. But yeah... normally don’t mind the mismatch, but it annoyed me, yesterday.

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Date :::: Miles :::: Cumulative
    05/01/20 :::: 16.2 :::: 16.2
    05/02/20 :::: 24.1 :::: 40.3
    05/03/20 :::: 8.0 :::: 48.3
    05/04/20 :::: 2.1 :::: 50.4
    05/05/20 :::: 2.3 :::: 52.7
    05/06/20 :::: 1.8 :::: 54.6
    05/07/20 :::: 4.0 :::: 58.6
    05/08/20 :::: 5.3 :::: 63.8
    05/09/20 :::: 1.6 :::: 65.4

@PastorVincent - I feel you, we got snow too. I went for a hike this morning and it was suddenly January again.
    t9q5n8fr1zug.jpg
    It was a gorgeous hike though and the cold and snow kept the crowds away. I'm not sure how heavily used this trail is on a nice day but everything seems to be now. And the small parking area was full when I left.

Stella sadly did not get to go on the hike, so I had to walk her when I got back home. While we were out I decided I might not want to go back out again (it was snowing again, and cold and windy) so I started to run. We at least got a minimal run in, in case I don't have it in me to run later. And that is looking doubtful.

I am conflicted about doing a longer run tomorrow. I may just consider this a recovery week and just get a short run in.