Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Lana, sorry about the depression. I can totally relate. Sara is right about the walking. Since it is so rural here I can walk the alley and don't have to wear a mask. While I don't live alone I often feel lonely. It will open up eventually. You will be all right. There is rarely a night that goes by that I don't cry but many times the tears are cathartic. It's hard but we will make it. Evidently you didn't bring Jean Paul along. He didn't stop here either. Tie a knot in your rope and hang on. All are here for you.
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 608 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Howdy to Lana, Sara, Holly, and Dawn, and anyone else stopping by. It's glorious here today--breezy, high 60s, pure sun. I was at the DP for about 90 minutes. Had to hit Target first for a visor, sun screen, and bug spray (didn't need the bug spray yet, but while I was getting summer stuff, that seemed sensible to add to my cart).

Lana, I'm sorry you are suffering with the isolation-and Sara and anyone else, too. Any interest in "meeting" by Zoom? I can host--teachers get free upgraded accounts right now and it's so easy for me to do. We just have to find a time that works. I've been doing it with sibs and cousins and it helps. I'm fairly comfortable being alone most of the time but even I appreciate some variation in my routine. I'm happy to be part of the steps crowd, too--although I tend to log in miles. I'm sure I can figure out how to find steps on my Iphone Health tracker--I used to see them, but hid them. Lana, if you can find a dog park near by, you will find entertainment and "company," and no one will likely care if you don't have a dog (if they even notice). My puppy chased after a stick I threw and she did a full body log roll x2 b/c she lost her balance when she went to grab it at full speed. It was hilarious. I wish I had video. I may try to video more b/c so much is so cute or funny. I'm happy to share my little joys.

Y'all let me know about zoom. I guarantee you can't come to a Zoom looking more . . . "natural" than me. Yeah I wear close but I won't even pretend to have on a bra; I don't "do" anything with my hair and I never wear make up. And the pup scratched my face over my eye, so that's extra attractive (accident while playing; no one's fault).

ETA: 6861 steps/3.2 miles as of about 2 pm today. I have an evening walk planned so that will go up a bit. I like seeing how my steps relate to miles--I did a measured 1/2 mile recently and it was 510 paces (I only count when my left foot lands). So that means 2040 steps/mile, which makes it easy to round off.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,331 Member
    Options
    Thank you Maureen you made me go out and get 5k - I spent much of the day cooking so steps are few.

Lana - can you cook more of your food? Taking back control of your intake fuels also gives me a sense of power.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

For now my third day of my 3 day weekend. An apt, a couple of errands and then as I found my hat, walking.

Maureen you will put us to shame with your walking. Saltine is also a great walker when she can, so when she stops by you can compare notes.

But now back for some more ZZZ - stayed up late with neighbors listening to music from 70's and 80's and Lana if you were anywhere in my town, they would have come and picked you up......but keep an eye on your mailbox.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

Good morning All~~

Thank you for the wonderfully supportive words. That helped!

Sara - I would be up for posting walking/steps stats.
    But I think each of us should compete against ourselves and not compare number of steps walked, you know?

Maureen, I would be up for a zoom thing, and I will not be wearing makeup or worrying about whether or not my hair is sticking up. 😉 I imagine that evenings would be best, as Sara is on Pacific Time. I'm in the Eastern Time zone and late afternoons and evenings are when my mood droops down.

Dawn - I hope that your foot settles down for you. Feet are weird.

Waving to Holly and Lynn and Kathryn and Tracy in Tennessee and Runa and Saltine and Tracey in Edmonton and Missy and Meghan and everyone else who stops by later on~~

The sun is out - yay!!

*waving little flag for Cabana Boys to bring more coffee.....*

Lana

255.8 today
    258.8 highest
    214.0 year end goal
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

As seen on the internet: We are all in the same storm, but we are not in the same boat.

Lana, I can understand the feelings of isolation. However, as an introvert who got in way over her head on the social front, I am loving this. Once we joined the Moose Lodge plus my bowling league, I was rarely home except to sleep. My mental state was suffering tremendously.

