Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Hey all..... finally in the office today. we are "phasing in" our team as we return to work. Indiana has been slowly getting things back open and running. The governor has actually moved up the third phase by a few days because things have been going better than expected. For the most part, people have been cooperating with the restrictions. Of course, there are those who refuse, but seriously, the majority of those are the cretins who never do anything but what they want and never follow rules anyway.
    I am fighting to get myself back into a routine and back to caring about eating and exercising. I have absolutely no motivation. All I want to do is sleep 90% of the time. I am constantly tired so exercising is never appealing. Weird to think that once upon a time, I actually used to look forward to my workouts and felt deprived if I didn't do them. I would like to have that feeling again. Of course, my weight has shot up and I am upset about that. But I guess not upset enough to feel like doing anything about it, because I would rather take a nap! Ugh!
  • Wulfendire
    Wulfendire Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Seems I am doing so well at work that I get to learn something new! Darn!! I am trying to ignore my boss.

Ravenclaw is that your cat??

Gotta love when the higher-ups take notice...

Yep, that's my spunky cat. She's equal parts lovable and tortitude. LOL

I hope your training goes well today!

~~~

Lana, that's awful you're having so many rainy days in a row. I hope tomorrow is a sunny day!

~~~

Well, I overdid it and I'm flaring again. Out of stress and frustration, I went over my calorie goal last night, too. Ugh!

Today, my plan is to just rest and stay within my calorie goal.
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all. Lana, let's zoom soon. We had 3 days of rain, 1 day of sun, and now cloudy again. At least it's not below 40F.

Sara, remember when you do your job well, you get rewarded with more work :)

@Ravenclaw_Zebra, welcome.

I am sore still from Tuesday's over-exertion, but will keep walking, adding a bit of jogging every other day. Weight dropped by a lb today. I am motivated by seeing progress.

My kids are so sweet--one brought me cheesecake by surprise. I will have to ask them not to; my daughter always brings a plate of cake from any party she attends. They know how I love it--and truthfully, I rarely indulge, which they also know. Still, I will ask them to refrain for a while; not sure how well i can handle it in the long run. I had about 2/3rds of my cals left yesterday, so it wasn't a big deal to eat it. And I'm not worried about it. But I know in the long run, it could be a problem. Still, I know they enjoy treating me. A "good" problem to have.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,329 Member
    Options
    What is left of my lunch break- training went well and it is not a difficult thing. There was a third person in the online meeting and I got half a compliment - she made a compliment and then conditioned it by saying - well you know after I tell you you do something right you then for some reason make mistakes again. I only am hearing the first half of the comment.

Lana - Hot tea/coffee - curl up and watch a good movie. Go out to your car and knit??? Oops that's me.

Hang in there.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    I got my netflix and a card for Tillie from Lana - had to take a nap. I also tried to get on a zoom room to meet my knitting friends online, but I had 2 sessions open so I could see them but I could only chat...... maybe next time.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I finally got my CVA certificate! Took me way too long... but, I did it...I wish I could say, I didn't reward myself with ice cream.. but, I totally did...

Kathryn- so good to see you! I feel exact same way... no motivation, just want to sleep... and, i've been going to work every day... huge hugs
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning

TGIF all over the place.

Kathryn what precautions are you to take when you are at work? What are "mandatory" if anything? Our company threatens to make us come back to work sometime in July - there are hundreds of people in the same building this should prove interesting - so I am curious what other companies do.

Ordered a really nice skillet online. Mine are so old and the non stick is pointless so in my attempt to ramp up my healthiness I need to cook with something better - it is not non stick and right now I am okay with that.

Miss T liked her dog themed card Aunt Lana. She is up and contemplating her dry food.

I was waiting for someone to come out and play last night - didnt happen - but I crocheted another mask adjuster so they can wear the elastic part on their necks and not their ears. Once I get the pattern down I can sit anywhere and make them - not quite yet though.

Three day weekend for many - any plans?

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,840 Member
    Options

Good morning Sara -

Where is Jean Pierre? I need more coffee!

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Oh, Dawn - Way to go, girl!

5bblcycidbdw.png

Cheers!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - thank you that is a good one! Jean Pierre went to Paris to pick up French Roast for you. I told him he had better bring another cboy as it is a 3 day weekend, we are bored and we dont want to clean house for fun.

I missed you Dawn in my first post (at 2am brain cells are not firing) - absolutely fabulous (fabulous seems to be my word of the week) and I know the animals you encounter as CVA will just love you. Does this mean more job opportunities and with any luck more $$?

Dog would rather sleep than walk and that is fine by me. She will let me know when she is ready.

Just glad its Friday
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - I LOVE that: "Its' a 3 day weekend, we are bored, and we don't want to clean house for fun."

😉
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    iw3umprbuw02.png

kbw2owt0m012.png

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara Sara Sara~~~~~

2ofp9rqhc16t.png

Holy Cannoli ! Look who Jean Pierre brought back from Paris via Cannes.......
    Valentin was free because the Cannes International Film Festival has been put on ice, and he has always wanted to see our Cabana Club!

I'm told he excels at pillow fluffing!

Ladies: Happy Hour at 5PM today 🍇

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    iw3umprbuw02.png

kbw2owt0m012.png

These Puppers say it perfectly!!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana I am changing my social calendar tonight to be at the Cabana club. Wowie.
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Dawn, congratulations. That is a wonderful achievement.

Wet days are back for the foreseeable future. I don't remember a May this wet. It's usually the best month in many ways, although we do have a long and lovely autumn.

Had 2 nice walks today; this evening was gorgeous despite the forecast and the weather earlier.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Oh, Dawn - Way to go, girl!

5bblcycidbdw.png

Cheers!

Thank you very much
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Lana - thank you that is a good one! Jean Pierre went to Paris to pick up French Roast for you. I told him he had better bring another cboy as it is a 3 day weekend, we are bored and we dont want to clean house for fun.

I missed you Dawn in my first post (at 2am brain cells are not firing) - absolutely fabulous (fabulous seems to be my word of the week) and I know the animals you encounter as CVA will just love you. Does this mean more job opportunities and with any luck more $$?

Dog would rather sleep than walk and that is fine by me. She will let me know when she is ready.

Just glad its Friday

Thank you very much! In bigger towns/ cities, I would definitely have more job opportunities and more $$ Here, not so much... although, if I were to go to another clinic in my area, i'm hopeful that my starting pay would be comparable to my current salary...

I'm with Miss T... more sleep, less walk...

Happy Friday
  • arniedog74
    Options
    mkculs13 wrote: »
    Dawn, congratulations. That is a wonderful achievement.

Wet days are back for the foreseeable future. I don't remember a May this wet. It's usually the best month in many ways, although we do have a long and lovely autumn.

Had 2 nice walks today; this evening was gorgeous despite the forecast and the weather earlier.

Thank you so much!

Rainy days here, too... never fails for a holiday weekend
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Weekend's here... tourists are everywhere! EVERYWHERE! The traffic has not stopped, ALL day! Heading into work this morning, 7:45 , I knew it was going to be crazy... on the way home, I was only car in my lane...15 minutes and traffic just kept coming..I know, we need the tourists... but, they are buying up everything and leaving nothing for the locals.. i'm ready for Fall..lol