Options

Replies

• a_rodgers
    Options
    bump!! :love: :love:
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. I'll have to make some this coming weekend.
  • phoebe2488
    phoebe2488 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome!!! Thanks!
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I make these with just pumpkin, the cake mix and if the batter is too thick a bit of water. They come out moist and delicious. When I wasn't dieting I threw in coconut and nuts and it was wonderful!!! You can also try any flavor of cake mix with the pumpkin......the pumpkin does not have a flavor just acts as the oil and the egss. I loved a chocolate cake mix in it with nuts and coconut.

I have no idea how many calories though are in the cake mix......

The batter will be thick and will not rise much so they sometimes come out looking really ugly but they taste the same. It can be cooked as muffins or in a 9 in pan. I like the muffins best but the pan works, too.

The original recipe did not call for any water but several of us found that they needed a bit more of moisture to get the batter in the pan. I add up to half a cup sometimes. I think it depends upon the cake mix or something because sometimes it just has a different mixture quality to it.
  • roblow65
    roblow65 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    This sounds wonderful, thanks for posting! :tongue:
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Yummy. Tnx for sharing...will need to try
  • MissB0949
    MissB0949 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I have been craving Starbucks pumpkin loaf too.
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Will be trying this one for sure!
  • LilChickPea
    LilChickPea Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    These sound fantastic!
  • dragon45
    Options
    Thanks for sharing I love pumpkin for the holidays.
  • keyer23
    keyer23 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Is anyone having trouble finding regular canned pumpkin? All I can find is canned pumpkin pie mix. It is loaded with corn syrup and has 3-4 times more calories! Would love to hear from someone in the Cleveland, OH area as to what food store you found it at. Thanks!
  • pjholcomb
    pjholcomb Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Bump? What does bump mean?
  • pjholcomb
    pjholcomb Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    To Keyer ... we are having the same problem. We were told by our local Giant that there were some bad weather conditions that caused the pumpkin crop to not do well and there is a shortage of canned pumpkin. The only place I have been able to find pumpkin is the health food store (Common Market) and it was over $3 a can!! Good luck ... :smile:
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    There was a shortage on pumpkin last year, too. It was hard to find.
  • Autumn15
    Options
    Made these this morning using Soy milk and they turned out Amazing...Like little bites of heaven!!!! Yummy!
  • cba4994
    cba4994 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    yumm!!!!!
  • truedecember
    truedecember Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Yum, bumping!
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    these muffins sound wonderful. just a question, in the OP you said u used an egg substitute. are the food values (like fat) correct for the substitute, or with egg? I just want to make adjustments to what I record if necessary.
  • officiallymrswhite
    Options
    these muffins sound wonderful. just a question, in the OP you said u used an egg substitute. are the food values (like fat) correct for the substitute, or with egg? I just want to make adjustments to what I record if necessary.

The nutrition facts listed are with using egg substitute. Good question!