I am actually having the opposite problem from you. I am dreading the re-opening and the obligations that come with it. Bowling is one night a week and the occasional (Optional) weekend fundraiser. Moose Lodge is a six-day-a-week commitment, especially now that both my SO and I will be officers starting July 1st. We enjoy most of the time.

Not dealing with co-workers in person has been nice as well. I had been pulling back from them even before this happened. Dreading going back.

I have made a revelation regarding my weight. I don't actually care how I look. I only care what other people think about how I look. When I was near my goal, I also discovered I was deeply offended by being called tiny. Fat I can handle; tiny not so much. Therefore, I have decided to take the pressure off myself about my weight.

That being said, I have gained 50 lbs since September. Most of it since March. This is not healthy. I have eaten anything and everything, including items that I am fully aware are harmful to my body. My goal is to take baby steps and get back to eating the proper things.

CW 200.4 (We'll also call this the starting weight.)
    GW 130 eventually
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Twiley510 wrote: »

I am actually having the opposite problem from you. I am dreading the re-opening and the obligations that come with it.

I have made a revelation regarding my weight. I don't actually care how I look. I only care what other people think about how I look.

So much to process from what I found here today. Zoom info below too.

First, Tracey, I am totally with you about loving the isolation and not caring what I look like. I don't "want" to lose weight; I need to lose weight for my health and especially my mobility. THAT's what I care about. I also like to look athletic, but not enough to motivate me to lose weight apparently. So I have motivation to lose weight that is somewhat removed from losing weight, if that makes sense. Also, I feel guilty for being so comfortable in isolation, knowing how many are struggling. Not overly guilty, but I do feel a bit of an twinge to my joy in having so much freedom with my time and energy. I can flex time for work, too, which I do somewhat--but it is easiest to keep to the start time of 8:30 a.m. or I'd push it off too late to enjoy more "me" time.

Sara and Lana, I will not add my steps; sounds like it won't be very helpful to others. I'm fine with that--I don't track mine generally except to make sure I get in about 3 mi/day right now. I'm still having knee trouble and my plan is to continue to walk until I can start jogging again, but the walking has to be low intensity. My knee started hurting again after 3 days back on hills. Too much too soon. Grrr. I know better.

I'm thinking how best to share a link to a zoom we can all attend, without posting it here where it is, technically, "public." So send me a message here, with the name you want to use on the Zoom, and I'll message back with the link.

Sara, I will need you to indicate a time and date that's not too difficult for you--I meet family at 7 pm CDT on Saturdays, for example; what's not too early for you, and what days work best?

and if it is just me and Lana and the CBs, that's ok too :smile:

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - I will never walk what Maureen does, but if I dont hold myself accountable I will become a couch potato. So lets post what we each do.

My to do list is done and I have found my sun hat, so I need to walk before my need for a nap kicks in.

Sara is a very non-tech person and I will need someone on my end to create the zoom on my computer, so if you want to meet very soon - go ahead.

• LanaCabana537
    Options

A friend initiated a Zoom thing with me, and it was fairly simple to download the application so that it is on my laptop. I believe that she emailed me a link, and I then followed the simple instructions. Maureen, you will have to help Sara and me get our act together.
    I will have to figure out how to MFP message you to give you my email address....

Tracy - The Lodge requires a lot of your time - wow But it's nice that your SO is involved too.
    As for the weight loss - you've got the right idea about those baby steps.
    And Tracy - what the *kitten* is wrong with people!? They say the most thoughtless things sometimes. It pops into their brain and then falls out of their mouths.
    ....As if we choose our genes. 🤦🏼‍♀️ People used to say to me and my sister how wonderful it must be to be tall. We were both 6' 0" inches (before we shrank in our old age), and they were shocked when I told them it absolutely sucked to be tall.

Sara - If I post my steps or miles, I don't think it will be very useful, so I will take the % of goal off of my watch: So, it's 6PM here and I've managed to do 88% of my daily activity goal so far.

