Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• megbeveridge93
    megbeveridge93 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hi and happy new year, everyone! I took a break for the holidays but I'm back on and committed! I started Whole30 on Tuesday (new year new me??) so I'm not allowed to count calories, but I'm logging food anyway to look at only macronutrients. I've literally been covering the part of the screen that shows calories so I can't see it!

Runa - good for you taking all that initiative! I know how hard it can be. I just had my psychiatrist appointment last week and gave in to increasing my meds. It's always hard to admit you need more help, but you're doing great!
    Steppers - how do you do it??
    Tess - welcome back! If you have any meal planning tips, please share! I'm terrible at it.

Cheers,
    Megan
  • marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Megan- I do two mail runs across corporate headquarters which is multiple buildings. That said I need to get my butt in gear and actually take a walk after work when it's clear that I'm coming up short.

I want to do the whole30 so baaaaad!!!
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Yesterday only got in 5000 steps. I know I will not get many today because of phys therapy appointment tonight. I am always just a puddle of goo when therapist is done torturing me. I have been tracking food and amazingly have been squeaking in right under my calorie goal.

Damage from the holidays was not as bad as I had feared. I am trying to help my sister though. She has gained 21 pounds since August. I think it has more to do with her thyroid issues than anything. She promised to go to the doctor and get checked out.

I still have not caught up on posts. I may just have to make this a fresh start and say Hi Everyone and Happy New Year and go from here!
  • megbeveridge93
    megbeveridge93 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I walk my dog in the mornings, but I keep running late so they've gotten shorter. Can't walk at night around here so I need to get moving during work! Drinking all this water is giving me a step boost though lol
    I want to do the whole30 so baaaaad!!!

No time like the present!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,331 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Food break at desk, I cannot eat and work at desk. Flying yogurt should give you an idea.

Feels like I am digging a hole with a teaspoon work wise - earphones on loud later to stop snoring.

Good to see you stop by Tess! Got back up to my pre WW weight but I am fitting into pants I couldnt pre WW so not quite the same body.

BBL
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    WHOLE30 is difficult - good luck! I tried it once. I tend now to eat more Paleo - Heavy on veggies and fruits, meat and fats. Cut out refined sugars and grains. I still eat those though - obvious with my weight (: Mostly I strive for whole foods - not processed. That I do well at. leaving candy and noodles alone - not so much (:
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the New Year off sick. Blah. Just a cold, but miserable. Hoping it doesn't last long. I feel like i'm starving, but can barely breathe and eat at the same time, so breathing wins.

Congrats to everyone on steps and being motivated. In my mind, I want to get there. At the moment, bed keeps calling me.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,844 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

Dashing through

🤗🤗🤗

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    9854 total steps- those looking to add more steps - walk your breaks.

Shower done, dishwasher running. Watch something online and knit then lights out.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning, TGIF

Hello Missy - another early bird! Good for you. Each little step helps. Those coffee creamers have sugar we forget about.

Christmas lights come down this weekend - rain starts tomorrow and goes through most next week, so more housework and less walking?? We shall see.

I can do without holidays mid week, dont know if I am coming or going.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking on this wonderful Friday.
  • marsellilove
    Options
    8.5k steps yesterday :unamused: gotta get that number up consistently. It's hard to take a walk after work but I really need to get into the habit.

Meghan- last time I tried it failed because of the amount of non plan food I had around that I wasn't willing to throw out or give away, it was totally a money thing. I'm working on using up those pantry staples and only buying new dry/canned good that will work on it so next time I go into it, it wont be a financial stress.
  • marsellilove
    Options
    I meant Megan, sorry I'm also a Meghan ahahah
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! Lurking from work!
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday all!!

I’ve been doing well, all things considering! Had a bit of a splurge last night, but back on it today. Since Wednesday I’ve completed 3 workouts - so that is huge as well! I did weigh myself the other day and I didn’t do too bad over the holidays - gained 3 lbs, so hopefully I can have that back off soon.

It’s a rainy yucky day so I did my heavy lifting (StrongLifts) indoors. Tomorrow will be couch to 5k/long walk, and then I’ll double up Sunday with the lifts and run/walk!

Another win was trying a new healthy take out option today after work! And I only ate half. Wins.

Now to relax and enjoy some tea! I got an electric kettle for Christmas and I love it!

Have a happy Friday all!
  • marsellilove
    Options
    I hit 10.3k today yes yes yes. Ate terribly, and cherry white chocolate cookies are dangerous.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    total 12174 steps let me wander off to bed......

Chocolate found me too today. Just is.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Lady at work who will be joining my department told me to forgive myself for buying what I have and forgive myself for throwing it away. That is making it a little easier to start tossing things.

Regular errands and when I go to pick up meds today I have an answer for them if they say my refill isnt ready......

Dog is having cough so put her back on her allergy meds and waiting to see - she is hungry and wants to play.

Back for more sleep. Wave to all who follow.
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Lady at work who will be joining my department told me to forgive myself for buying what I have and forgive myself for throwing it away.

I think “forgive myself” should be the motto for 2019. :smile:

Gray Saturday morning in the nation’s capital. Having a lovely slow start to the day and plan to head to the gym for a workout before meeting friends for dinner at a Thai restaurant.

Have done well with keeping calories under goal this week, even if I wasn’t able to hit 10K steps every day. I was able to fit a couple of intense gym workouts in so feel good about that. I do weekly weigh-ins, on Sundays, so hoping the scale shows progress but encouraging myself to chill if it doesn’t. Long term goals, long term goals... :smile:

Cheers,

Tess