Serial Starters

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,913 Member
    Twiley510 wrote: »
    My cookie jar now has a purpose. I've decided to keep my alternative flours in it. My canisters have wheat flour, sugar, etc in them for my SO and for dishes i make for the Moose Lodge. So, I'll use the cookie jar to hide my zip bags full of coconut flour and almond flour or my artificial sweeteners.

To be fair to my mom, it is a Pioneer Woman cookie jar in the shape of a dog. I do like Pioneer Woman cookware.

What a great idea. My grandmother used her cookie jar for sugar for years. I have this one and it sits on my counter empty. It still has her label on it, I think when I put it back out after I take down the holiday decorations I will put my sugar in it. Brilliant!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,913 Member
    Hey everyone, I’m still reading not doing a lot of posting. I find it hard on my phone and being able to get the computer for any length of time is hard to come by. I think I need a laptop.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,377 Member
    not enough steps have a tweek in my hip but will go out before dinner

will stop by later for total steps and post more
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Hello all!

Phew! Just got back from Jacksonville two hours ago. Tried to keep things pretty healthy but it’s hard there. My husbands family eats out for almost every meal! We tried to pick healthier options out... did our couch to 5k workout, but then everyone got/made me dessert for my birthday that was two weeks ago. Super sweet. I indulged, but not too much. Regardless, I can tell when I eat faster/unhealthy food - it makes my stomach upset! It hasn’t been too happy the last few nights.

Tomorrow is NYE. Going to do my workout, and then relax and enjoy the evening home. Sad the holiday season is coming to a close, but glad all the food/extra sweets are going away.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    total steps 6509

very cold air here is telling in my joints, so will hang out with Miss T and heating pad before lights out.

Eryn - I agree - time to finish the holiday goodies and ban them from the house.

Great idea for cookie jar - mine has cookie cutters in it. I can find a better use for it for sure.

Glad everyone survived their week. Monday is coming quickly. Pinching nose.

Wishing all a good night.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,954 Member
    Just checking in.....
    Too much food today.
    Tomorrow 7 hours in the car w family driving up to Quincy IL.
    I hope I can stay awake until midnight! 😯

Hugs to all~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    MONDAY

Good morning,

"0" change on scale - nice change and potential improvement. Extra food stops when it is finished no buying more of the extras will focus on getting a good day of food in and call it enough. How will you end 2018?

Lower back sacrum is talking, heating pads and walking. Quality time in bathroom will also help - afraid to get "kittened".

Lana - hope you stay awake - it isnt Times Square in Quincy!! My neighbors will let me know so I will put kettle on and have herb tea while I wait for the idiots to run out of energy at midnight.

Will lurk from work. Wave to all who follow.
  • marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    So I got intensely sick and so did most of my family and friends. I gained a bit of weight from eating friend rice as the only solid food I could get down for a few days. Real homemade food still isn't appealing yet but hopefully it'll pass and I'll be able to eat my own food again. First day back at work since and we have tomorrow off! These midweek holidays man...
  • marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    Does anyone have that issue where food doesn't taste right and everything smells weird after being sick? Ugh my breakfast tasted like it came from a hospital...
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Happy NYE everyone!

So glad I took today off. Got to sleep in some, and I just got my workout done! I feel good about that.

Going to try and make a fabulous dinner tonight and not over-do it too much. Staying at home with husband, doggies, siblings, and my Mom. Should be nice.

marsellilove - Glad you're feeling better! Hopefully food tastes better for you soon!

Lana - Good luck with your drive!!

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    I am definitely ready for this year to end. My Grandma, that I hadn't seen in 20+ years, passed away yesterday. 26 years to the day, since my Dad (her son) died. How crazy is that? He was her baby boy. I feel guilty, because my cousin said she had been asking about me for awhile. I never went to visit. It's hard to want to see someone who always treated you and your mom horrible. Sounds like that family is doing just as well as mine.. which means, with Gma gone and Gpa has Dementia, it's going to be just like my mom's. I don't need any more of that.

Going to friends house tonight. First New Year's eve we've done anything. They live close and on back roads. So, hope not much traffic when we head home. If I even make it very late. So tired.

Lana- hope you stay warm in Quincy. It is so cold in Mo. Calling for snow on Thursday.... ugh

Everyone have a safe and Happy New Year!
  • Tilliesmommy1

nffj0jim82u5.png

km13tlcpke2x.png

• Tilliesmommy1
    9256 total steps.

Wonder if I should do Chinese again or have a smaller one meal at another? Will ponder it until tomorrow.

Wishing all a good night and Happy New Year.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    TUESDAY

Good morning, Happy New Year

Lots of fireworks etc and poor Miss T was a shaking mess, so she found her safe spot. Back to sleep around 1:30 compliments of neighbors so while I am up now - morning schedule will be a little off as I try and get more sleep.

Wave to all who follow. BBL.
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Happy New Year! Hope 2019 is a great year for all - filled with joyful surprises and challenges you can handle. :smile:

Best,

Tess
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    Do you follow any kinda of program? If thinking of trying a modified Keto or Paleo diet. I don’t think i could do strictly Keto.

Thank you for the kind words!

I am following Keto as recommended by my doctor. Also on a bio-identical hormone and supplement program. I'm not currently exercising. I tried a six week Boot Camp Challenge, but I hated it. I will be starting back to yoga next week with bonus treadmill on Tuesdays.

A note on my Keto, I stayed super strict for sixty days. I have allowed myself a bit of chocolate lately, if it fits my macros.

Amy Smith's Facebook group "Push For Your Better" (also recommended by my doctor) has been a wonderful resource. I don't buy any special products. Focus on whole fresh food and portion control.

Wishing you great success!
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    edited January 2019
    1etgx8gv2zn0.jpeg

A view from my window just after midnight. Wasn’t even paying attention... a calm and quiet new year... with the exception of the fireworks 🎇

01/10/2018 331.1 lbs
    06/02/2018 344.7 lbs
    01/01/2019 323 lbs

I started last year merely tracking for several months. Then I began incorporating more water and exercise. In September, I started to focus on staying below my calories. I have gone over 5-12 days a month. But in the first half of the year, I was over by about 2000-5000 calories several days a week. Since September, I am usually over by about 500-2000 calories due to a holiday or depressive episode. So, that is a huge NSV.

Here’s to better health and self love in 2019!!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    6319 total steps about 4000 more than I would have gotten this time last year.

Ham and broccoli quiche this week (mushrooms sat too long and got tossed) for dinners.

Nice hot shower then tuck in with Miss T.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Glad the wonky schedule is gone until next year. Two Mondays two weeks in a row - almost illegal.

Did anyone make an official New Years Resolution?

Warmer mornings for dog walk after today with rain coming. Winds have cleared valley and we can see the snow in the mountains from some of the freeway overpasses.

Lurking from work. Wave to all who follow.