I am tired....but must keep moving!

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Maureen,

I messaged you my email address.....

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    My goal is to at least walk 5k a day and I am 500 steps short but I can walk around a garage building a couple of times before the sun goes down.

Miss T is by my feet, too many sounds outside, construction and moving of things.

Had my first home made buddha bowl for lunch - hard boiled egg, ricotta cheese, asparagus,sweet potato,pickled cabbage, rice and pumpkin seeds. Dinner is quiche so not hard work.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Found out last night from coworker that our furlough was reversed and we have to work full time again. I was liking my extra day off - not in my paycheck though. Means I get to face Mrs Monster 5 days a week, so rewards will be created. I also asked if that meant we had to go to the office and was told no. That is the best news of all, full pay and work from home.

Got 6k last night and will try today to walk breaks. I have a timer (Sup's "suggestion" to all of us)and it does add up.

Dog is done and I am back for more sleep.

Wave to all who follow, will stop by at lunch or after work.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Sara ~~

Good for your paycheck, and I'm thinking that it's better to have Mrs Monster over the internet rather than in person?
    A round of applause for going nicely over your walking goal yesterday!!

I did 109% of my activity goal - I literally had to walk circles in my house to get to 100, but I did it, and then flopped down to finish watching a tiny, odd little movie called "The City of your Final Destination" on Amazon Prime.

*tossing beach bag and sunglasses onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

255.2 today
    258.8 highest
    214.0 Dec. goal
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Dang.

I am struggling today with sad mood and low energy. My activity thing is only at 59%. I know from past experience that I could walk for an hour, and I would not make it to 100% tonight.

*kitten*

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    I have 1500 steps to go but I am babysitting the oven- I am making apple crisp finally serves 6 and has 6 apples so that is healthy.... I am knitting and reading/watching things online while I babysit.

No full time for us yet, so it is what it is and I still get my 3 day weekends with paid time off I have not run out yet. I have kept Mrs Monster quiet today - I can do the "na ne na ne" dance at home!!

Come on Lana walk your back yard around the pool and inside - I have had to at times as well. You will sleep better.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - 72% is as good as it gets today.
    I did what I could: I walked, I brushed the pool, I did some housework. Then I flopped on the sofa and watched an odd little German-directed indy film called Dusky Paradise. It was in English and filmed in Majorca, so I soaked up the Mediterranean vistas....

Apple crisp sounds really good !

See you all tomorrow~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited May 2020
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Had one of those "Haight-Ashbury" kind of dreams, but then it fits our current world. All mish mash and makes no sense but I did make it until the end where I told someone I should be a screen writer. See???

Apple Crisp was something my neighbors have never had, so I offered if they got the apples I would make them a pan. What do I need with more? There is other desserts on the horizon. They are talking of hosting a BBQ sometime soon.

I get a feeling Mrs Monster is off today as she gave me a list of things to do today..... Disco music here we come.

Got 5555 steps. Easy to remember.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and hang in there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - You should be a screen writer! Get going--the Cabana Boys will find you a producer and also some backers with deep pockets.
    Atta girl with those steps yesterday!

This morning I will walk with the Ladies Group on a nice flat paved trail. It's about 3 miles, but I'm not sure if I will make it all the way to the turn around point. So I should get around 2.5 miles. I'm having foot and knee trouble. It will be interesting to note how much of my daily percentage goal that walk will gain for me.

BBL

Lana

256.0 salty popcorn!?
    258.8 highest
    214.0 year end goal

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Lana - glad you are meeting up with the Ladies Group - how did that go?
    Sara - I agree, start with the screen play!
    Not much new here. Sunny day, gonna get out for a walk soon here, or I never will.

CW 194.2 (stuck here for a while now...)
    HW 207
    GW 189 end of May.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Did all my "audited" work correctly and Mrs Monster even mentioned that I did a good job. So..... Get out one of your favorite songs to dance to and help me "boogie" in victory.

Lana- hope you were able to walk with your lady friends. A lot easier as a group.

Lunch is so short.