Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Options

Replies

• cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 Tx. I hadn't considered nuts; I'll put them on my next grocery order. In addition to those items you mentioned, I also do Tortilla chips and salsa. 12 chips + salsa is about 100 cal. Sodium is a bit high so only do it on days I'm not heavy on Sodium.
  • cesse47
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 I wish I had the magic words to motivate, to encourage you. I'm sorry you're going through this bad patch. It's really hard right now. I think I look at it right now as being the one thing I can control so try to do so. Gives me something to focus on besides the doom and gloom of that world "out there". Mother's Day was tough because it was so soon after Mom's death. And though we live on opposite sides of the state my daughter and I got together every couple of weeks for a meal and a hug ... really miss that!! And the politics -- well, best leave that alone altogether!

Working in a senior's home must be very challenging. I know we really appreciated all the dedicated nurses and staff at Mom's facility. I'm sure lockdown is especially difficult for them as well. Thank you for all you do for them.

Hang in there! Post when you can; vent when you need to do so. We've got your back!! 🌼🌸🌺
  • cesse47
    Options
    Hi folks, I'd like to join this group if it's not too late.
    I'm a 51 year old mum of two and I work irregular hours with a fair bit of travelling, though obviously not at the moment.
    I need to lose 20kg. I've upped my exercise and am doing 16:8 intermittent fasting most days.
    I look forward to catching up with your posts and getting to know you.

My goals JFT
    -16:8 ie only eat between 12 & 8pm
    -Exercise at least 40 mins
    -avoid the brownies my son made
    -stay calm during home school!

Welcome!!
  • cesse47
    Options
    Went AWOL this weekend and it spilled over to Monday. I tracked everything though rather than pretending it didn’t happen so that’s a little win.

So, JFT - track everything
    Online Pilates
    Stay in calorie target

Hope everyone keeping safe x

WTG on tracking!! The only way you can analyze your ups&downs and see the progress is to honestly track everything. It will also show you where you struggled and then achieved improvement.

I'd say that's a BIG win!! WTG!! :)
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,475 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @Shonafreshstart Welcome! Hope you continue to join us. This is a great thread full of support and accountability.

@jenwalkingfurther You are amazing! I'm so impressed that you logged everything. When I go off the deep end, I rarely complete my food log. Like it never happened ;);)

@Snowflake1968 @pridesabtch I am so sad that you are struggling... (((hugs))) dear friends. Could you start with one or two simple goals JFT? Nothing drastic, no long list, just to get started and maybe feel a sense of (small) accomplishment to kickstart you? I think of the Navy SEAL Commander's graduation speech several years ago to "make your bed" then you'll have accomplished one thing at the start of the day, and that can lead to accomplishing more things.

Recap M 5/11
    1) Move hourly / REMEMBER 5 somethings / hourly stairs break basement to 2nd floor = Fitbit 14,426 steps, 250+ 14/14 boom! 45 floors :smiley: getting back in 14/14 rhythm now that sun rises earlier & I get up earlier WITHOUT an alarm clock ~ huge win for me!
    2) Meals prelogged (leftovers for supper & have unplanned snack cals) / net calories green / 14c water = net cals 89 :smiley: sodium -63 :) sugar green :mrgreen: fiber & protein excellent :smiley: 10c water :(
    3) Work from home / register for free CPE webinar / webinar noon (pace) / Facebook Live recording = :):):):)
    4) Wash dishes :smiley: / one home chore :) / wish youngest brother & T happy bday <3:)
    5) Walk dog = 3.75 mi 1:05:11 & stretched a little (phone rang & choir friend and I had nice, long catch up) :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    6) FLOSS >:) / RETAINERS :smiley:

JFT T 5/12
    1) Move hourly / REMEMBER 5 somethings / hourly stairs break basement to 2nd floor
    2) Meals prelogged (repeat yesterday: leftovers for supper & have enough cals for snacks not decided) / net calories green / 14c water
    3) Work from home ~ need good progress on observation checklists
    4) Walk dog
    5) One home chore
    6) FLOSS / retainers

I feel like this thread is my little personal community. I look forward every day to reading all the posts, to see what everyone is up to, and how you are doing. It's helping me with my new normal, and I've posted/logged more consistently in the past two months than in a LONG time. JFT helps me focus on things that I can control, one day at a time. Thanks, everyone! <3 (((Hugs))) to all those that need them... virtual of course!

SPRING FLOWER CHALLENGE
    🌸🌼🌷🥀 Earn a flower each day 🌺💐🌻🌹
    From 15 April to 31 May (47 days)

Daily Goal: net calories green
    April: 15, 16, 17, 22, 24, 28, 30 [7X] pitiful
    🌸🌼🌷🥀🌺💐🌻
    May: 2, 4, 5, 6, 9, 11 [6X]
    🌹🌸🌼🌷🥀🌺

2020 Goals:
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20)
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race w/ dog on 4/2/20 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33 / Prevention virtual 5K Fun & Fit Team on 5/2/20 I walked 3.48 mi w/ dog in 1:01:10 ave. pace 17:33
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom & more basement boxes Apr. / basement boxes May
    Word for 2020: Persist
  • cesse47
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 I'm right there with you. I don't know what to do with myself fitness & diet wise. I feel like I'm in a good place, but then I look at my actions and they are not those of a happy healthy person. All I do is eat and sleep when I'm home. It's true I eat better when I'm at home than when I'm at work, but only because I take naps when I have nothing to do. There is plenty I could do to be healthy and unlike you I even have the time and opportunity to do it, but I don't. I am disgusted with myself, but am making no changes. I just don't understand why I've fallen off the wagon this last year. In all honesty, I don't think I can even see the wagon anymore...

Self reflection is always hard, self improvement seems impossible these days. My goal as a mother was to be a good role model for my girls. To live a healthy balanced life, showing them that health and fitness, along with faith, are key to happiness. Yet here I am destroying the image I worked do hard for in their younger years. Now I just lay around literally. I get home and I lay down on the couch and take a nap. I get up and eat then reassume my location on the couch. I find no joy in the activities I used to do, like cycling. I'm so out of shape it's just no fun. As a matter of fact it causes panic attacks and anger when I ride now. I'm fat and slow, none of my kit fits and heaven forbid I need to climb a hill. I also used to run and now I struggled to do a 4 mile walk with my daughter. It was hilly, but it was the same hills I used to run. I never thought walking would be challenging for me, unless I was trying to speed walk. This was just a walk out to retrieve her water bottles after her 8 mile run. I tried to cover my heavy breathing, and I refused to slow her down, but I struggled.

I quit making goals on here, because I never hit them, and I just feel defeated. I would say I would ride the Peleton when I got home, but I never did. It just sits there... What a waste.

I'm tired of being disappointed in myself, but I just don't know how to start over this time. Since my fitness journey began in 2002, I have never let myself go this far down. I just don't know that I have the ability to start from scratch again.

Sorry for the diatribe...

@pridesabtch I'm so sorry you're having such a difficult time. One thing you said did strike me ... that faith is one key to happiness. It sounds like you are strong in your faith. Many of the other things you mentioned ... eat & sleep, take naps, disgusted with myself, no joy, etc .... these were things I used to say about myself.

My daughter (has her Master's and owns her own counseling business) forced me to promise to get counseling. And, I finally did. Dealing with depression is no joke and can be very dangerous because it becomes a viscous cycle. Would it be possible for you to talk with someone at your church? Do a video conference with a counselor there? If not, most counselors are doing video sessions now ... perhaps you could contact one. A guided self reflection session may help you figure out why you've bottle-necked and help you develop a plan to get back to your "real" self.

I apologize if I've overstepped. But, I identify with so much of what you are going thru now. And, it was only the many sessions of counseling that finally helped me.

Blessings upon you. <3
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    cesse47 wrote: »

@pridesabtch I'm so sorry you're having such a difficult time. One thing you said did strike me ... that faith is one key to happiness. It sounds like you are strong in your faith. Many of the other things you mentioned ... eat & sleep, take naps, disgusted with myself, no joy, etc .... these were things I used to say about myself.

My daughter (has her Master's and owns her own counseling business) forced me to promise to get counseling. And, I finally did. Dealing with depression is no joke and can be very dangerous because it becomes a viscous cycle. Would it be possible for you to talk with someone at your church? Do a video conference with a counselor there? If not, most counselors are doing video sessions now ... perhaps you could contact one. A guided self reflection session may help you figure out why you've bottle-necked and help you develop a plan to get back to your "real" self.

I apologize if I've overstepped. But, I identify with so much of what you are going thru now. And, it was only the many sessions of counseling that finally helped me.

