Let’s support each other

Options

Replies

• greenkaren731
    greenkaren731 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That’s fantastic. Well done you! It’s baby steps all the way. I need to go for a little walk with my two dogs. It’ll do me the world of good. I suffer anxiety so it’s not always possible to leave the house but I’m feel great so far.. day 4 today and stuck to it religiously. 💪🏻
  • mssue18
    mssue18 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You can do it! Walking is really helpful. Baby steps for you too to get out and walk. It gave me some extra calories that I didn’t use, and helped me have some success today.
  • mssue18
    Options
    I’m doing ok so far. This is the third day I’m logging everything I eat, and I’ve walked 20 min. on 2 days. I’m so hoping I lose weight this week. My weigh in day is Friday. I do get weighed every day though. It keeps me focused. After reading what I just wrote, I’m doing great!
  • mssue18
    Options
    Should I exercise just to give me extra calories I can eat? That’s cutting corners and not exercising for health. Is exercise and calorie count only for the amount of food you can eat? Today, I’m a little confused.
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, way to go, with your attitude you will get there!

I'm back for about the 400th time now, starting over yet again, etc etc.
    One day, one day...
  • greenkaren731
    greenkaren731 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    @CM_73 it’s tough I know. Staying motivated and trying to lose weight is one of the hardest things. I’ve battled from being 22 so a looonnng time 🤣 keeping it off is the hardest. I think you have to be in the right mindset. I’ve wanted to do this for so long but made excuses and slipped into depression or something’s got in the way. I woke up 7 days ago and thought today’s the day I take the reigns and start to move more. I do have mobility issues which carrying extra weight isn’t going to help so here I am and I’m loving it. Got myself a Fitbit and I’m motivated and focused like never before. You too can do this 💪🏻
  • mssue18
    Options
    Today I weighed myself for my weekly weigh in. I lost .2 lbs. I’m happy because I was able to stabilize from a month ago. I’m the same as I was then. This is my 6th day of tracking again. I’m getting into a routine. This app is great!
  • mssue18
    Options
    I want to have a goal for the next week. Actually, I want to work on goal setting. Anyone have a goal for the next week that they want to share? How did you decide on it?
  • mssue18
    Options
    How is everyone doing? I’ve been able to stick to my calorie goal so far this week. I have yet to start exercising regularly. I’ve had to stay indoors and couldn’t do my walking. I need a boost to do it.
  • jordanconroy23
    jordanconroy23 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Lol motivation is just what I need quick to give advice crap and motivating my own words lmao
  • mssue18
    Options
    I lost 1.2 this week for a total of 1.4 in two weeks. I’m happy to lose. I wasn’t exercising so now if I start walking I hope to lose more.
  • mssue18
    Options
    I’ve started to walk for the last 3 days. I’m walking up to 1 1/2 miles. I feel good to finally be walking again. My job is pretty physical so if I tracked my steps there I would have many more, but I don’t track at work. I can’t carry my phone all day, and that’s all I have right now. I’m still doing better than I was. Good luck to everyone!
  • drumj5921
    drumj5921 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Jason, I came here hoping to meet someone to help me with my fitness journey but.. it looks like everyone is busy or already had someone to work with
    . I'm new here I'm gonna leave this because no one seems to care.
  • mssue18
    Options
    Does anyone know how to track exercise like walking? I list it under cardio and describe it each time as new exercise and describe it as walking. The app gives me an alert and says this description already exists. I don’t know how to track walking each day. Is there a certain way to do it?
  • mssue18
    Options
    I’m doing well keeping up with tracking food and walking. The only thing though, is I’m feeling like I need some encouragement to keep my motivation high. I’m hungry the last 2 days and don’t like cleaning up after I make something so it’s harder for me to cook. I hope I have a good night tonight. This journey is hard!
  • mssue18
    Options
    I got past a little hump yesterday and found some motivation. I walked again today for 30 min. and have been able to stay with my calorie goal for today so far. I can make cucumber tomato salad yet tonight so I plan to do that hopefully. Hope you all are doing well.
  • mssue18
    Options
    It’s very good to support each other. Today I was feeling guilty that I’m not eating enough. That is such a change from feeling guilty that I ate too much. I can eat more than I do some days. So why don’t I? It’s something we all can think about.
  • mssue18
    Options
    How is everyone doing? I’ve lost 7 lbs. since I started again in the middle of May. It’s slow but I’ll take it! Let’s support each other and keep it going! Good luck!
  • sherrismelko1970
    sherrismelko1970 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am looking for support and encouragement. I walk 6 days a week, sometimes 4.0 miles or more. I am currently at 214lbs. I used to be 265lbs. Hoping to get support and get some friendships. I am very determined to beat this weight loss.
  • mssue18
    Options
    Hi again. I’m going to visit my mom this weekend out of town. I’m planning on sticking to my calorie goal which is a challenge when I’m visiting her. I’m taking some of my own food. Hopefully it will be easier. I can use all the support I can get. I can do this!