Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,333 Member
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Weigh in done - highest since I started WW 3 years ago - will I get the hint?? Ate serious amounts of junk this weekend. There are 2 hints here.....

Today is half day at work (just shaking my head but I wouldnt want to have to spend more time off) - most people gone, so I am taking microwave lunch to work and come home and not worry and not go outside to deal with the las minute shoppers.

Walking and water - repeat today hmmmm.

For those stopping by before the big day.

v1ybyw9r24ro.png

Wave to all who follow. Lurking as usual
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas Eve, everyone! I am not in a holly jolly mood this year. I just want it to be over. Had a huge baking fail last night. Sugar cookies look terrible, but hope they taste ok. They are my favorite. Silver lining to the fail--I won't try them to see if they do taste good.

I will not make my Christmas goal, but I'm proud of how close I am.

SW 222
    CW 183
    GW 180 by Christmas
    Ultimate goal 105
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    total steps 7846

sweeping leaves as the tree blows them down, I know I will be doing it again tomorrow. Wet leaves are slippery and I can burn some extra calories.

early enough to start quiche for tomorrow's meal(s) so why not.

Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas Eve! I wanted to start our own tradition, since this is our first Christmas together. It wasn't a good tradition, as far as healthy. But, I just wanted it to be something that we'd both enjoy. I made "hot chocolate" pancakes. They were a HUGE hit! Much more so than my pumpkin pancakes (I loved them) Tomorrow, we will have a Turkey dinner and invite his step Dad over. I am still getting some steps in. Although we are closed, we still have to care for boarders. And, this was my weekend to work. So, even though I didn't make great food choices, I'm not just sitting around.

Will check in, tomorrow. Have to work in the morning, then work Wednesday and then a few days off to go visit family. Happy, but dreading it all at the same time.

Have a great evening all!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas to all of you!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited December 2018
    Options
    TUESDAY

Merry Christmas

Good morning,

Coworker brought me a bag almost as big as myself and I am to open the presents this morning. Usually my Christmas morning is 0 or 1 present so this is different.

Lots of rain so will try and get dog out and take walks while it is dry. Sweeping leaves.

Quiche turned out well so that for snack and probably dinner - lunch I will try and go out and see what is out there.

Dawn - Glad you are starting your own Christmas traditions- chocolate chips also work well in pancakes (watch for the chocolate sticking to pan).

Dog is fed and I am waiting for oatmeal. More sleep please.

Wishing all a wonderful Christmas Day.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Merry Christmas all! Hope everyone had a good day. Dinner was more like lunch. Worked out really well. Ate too much. But, better that I ate it at noon instead of 7:00pm. Did not feel like Christmas at all. I'm ok, tho...I think...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    total steps 7032

Enough Chinese food for tomorrow night even. Denied myself Sweet and Sour Pork (huge salt amount), but walked twice today so hot chocolate is on the menu.

Missy - glad you stopped by.

Dawn hard when Christmas is only one day off and like yourself those who have to work the day before/day off/day after - it doesnt feel like the memories of our youth. Glad you were able to have a good dinner.

Now to New Years and my neighbors shooting in the New Year - I never can miss midnight.

• arniedog74
    Options
    Just found out, my niece got engaged today. No one knew he was going to propose. So happy for her. She is a wonderful young lady. I've never met her fiance, but he seems wonderful as well. Very sweet couple.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Scale was kinder this morning. Drank a lot of liquids yesterday, tea/coffee/hot chocolate/ herb tea and water.

Enough Chinese food for another dinner and leftover quiche - dinners for me are set.

Lurking from work. Feel hung over, but from weird schedule so maybe more sleep will help??

Lana - stop by and peep when you can.

Wave to all who follow.
  • jtophinke
    jtophinke Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    13907 steps yesterday!
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!

Been getting steps in while getting ready for Christmas. I have not gotten on the scales yet. I am kinda scared to do so. However, my jeans are fitting much looser. DH commented they are getting baggy and I had to keep pulling them up all day. so that is a NSV for sure!

Had all 4 kids home with the grandbabies plus MIL. Nice that we had plenty of room with new living room layout.

Tried making better choices over Christmas food-wise. Of course, on Christmas Day that went out the window. One day, especially a holiday, is not going to completely derail my efforts. Just have to get back at it today.
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    “Hot Chocolate” pancakes... mmmnnn! 😋
  • arniedog74
    Options
    RunaMarti wrote: »
    “Hot Chocolate” pancakes... mmmnnn! 😋

They were very yummmmm :)
  • tcarroll120
    tcarroll120 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm a serial starter!! I'm so motivated for a while and when I fall of it's a serious crash and burn. It's time to fix some of these bad habits mental transformation will create physical change.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,848 Member
    Options
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    Lana-

0086z48j2ufl.jpeg

Missy -

Thank you so much!
    (I have missed a few days here!)

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    RunaMarti wrote: »
    @LanaCabana537 A belated Happy Birthday!! С днём рождения!! 🥳

https://youtu.be/rucMSX0gzYQ

@Tilliesmommy1 I made the mistake of going out to IHOP one year. At least I got bumped up in line because it was easy to find a table for one. But the entire restaurant was exploding with families laughing and talking. I just relax as best I can at home now.

Spaghetti was/is good. Too much seasoning in meat, though. Oops 😬

Runa -
    Thank you very much for the crazy birthday song! I love it!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    8105 total steps plus a cup of coffee and sugar to stay awake.....

Leftover chinese for dinner, too lazy to heat up, luckily cold chinese food is still okay.

Lady at work (serious grinch) came over to neighbor at work and was asking her why she didnt take down the decorations (read jealousy here) after she finally waddled away, I went over and told my neighbor mine was staying up until New Years eve. :p

Anyone making a New Years Resolution? I am not sure I have ever kept one.

TCarroll welcome and stop by when you can.

I think sleep will find me quickly.

• ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I hope you’ve had a great Christmas.

This past week has been a whirlwind. Drove 11 hours on Friday to my hometown to see my Dad and clean up his place. Spent Saturday and Sunday there and then drove back the 11 hours overnight. His alcohol abuse has taken quite the toll. He can hardly talk or move his body, lift up a cup and he’s still pretty out of it. He was moved to a physical rehabilitation center tonight. I think he has a long road ahead.

I’ve been eating poorly of course, but am going to try to get back on track tomorrow now that things have calmed down a bit. Now more than ever, I must take the time to take care of myself and that includes my diet and exercise.

Back to work tomorrow. I’ll check in then!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Eryn - Wow, that was some weekend you had + the entire "day" spent simply driving! Goodness. What karma. I am sorry to hear about your father.
    Yes indeed, it is time to pay attention to yourself! Big hugs~~

Sara - If I were you two ladies at work, I would keep my decorations up until the 12th day of Christmas. That's what my mother always did. Heck, your grinch at work is lucky I'm not working there: my Christmas tree is up and lit 365 days of the year, 24 hours a day. Pfffffft on her!

Lana

247.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal