Options
2»

Replies

• flynntrader
    flynntrader Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    jcrav77 wrote: »
    c3mtyv2zk9pm.jpeg

PS don’t do this! It’s a really “Kitten” thing to do.
    That is the worst of humanity
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    c3mtyv2zk9pm.jpeg

That is the worst of humanity

well....... I can think of a couple of old Germans & Russians that might give'em a run for their money.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    My boss walks into a store the other day to get bottled water for the office. Bottled water has a 2 case limit. She comes back to the office complaining about the 2 case limit "who is hoarding water?", the employees of the store not wearing masks or gloves, and that the employees were cleaning the carts with spic n span.

Never mind that my boss did not wear a mask or gloves, can't understand that she doesn't need 20 cases of water for the office (we have 10 employees on site), she doesn't wipe down any surfaces she touches and she does not cover her mouth when she coughs.

The expectation versus the reality of the situation is grossly disconnected. Those who complain are likely offenders of the same policies.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I'm wearing these:

0000106_2-extra-long-silicone-oven-mitts-with-cotton-lining_750.jpeg

This are THE BEST for flipping turkeys. (I cook upside down for half the time. They don't brown as well, but the breast meat is soooooo juicy!
  • kshama2001
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    iMago wrote: »
    personally, i find the WHO's website very informative when it comes to when and how to wear masks 😷🤒

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/when-and-how-to-use-masks

03rd1uqzpeut.jpg

Ok but Walmart won’t let me in without it

Or Costco, and I would imagine many places will ultimately follow suite. In my state, any employee working whether curbside or in a store must wear a mask and I figure with that in place as of yesterday, it will become pretty much compulsory for these places to also require their costumers to mask up.

I personally don't mind...my eyes are one of my most complimented features...the rest of my face, not so much...so all people see now are my eyes and be all...oooohhh...he's hot!

Pictures!
  • kshama2001
    Options
    c3mtyv2zk9pm.jpeg

I saw gloves all over parking lots in the beginning, but then the stores started putting trashcans near the shopping cart returns and that took care of the problem in my area anyway. I'd been taking off my gloves inside out, disposing of them when I got home, and then washing my hands.

I can't get enough air through a K95 mask, am wearing a bandana, and washing between uses.
  • that_night_in_paris
    that_night_in_paris Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    You can activate a gas pump by phone???

I am the sorriest millennial 😅
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,667 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    personally, i find the WHO's website very informative when it comes to when and how to wear masks 😷🤒

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/when-and-how-to-use-masks

03rd1uqzpeut.jpg

Or Costco, and I would imagine many places will ultimately follow suite. In my state, any employee working whether curbside or in a store must wear a mask and I figure with that in place as of yesterday, it will become pretty much compulsory for these places to also require their costumers to mask up.

I personally don't mind...my eyes are one of my most complimented features...the rest of my face, not so much...so all people see now are my eyes and be all...oooohhh...he's hot!

Pictures!

I'd like to not bring attention to my old lady eyes. Masks definitely highlight that area😑
  • flynntrader
    flynntrader Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

03rd1uqzpeut.jpg

Pictures!

I'd like to not bring attention to my old lady eyes. Masks definitely highlight that area😑
    Some people I know use their bra as masks
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You can activate a gas pump by phone???

I am the sorriest millennial 😅

I was thinking this too!
  • eccentricplaza
    eccentricplaza Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have to disagree with the masks. I went to a restaurant on Mother's Day and only one chick was wearing a mask properly. Everyone else let their nose free, part of their mouth free because of how loose the mask was, or if it looked correct... it was promptly followed by a hand grabbing the center of the mask and a deep deep breath because the waitress was having a hard time breathing. Plus in that environment the customers aren't wearing masks, and I feel like the masks are giving a false sense of security in that fashion. And the staff constantly touching them to redjust it (and no hand washing while doing that) doesn't really seem like it's going to help that much. Being as distant as possible, save for the act of bringing food to the table, seems more appropriate. Do what can be done to reduce the viral load being put out by "healthy" people, but the madks from my experience are just people doing what they're told, with no effort (especially when the attention is split with a job like waiting tables) to be meticulous about ignoring it and stopping the moment they touch a mask before grabbing the menus to say "Sorry, I need to wash my hands I'll be right back".

Also, people need to learn to cough into their elbows just in general. You can wear gloves and a mask all you want, but if you even just choked on water or a granola bar, don't hack into your hands and proceed to touch all the things. The worst part about grocery shopping is knowing that has happened, because I've watched it happen.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    If you are in fear of people not wearing a mask or not using them properly, then you should wear a mask and not worry about what others are doing. Protect yourself.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you are in fear of people not wearing a mask or not using them properly, then you should wear a mask and not worry about what others are doing. Protect yourself.

Nah, the masks most people are using is limiting how much they spread their germs around, but isn't going to prevent you from getting the virus if singular particles do come your way.

If you are concerned you are high risk you need to just do your pest to stay away from anyone, period.