do you log every single food you eat?

Options

Replies

• pinkandstars09
    Options
    i do good for awhile but then fall off the wagon. Funny thing is my other half and i split and i have lost 5 pounds lol.
  • timtamslam
    timtamslam Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Not everything, but that's just down to pure lazyness. But I don't log every bit of exercise either it's swings and roundabouts really.
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    If it goes in my mouth, it goes in my log. My trainer can't help me if I'm not honest with her or myself.

Absolutely agree! Also important to do if you are trying to stay on track any of your macronutrients or any of your micros as well rather than just counting the calories.
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Everything lol :laugh:

"A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips" is one of my favourite sayings :bigsmile:
  • Garrett1234
    Garrett1234 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Yup. Every last raisin.
  • trishlambert
    trishlambert Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    If you don't log it all you're only fooling yourself. You need to in order to see the full picture.

I agree. MFP itself has no impact on our results, it's just a tool. So not logging what I eat isn't going to rebound on anyone but me. For me, talking myself out of logging is the start of the backslide because the part of me that's trying to wriggle out is also the part that eats when I'm not hungry, says it's okay to eat that fattening thing "just this once," and all the other self-talk that's kept me yo-yoing through the years.

I don't find logging a hardship at all. The may be because in the past I've tried the hand written food journal and the spreadsheet method of tracking what I ate. THOSE were pains! MFP is terrific...not only does it automatically calculate stuff and make it easy to log when I'm mobile because of the smartphone app, but because the members are great about adding to the food database, I have yet to log something that wasn't already there! Beats the heck out of the old days, when I had to research calorie counts either with books or online sites....that kind of thing is why I never stuck to the one way that's ever helped me lose weight in a healthy manner.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    LOG EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those "little bites" can add up to significant calories everyday. You are just hurting yourself by not doing this.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I log everything too - if your not going to.. who are you hiding it from? It is what it is.. my diary is scary sometimes but it's getting better with the more honest I am. Usually the smaller bites have WAY more calories than you think!
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I try to log everything, but I rarely do "bites" of anything. If I were to take a "bite" of something good, I would not be able to resist eating more, so I try not to do that.

Good luck...
  • notebelow
    notebelow Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I don't always log the exact amount of liquids I drink, so I may be off a few calories for the squash in the bottle i swig from at work. But I will always log all the foods, else whats the point?
  • BeanyFrog13
    BeanyFrog13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I do a mix of recording all of the things I eat (even if it IS just one bite or one smartie or whatever :) ) and pre-planning meals into the diary ahead of schedule which is also great for letting me know if I've any wiggle room left for treats at the end of the day :D I guesstimate based on how many would be in 100g and then whittling that down to one, it's not precise but if I have doubts I always make it slightly more than it should be by 1 or 2 :)
  • Connie_TN
    Options
    Yes I log everything. yes it can be tedous but I can look back at the end of the day and see where I am failing myself. I am a grazer...bites here and bites there. I have had to retrain myself not to graze. It is a hard thing to do and I am working on it every single day. If I don't get it under controll before my Sleeve Surgery it will definately defeat the purpose.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I log ALMOST every single thing. at the end of the day, i often have just over 100 calories left when i finish logging. if, later in the evening, i have a coffee (77cals the way i like it) i don't bother putting it in. but if i was really close or over, i log it, so that at the end of the week, I know where i went wrong.
  • MarciaKeeth
    Options
    I have to keep myself honest because for me it's just too easy to pretend I'm not over eating. One little bite may not make a big difference, but many one little bites add up. That's how I added back on so many of the pounds that I lost the first time around. Not going there again.
  • SyChloKelsey
    Options
    As Tyra Banks put it wisely....if you bite it....write it...:happy:
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I don't take bites of food! I measure and then eat, even if it's 1/2 an ounce or 1/4 of an ounce. Those hidden calories add up, and the scale won't go down and you'll be saying, "Why aren't I losing any weight?" or "Why did I only lose 1/2 a lb?" and the answer will be all the little things you didn't add up.
  • jumperchick
    Options
    yes i do ! but i dont ever log drinks...i dont drink any thing with cals but i should still prob log them.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I log absolutely everything - even when I'm way over in the red. Really holds me accountable for what I'm eating which is how I've succeeded at this rather than my previous scatty and greedy eating habits! x
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I log it all! I think this has helped me the most at work, where I tend to graze on M&M's from a coworker's giant candy dispenser. They lure me in with their pretty colors and delicious chocolateness. I log every single one - did you know that the peanut butter ones are like 12 cals each? So if I eat 5....I'm at 60 calories. It adds up quickly!

Logging helps keep me in check, and if I do go candy-crazy, I can balance out the rest of my day to make up for it.
  • brightanna
    Options
    i don't log tea, coffee or diet drinks. the rest yes.