Over 40 - Christmas Challenge (Closed)

Options

Replies

• Squirkie
    Squirkie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Made a milestone today my BMI is under 40, 39.8 first time in about 5 years - yay!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is awesome!!!!!
  • brobin41101
    brobin41101 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    LHann360 - glad you found us again, yes we were getting a little big, and I wanted to make sure we stayed small enough to support each other, so here we are.... sounds like you have a great weekend planned, hiking sounds fun.... and I think anyone doing a bootcamp is brave. And holy WOW on the water.

Brobin41101 - you need a new pic up there girlfriend!!! - will be waiting in great anticipation

sherrillg - veggies for breakfast wow, you are my hero I could never do that! Great for you.

I was proud of myself, I was too busy today to go for a walk at lunch, came home and was pooped after an hour of sitting on the couch, got my big butt up and went to the gym and hit the treadmill - didn't feel popped after, funny how that is.

And here is to all the drinkers out there :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: water that is! Glad everyone is doing so well with it this week.
    It's funny you should say that. I was, just this evening, looking in the bathroom mirror contemplating taking a new picture and posting it. I definitely need a new one. And...:flowerforyou: Every one is doing such a good job. I couldn't be more pleased with all my Mfp buds !!!
  • brobin41101
    Options
    Made a milestone today my BMI is under 40, 39.8 first time in about 5 years - yay!!!
    Congratulations on your milestone :bigsmile:
  • brobin41101
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Water check in :drinker: :drinker: Just finished my 8 glasses of H2O :drinker: :drinker:

Awesome- it does get easier!

It really does get easier, I used to not drink water at all and now I can drink 8 glasses a day. I don't even have to add anything to the water now...it just doesn't taste right to me anymore. Just want plain old water and I'm enjoying it :-)
    That is great news Squirkie ! You have been doing such an awesome job !!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • brobin41101
    Options
    Water check - Already had my 8 x glasses today Chug Chug :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: How many have you had?
    I really feel as though I have accomplished something great when I get in all 8 waters in a day. I got them today !!!:bigsmile:
  • brobin41101
    Options
    Sorry for the long absence. Hubby and I just got back from a 2+ week camping vacation - the longest vacation we've ever taken! Unfortunately, I'm sure that I've gained quite a bit of weight in that time. Tomorrow, I'm getting back on the wagon, and looking forward to the challenge!
    Welcome back :smile:
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    9 glasses of water and 9 miles! That zoo is HUGE!!! LOL Sleep well, friends!
  • Rocking_Robin
    Rocking_Robin Posts: 238 Member
    Options

That is wonderful!!!! Congrats, keep up the hard work!!!!!
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options

Yay Donna!
  • _gwen
    Options
    Check in day!

Last week's challenge: get in 5 days of walking, at least 30 minutes a walk. I didn't do so well last week, hitting it again this week.

This week's challenge, work on getting 5 days of walking in, at least 30 minutes a walk. I'm also adding 8 hours of sleep each night, which means I have to be in bed, lights out at 9:30pm if I'm getting up at 5:30am. :ohwell:

It's the first Sunday of the month. I'll take progress pics and post them on my profile ASAP. I did lose 2.5 inches since August 7, an inch from my hips and 1.5 from my waist.

Posting my numbers and updating my ticker:

SW - 192.5
    GW - 172 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 191 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 194.8 (Aug 29) ugh, new scale
    Week 3 - 192.4 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - xxx (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • _gwen
    Options
    September photos posted on my profile.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,273 Member
    Options
    Great progress Gwen, shows that new scale or no new scale you are making great progress.
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO! (Patting myself on back!)

It's been a GREAT veggie day!!! :-)
  • brobin41101
    Options
    I'm reporting tomorrow. Not feeling good about this weigh in:sad: Maybe I'll be surprised :tongue: Posted a older picture , Christmas 2010... I'm not going to post anything new until I get a new Christmas 2011 picture.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Got the water today !!!
  • curlyjayne
    Options
    Hi All
    I have been away since thursday, weighed this morning, not too disappointed I have put on one pound.
    my goal this week is to get the pound off plus one more by sunday
  • samhradh
    samhradh Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Not as much excerise as i would have liked last week, so for this week my goal is to excerise at least 5 days. managed to achieve 1200 cals but did not eat back excerise cals, i think that may become more important for me as i get closer to my goal weight and really bump up the excerise.
    Over all happy at the rate the numbers are moving, not losing heart yet, finding the time for excerise is my biggest issue, there is a lot on at the moment in work.

SW 200 lb Exercise
    20/08/2011, 194 12 miles@ 55 minutes per mile
    29/08/2011 ,192* 16 miles@ 54 minutes per mile
    05/09/2011, 189 8 miles@53 & 2x 30min steps
    GW 150
    UGW 145
  • maisiecm
    maisiecm Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    wondered where everyone had gone. I had the other thread on my favourites so didn't realise a new one had opened.

Anyway posted this on the other thread so here it is to keep me up to date!

Managed to lose 3.5 lbs this week so very happy with that.

My challenge for this week is to continue to drink 8 glasses of water as I managed to do 4 days of the 7 so I am trying for 7/7 this week and my new challenge is to stop eating snacks at night when I am up breastfeeding.

Looking forarwd to seeing how everyone else is doing. 50 members that's great.

SW - 208 (Aug 28)
    GW - 191 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - not joined in
    Week 2 - 208 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 204.5 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - xxx (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    HAPPY LABOR DAY everyone!!!! :drinker:

I hope you all have been enjoying your holiday weekend!!!!:flowerforyou: I have been able to meet and exceed my water each day!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: YEAH!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

:noway: I also was looking at the old thread and thinking where the heck did everyone go????? :noway: I'm so happy I found the new thread!! I felt LOST!!!!! :laugh: I will post this weeks goals a little later today. I hope you all have an amazing holiday with family and friends or just doing what ever you want for the day!!!

Let's make it a FLAB-YOU-LESS week ladies!!!! :flowerforyou:
    :heart: Sabrina

SW - 162.2
    GW - 145 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - MISSED (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 162.2 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 161.1 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - xxx (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • SWC54
    SWC54 Posts: 14
    Options
    HI! happy holiday Monday! I am glad I found you all too--was lost--wondering where our challenge went?

I have a very difficult love/hate relationship with my scale too. One day I can be down 2 pounds, the next up a pound and it goes on and on......so what I do now is check on friday, (if it is up I will go easier on the weekend treats) and then on Monday (for official wt.) I cannot weigh myself every day as it makes me crazy.
    BTW--I am down 3.6 pounds since last Monday--which is crazy! I am tracking honestly, really watching white carbs, and switched to vodka! One birthday cake opportunity this week to get through.......so I think my goal this week is WATER and one dessert. Lets see how it goes! Suzann
  • Loreigh
    Loreigh Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

My first week didn't go so well. So to get the bad news out of the way, I gained 4 lbs!!!! 204 today. :sad:
    My goal for this week is to not snack after dinner.

I have such a time sticking with my calories, especially at night. Last night I was so upset with myself. I want to lose weight so bad, and I just keep failing. My knees hurt all the time now, I have no energy, the clothes simply do not fit, I could go on and on.

So after my pity party last night I came to the realization that I'm the only one that can help myself. I'm the only one that can help me lose weight and get healthy. I found several motivation quotes to leave around the house and I've promised myself I WILL log my food each day, no matter what. This will be a good week for me.

I may be obese, but I'm 45 and I am fabulous!!! I won't be obese forever.

Here's to a great week for everyone!!!