Serial Starters

Replies

• tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Happy New Year! Hope 2019 is a great year for all - filled with joyful surprises and challenges you can handle. :smile:

Best,

Tess
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    Do you follow any kinda of program? If thinking of trying a modified Keto or Paleo diet. I don’t think i could do strictly Keto.

Thank you for the kind words!

I am following Keto as recommended by my doctor. Also on a bio-identical hormone and supplement program. I'm not currently exercising. I tried a six week Boot Camp Challenge, but I hated it. I will be starting back to yoga next week with bonus treadmill on Tuesdays.

A note on my Keto, I stayed super strict for sixty days. I have allowed myself a bit of chocolate lately, if it fits my macros.

Amy Smith's Facebook group "Push For Your Better" (also recommended by my doctor) has been a wonderful resource. I don't buy any special products. Focus on whole fresh food and portion control.

Wishing you great success!
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    edited January 2019
    1etgx8gv2zn0.jpeg

A view from my window just after midnight. Wasn’t even paying attention... a calm and quiet new year... with the exception of the fireworks 🎇

01/10/2018 331.1 lbs
    06/02/2018 344.7 lbs
    01/01/2019 323 lbs

I started last year merely tracking for several months. Then I began incorporating more water and exercise. In September, I started to focus on staying below my calories. I have gone over 5-12 days a month. But in the first half of the year, I was over by about 2000-5000 calories several days a week. Since September, I am usually over by about 500-2000 calories due to a holiday or depressive episode. So, that is a huge NSV.

Here’s to better health and self love in 2019!!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,328 Member
    6319 total steps about 4000 more than I would have gotten this time last year.

Ham and broccoli quiche this week (mushrooms sat too long and got tossed) for dinners.

Nice hot shower then tuck in with Miss T.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Glad the wonky schedule is gone until next year. Two Mondays two weeks in a row - almost illegal.

Did anyone make an official New Years Resolution?

Warmer mornings for dog walk after today with rain coming. Winds have cleared valley and we can see the snow in the mountains from some of the freeway overpasses.

Lurking from work. Wave to all who follow.
  • marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    I started my New Years resolutions but dialing back a bit: Loose 10 pounds instead of 30, keep a wall calendar instead of trying to plan everything in an agenda, focus on nutrition instead of calories. The Big One how ever is to get rid of old furniture and start fresh which is a bit of a production...
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Happy New Year everyone! I have not stepped on the scale yet - will do so soon. I am starting over again with the new year, new me talk. I over indulged the entire holiday season, but enjoy alot of great company!
    My resolution - be kind to myself and treat my body like it should be treated.
    Twiley - CONGRATS on the goal! that is awesome!
    TilliesMom- sacrum/lower back. If you find any good cures please let me know. I have been through PT, chiro and actually get once a month massages to keep mine in check. Still pain many times - not debilitating, but annoying. Everyone blames my sacrial joint? I do have another goal of getting my core back in shape - hoping that will help.
    I hope 2019 brings everyone health and happiness!
    Lynn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    masell - my clean up job is a serious project so it also involves large objects..... so slowly I go.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Happy New Year everyone!!

oh my gosh! 66 new posts! this will take me forever to catch up! LOL
  • Tilliesmommy1
    marsell - at work trying to be sneaky - means typos like crazy!!
  • brennerjlb
    Still catching up on posts - Runa - great that you could see the fireworks from your window. And CONGRATS on the NSV and the weight loss!

Here we go:
    CW196.8
    HW 209
    GW 170
    30 weeks until my daughters wedding.
    So to recap- I am back to where I was when I started counting down many weeks ago with the group - UGH. BUT not higher, so that is I guess a plus and not surprising due to my eating habits the last two weeks. So here we go - the countdown is real. Average of 1 pound per week until the wedding!
  • marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    So following Tilliesmommy’s example because I think I’ll start sharing my step count here to help hold myself more accountable.

9.1 k today
    10 k goal

Not too shabby!

Runa: I wish more of the gyms and community centers around me had pools 🤨 I hope the GI appointment goes well!

• Tilliesmommy1
    10837 total steps

I thought I posted! oops.

Wishing all a good night.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,837 Member

🤦🏼‍♀️
    Being with DH’s family has been so distracting that I forget to check in with you all.
    Laptop is still non-functioning

Big hugs to all!
    Lana

No scale to weigh
    No journaling of food
    😳
  • Tilliesmommy1
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Got slammed with a flood of claims when I got back yesterday - many were easy and had a triple digit production day which is rare. Brain pretty pointless after that - so went to bed early.

Lana!! You are here before me. Must be that country Illinois air..... Glad you are having a good time. Enjoy your down time and the wonderful company. The scale will find you soon enough.

Korean Food on cafe menu - pretty good stuff actually.

Wave to all who follow.
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Morning all - I know I’ve been absent for a few months (it wa a rough fall at work). New year, new resolve. I have over 400 messages to catch up on here (yikes!) so may just start fresh. Waves to all who know me and the new folks who have come on since I last checked in.

Quick intro - I’m Tess, live in Washington, DC, am in my mid-50s, one husband, two cats. In 2017, I was able to lose 50+ pounds through MFP tracking and exercise (first walking, then added cardio at the gym). Last year, I added strength training with the help of a trainer. While I could stand to lose more weight, decided to go into maintenance for a bit which worked until the holidays! I gained more than I’m happy with (about 6 pounds) so have gone back to concientious meal planning and calorie counting.

Happy Thursday!

Tess
  • brennerjlb
    Hello Tess - happy to meet you. Been around probably as long as you have been gone. Congrats on the loss and maintenance.
    Runa - also congrats on all the steps you are taking to a healthier/happier you!
    Tillie, Marsell, Gem and all the other steppers- great job. I have to start counting I think as well!
    Did get my walk in with doggo this AM. Cold 14 degrees. We took a shorter walk - tried to stay out of the wind. tomorrow it is suppose to warm up int he 20's again (:
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    wzrjjdpokyhf.jpeg

Saw this on someone’s FB page in my feed... feels just like my day today. Freezing rain came through starting last night. Several freeways got shut down and there were many accidents in my area. Worst I heard of was a 21 car pile up. Even though I am from the north and used to crappy driving conditions... doesn’t matter when you are one drop in a bucket of those who just can’t... or won’t slow down. Plus the built the overpass bridges here with a different material than regular freeway blacktop, so it freezes over faster and is the primary reason for the accidents as people hit black ice. Whose brilliant idea was that and why have they never changed it?

Need to venture out nonetheless and so getting psyched up for it. Going to try not to eat my weight in bad food today, but I just need a day of sun so desperately!! Been too gloomy for way too long here ☹️