Blessings upon you. <3

Thank you for the advice. I've shared my struggles with depression on here before, so many of the people know my story. I am actually bipolar with a history of severe depression and occasional bouts of mania. I'm medicated now and much more stable. It took five years to find a "cocktail" that stabilized me. I guess that's why I feel I'm doing well, when in fact, I'm doing better but not well. I do speak with a counselor who is faith based and a psychiatrist for medication. I switched doctors last year and have done better in that I'm not a danger to myself these days. It's a slippery slope. I'm afraid to tell them I'm struggling because changes in medication are scary things, but I do plan on bringing it up with my docs next time I speak with them.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,475 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @SERmom3 I am so happy you joined JFT!

902kl9cgcka8.png
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @pridesabtch - I am so sorry you’re struggling right now. (I’m also sorry that my “braggy” post came up right after yours. I must’ve been typing mine up when yours posted).

You’ve been at this a while, so I know this isn’t new information for you, but just make small changes. Tiny goals. Once you feel the accomplishments again you’ll get back to where you were. The best thing you can do is just keep going.

I remember seeing your posts at the beginning of the year when I joined this thread. You were comparing notes about riding with @teigansdad and I was super impressed! If you’ve been at this since 2002, then you know that this is just a small moment in time...a blip on the radar!

Don’t forget, your goals don’t have to be calorie or weight loss related. What if you started just with logging (don’t worry about staying green). Or make a goal to read the success stories pages. Or the NSV’s. Those always give me motivation.

Give yourself some grace. In our lifetime, there has never been a pandemic that has us all scared and looking for comfort wherever we can. You are not alone. 💕
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    SERmom3 wrote: »
    TODAY IS MY 40th BIRTHDAY!!

Happy Birthday! My original username on here was notfortyyet... I used this site to be in the best shape of my life at 40. I was filled with life and energy. Best of luck to you and congrats on reaching your goals. Now don't let it slip like I did, just keep doing the right things day by day.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I'm late posting today but I'm here. Happy birthday @SERmom3 !!

Yesterday 5/11:

1. Log all food 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal 😁
    3. Go for walk 😁
    4. Do workout 😁

JFT 5/12:

1. Log all food
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Go for walk

🌺🌸🌼SPRING FLOWER CHALLENGE🌼🌸🌺
    🎯 Set your own daily goal 🎯
    🌺🌸🌼 Earn one 💐 for each day 🌼🌸🌺
    ❗️ From 15 April to 31 May (47 days) ❗️

Daily Goal: Stay in the green

April: 19,20,21
    🌺🌸🌺
    May: 11
    🌸
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,067 Member
    Options
    cesse47 wrote: »
    @TerriRichardson112 Tx. I hadn't considered nuts; I'll put them on my next grocery order. In addition to those items you mentioned, I also do Tortilla chips and salsa. 12 chips + salsa is about 100 cal. Sodium is a bit high so only do it on days I'm not heavy on Sodium.
    Most of the 'unhealthy' snacks I eat are around 100 calories. Eg 2 finger kitkat = 105; 3 chocolate digestive thins = 99. I'm just trying to reduce my sugar intake.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    @cesse47 - thanks I just love this group, I started following it in April 2018 and posted daily until about a week before my daughters wedding last summer. This group has been with me through a 20lb loss and now a 20lb gain, through a job loss and search and so much more. I know it’s a big help and it works for me. I just need to get back on track. My Mom is in a nursing home in New Brunswick, I am in Alberta. It’s been a relief that NB had so few cases and have managed this pandemic so well.
    The residents at the home I work in are doing quite well. They don’t seem as stressed and upset as they do when their families visit regularly. It’s surprising actually.

@pridesabtch - I am right there with you. We can do this we just have to get the fire under us. I don’t know when that will be lit.

@PackerFanInGB, @Bex953172 and @mytime6630 I hope you are all doing well.

• TerriRichardson112
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I'm running a day behind 😂 Staying on point but just lost track of posting over the weekend. There isn't much to distinguish one day from the next at the moment. 😂
    🌹🌷🌹🥀🌻🌼🌺🌸🌺🌼🌻🥀🌹🌷🌹
    emj5i4zn5mwn.jpg
    🌹🌷🌹🥀🌻🌼🌺🌸🌺🌼🌻🥀🌹🌷🌹

I am grateful...
    • ...for the rain which my garden needed
    • ...for my continued good health
    To all those essential workers still going out there....
    🙏🏻 Thank you for your service 🙏🏻
    Everyone else, please stay home!!!

What am I doing to keep busy?
    To name a few...
    • working on a Memories Project for my grandson
    • I’ve joined a 14 day on line art challenge (search for painters on line on Facebook) I finished the 14 day challenge, but have been too busy to continue with the extended Challenge.
    • structuring my day
    • morning and evening meditation
    • Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
    • crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
    • HIIT videos off YouTube,
    • yoga/Taichi
    • Walks with DH
    • Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
    • Decluttering
    • Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
    2020 Personal Discard Weight Challenge
    Name: Terri
    My plan is to weigh less at the end of each month than I did at the beginning
    SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
    GW: 147.1
    Jan: - 2
    Feb: - 1.3
    Mar: - 0.9
    Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
    Tue 31 Mar: 147.9
    April:
    Thu 30 April: 149.2
    MAY:
    Week 1:
    Fri 01: 148.9
    Sat 02: 149.2
    Sun 03: 149.2
    Mon 04: 148.6
    Tue 05: 148.6
    Wed 06: 148.6
    Thu 07: 148.5
    Week 2:
    Fri 08: 148.4
    Sat 09: 148.9
    Sun 10: 148.6
    Mon 11: 148.7
    Tue 12: 148.6
    Wed 13:
    Thu 14:

JFT Tues 12 May:
    Daily goals:
    Sleep: 🌷
    Meditation:🌷breathing meditation
    Intentional exercise: > 50 🌷76
    Cardio: > 30🌷Walking, aerobics, dancing,
    Strength: > 10🌷Arms
    Flex: >10🌷Tai chi
    Prelog: stay in the green 🌷
    Weight: < 150🌷
    Steps: > 7500🌷8456
    Fitbit > 6 active hours 🌷12
    Mood: 😎
    Gratitude: I am grateful that
    Activities I got to do today:
    🌷meditation🌷Reading🌷
    🌷Reinstalling my Fitbit 🌷
    🌷Knitting 🌷 writing 🌹Laundry🌷
    🌷Birthday project for Grandson🌷
    🌷Planning essentials shopping tomorrow 🌷
    🌷Live life drawing class on BBC 🌷

🌺🌸🌼SPRING FLOWER CHALLENGE🌼🌸🌺
    🎯 Set your own daily goal 🎯
    🌺🌸🌼 Earn one 💐 for each day 🌼🌸🌺
    ❗️From 15 April to 31 May (47 days)❗️
    Daily Goal:
    50 + minutes intentional exercise
    April: 15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,
    💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐 (16)
    May: 1,2,3,,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12
    💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐

• TerriRichardson112
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I am here, been reading but doing so poorly I haven’t hadn’t much to say.

I am so disappointed in myself but I’m also not able to correct the bad habits that will help my weight gain.

I am finding this whole thing just difficult. Working in a seniors home, not seeing my girls and grandchildren. Rodger is not going to be working this summer. Just a lot going on and I’m not doing as well with it as I want to be.

So I’m here, I’m reading and just don’t have much to contribute right now. I miss you all though.

Tracey, Please don't feel you have nothing to contribute when you are doing such an essential job. It small consolation, I know, but I really admire and appreciate all you key workers who are putting yourselves out there. It's little wonder you feel so stressed, and under pressure. Please lean on us, and unload if you need to. We have broad shoulders.

Dear friends,

We are all living through a worldwide pandemic the like of which we have never experienced. However, the indominatable human spirit has the capacity to rise to meet this challenge. Celebrate every little positive achievement in your daily life. Forgive yourself for any perceived shortcomings at this time, move past them and resolve to take the opportunity each new day brings to rise above them and start over.

We can do this! We will do this! We ARE doing this!!!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 - thanks for your support.

One thing I have decided on is this. As I was losing weight and fit into smaller clothes I got rid of my clothes. I purposely did that so that I had nothing to go back to. My clothes are all pretty tight now and it is a constant reminder to me that I need to do something. I can’t afford new clothes and even if I could I refuse to buy them. I know that it will take me a bit to get back to a comfortable fit but that’s just the price I’m going to have to pay. So I’m going to attempt to walk at least 5km before Saturday and take a lunch the rest of the week.